Female clothes free gifts

reesebreitling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, reesebreitling said:

Dutch people like free things :) I would like to visit places where I can get some reasonably looking casual clothes (for women). I am also looking for a pair of free bare feet :) my avatar's default feet look as if it was born with a serious deformity.

You won't want free bare feet. You'll want a mesh body with included feet, or to buy the Slink mesh feet add-ons. That way your skins match. Spend the money now, and save on clothes rigged to bodies people actually make gifts/freebies for.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, reesebreitling said:

Dutch people like free things :) I would like to visit places where I can get some reasonably looking casual clothes (for women). I am also looking for a pair of free bare feet :) my avatar's default feet look as if it was born with a serious deformity.

Wear sneakers.

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/

ETA.  Also check The Free Dove

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, reesebreitling said:

Scandalize has an outlet store with literally hundreds of free outfits. You have to join the group but the group is free. Hilly Haalan also has a good range of freebies, so does Ydea.  Le'La has an extensive collection of lucky chairs, if you don't mind waiting for your letter to show up. 

And don't bother with free (or even paid-for) mesh feet, get a whole mesh body (feet included). The best deal right now is the Lucybody Midnight Mania. It'll take about 3 days to "win" after you enter (it doesn't reach target in one day so they roll it over each day until it fills) and you'll need to spend L$197 on the BOM relay so you're not stuck with the awful default skins. But aside from that it's a decent body that fits Maitreya clothes and Slink shoes. And there are thousands of free gifts for Maitreya clothes, far more than there are for any other body.

if you can afford L$1250 (I think, or thereabouts) get one of the Belleza bodies, which are still on half price. Freya is the best supported for clothing and the one you'll most likely be able to find freebies for.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 8

You guys are missing the point she said Dutch people like free stuff. Suggesting they purchase items is not actually answering her. 

Altamau (spelling) has lots of free avatars this person can get. Now clothing is not going to be available in abundance… 

I understand you are otherwise happy with your avatar? Lots of cheap and free clothing for classics! 

You could find some shoes that have the feet in them! Look in my store If you see a pair you like I will send them to you. Free cause no one is buying them lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

You guys are missing the point she said Dutch people like free stuff. Suggesting they purchase items is not actually answering her. 

The only way to get a decent amount of free clothing is to pay at least something for a body. 

Any body that is actually 100% free will have almost no clothes that fit it. Altamura free bodies can't be modified in any way, you're stuck with the skin, lack of makeup and no nails options as well as hardly any clothes rigged for it, of which the only actual L$0 ones are the half-dozen or so free things at London City and maybe a half dozen more on the MP.

The only other 100% free body is Ruth, which looks no better than the Classic avatar. If the OP really cannot afford L$197 she is better off keeping her classic body, not bothering with mesh at all, and wear either boots or those old sculpty shoes with feet included. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It all depends upon is they are satisfied with a default avatar, with default body and paddle feet. One can try to fix it with shoes that have feet attached and free clothing for default body. That is great, if it what they want. The downside is that most merchants stopped making clothes and such in standard sizes years ago. So the quality is not top anymore.

But with a mesh avatar that is popular and can cost as little as 200 or 1250 L like those Maitimo mentioned, can pick from an abundance of freebies, dollarbies, group gift and sales that is up to date and has a much better fit than the standard sized clothing to default body ever had.

Yes, it is so many freebies and cheapies for the most popular bodies out there than one can use, even if using an outfit only once. For less than 1-10 dollars spent on a mesh body that can be modified and have a huge inventory.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Scandalize has an outlet store with literally hundreds of free outfits. You have to join the group but the group is free. Hilly Haalan also has a good range of freebies, so does Ydea.  Le'La has an extensive collection of lucky chairs, if you don't mind waiting for your letter to show up. 

And don't bother with free (or even paid-for) mesh feet, get a whole mesh body (feet included). The best deal right now is the Lucybody Midnight Mania. It'll take about 3 days to "win" after you enter (it doesn't reach target in one day so they roll it over each day until it fills) and you'll need to spend L$197 on the BOM relay so you're not stuck with the awful default skins. But aside from that it's a decent body that fits Maitreya clothes and Slink shoes. And there are thousands of free gifts for Maitreya clothes, far more than there are for any other body.

if you can afford L$1250 (I think, or thereabouts) get one of the Belleza bodies, which are still on half price. Freya is the best supported for clothing and the one you'll most likely be able to find freebies for.

I second the Lucybody midnight mania board.  I got it for my latest alt, and with the less than 200 linden BOM relay it's really the best deal out there.  The neck mapping works well with the universal neck, and I can't see any neckline with my alt's mesh head (HDPro, which I actually did pay full price for).

I realize 197 lindens isn't "free", but it's about 1 USD, which is the best rate for a body as flexible as Lucybody.

• Like 6

On 1/21/2022 at 1:44 PM, reesebreitling said:

thiss is a very cute pair of bare feet. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SD-Beachy-Bare-Flat-Feet-RGB-BSM/3822901

• Thanks 1

Body - nowadays meaning a mesh part that you ADD to yourself - e.g. like eBody, Maitreya, Belleza, to name but a few...

The classic "body" is SL's own body mesh.

Both respond to appearance (shape) sliders.

Shape - the appearance setting for the body. These shape the body to your liking.

(Most of those are head settings. So if you want to copy a shape, keep the head and add your favourite body settings to it.)

Yes, you can wear eBody with mesh heads. The gap between the body and the head may need some extra concealment in some cases.

• Like 4

The best female deal for you is the group gift Genus "Strong" head. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Genus Project Mainstore/103/130/34

You join the group, it is free, and click on a big poster in the store. It is also some free skins for it.

The Legacy Classic meshbody is 1 L. It is a beauty, but a bit difficult to dress. It can use older TMP clothes. A store like Scandalize has many TMP sizes among their older gifts.

This blog has many good resources: https://ryanschultz.com/category/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies/

I think the post about the Classic Meshbody has working slurls still. https://ryanschultz.com/2020/04/17/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-the-meshbody-offers-free-versions-of-their-classic-mesh-bodies-for-men-and-women/

I am not sure about the cost of joining Scandalize now. It was free, then 100 L, then free again...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure about the cost of joining Scandalize now. It was free, then 100 L, then free again...

The Scandalize group is set at L$20 right now but if you go to the outlet, you can join for free the Scandals group and get lots of free outfits by clicking on the Scandals icon next to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also think your best option is to get the free LucyBody and free Genus Strong head, then buy the LucyBody BOM applier for $ 197 (about 80 cents US). The Atenea LucyBody fits Maitreya clothes and Slink shoes, both of which have thousands of free items that fit them inworld and on Marketplace.

I love free stuff, but sometimes you'll save more in the long run by spending a little bit upfront. If you buy about $5 to $10 in linden dollars, you can join groups that have free group gifts. Then get a mesh body and head that will allow you to wear thousands of free skins, make-ups, outfits, & etc. You don't have to pay rent for land if you find nice, quiet places that let you rez packages. You might even find places that have houses you can use for free, especially if you can join their land group. Make finding good freebies one of your main gaming goals, and SL will not let you down.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

So, for the Lucybody - which body is most compatible for skins? Would you use skins formatted for Maitreya? Would you have to track down an old skin for Slink Physique? (I don't know if I've seen those in a very long time.) 

My skin for Maitreya works well on the Lucybody.  I don't have that avatar inworld at the moment so I can't examine her fully, but I did check when I put the Lucybody on her, and I didn't see any misalignment that was evident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

My skin for Maitreya works well on the Lucybody.  I don't have that avatar inworld at the moment so I can't examine her fully, but I did check when I put the Lucybody on her, and I didn't see any misalignment that was evident.

That's the neatest solution, then. Maitreya tends to go funny around the fingernails on other bodies, and vice versa.

• Like 1

This is what you can do with the Lucybody and the Genus head that Marianne talked about. I only had to pay L$197 for the body BOM relay.
I'm using a free full body skin, free clothes from Scandalize (Scandals group free to join for clothes in the outlet and - if you run fast - for the advent calendar in front of the shop which was supposed to be gone on January 23rd but was still there on the evening of the 25th [SL time]), free hair and free shoes from one of the many freebies shops.

When I first started experimenting with a female avatar, I was using the free eBody classic and its BOM relay, which are both free on marketplace (see Colleen's post above). But the Lucybody is much better in my opinion. And as Rowan already mentioned, the FabFree website is a great source of information for free or cheap deals.

Emma_25.01.2022_004.png

Edited by Isaac Ashton
  • Like 2

Back to shapes. Linden Lab should have split the shape in two separate shapes, one for the head and one for the body. But they don't, they won't, whatever reason, they are our overlords and we have to work around it.

When you buy a head, you must use the shape for the head included, to get the same face as on the poster. The same with a skin, if you buy a skin that says "Genus" you must use it on a Genus head, and also use the shape included with the skin. Plus, it is usually eyebrow shapes included, they have a brown head cap as symbol. They raise, lower and arch the brows so they look like shown in the advertisement.

Now you have a head that you are satisfied with, but from the neck and down you dislike the body. So you may perhaps put on another shape where you have tweaked the body numbers to be just as you like it. But then your face is totally messed up.

It is less sliders for the body than for the head, so what I do, is wearing the shape with the body I prefer, and write down all the numbers from the head and down. Height, width, muscle mass and all the others. Then I wear the shape that came for the head, and start changing all the body numbers to get my preferred body back. It is tedious work, but it is the only way to do it, thanks to LL giving us only one shape.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That's the neatest solution, then. Maitreya tends to go funny around the fingernails on other bodies, and vice versa.

There are some nail fixes available for the problems with some skins' poor texturing around the finger and toe nails on meshbodies. From memory, Sweet's (on MP) and League's (inworld) are free and work for many meshbodies.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.