influencers

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The mechanism by which one manages to become an influencer on social networks is not very complicated.
Just stick to a topic and pull down loads of posts.
Slowly you will begin to accumulate followers and if you know how to cultivate them well they will grow exponensively.
Those who do not follow you will see that many follow you and will be interested.
Aside from bots, many will start following you just because someone they follow is following you.
In SL you cannot know how many and who are the followers of an account. This function does not exist in viewers.
You probably can't really follow an account either. You can request their friendship, but in any case this is a function that has little to do with that of followers in social networks.
The beauty of Second Life is that this mechanism doesn't make any sense.
There are no influencers here. It is precisely the mechanics of this metaverse that is totally disconnected from this thing.
What do you think about this thing?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If I pull up a name in search and go here https://my.secondlife.com/, there IS a follow function.  People can have it shut off as I do.  I also have it shut off on the forums.  So you can know how many people follow you in either spot as it sends you a notification.

Sorry to disappoint you but these are functions that have no ... functionality.
Sure these can make some sense to an account as attentive and experienced as you are.
But new users or those who use SL in a different way from yours, so let's say 90% of the accounts, would not even have the faintest idea of all this.
Rowan, my dear, let's face it.

2 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Sorry to disappoint you but these are functions that have no ... functionality.
Sure these can make some sense to an account as attentive and experienced as you are.
But new users or those who use SL in a different way from yours, so let's say 90% of the accounts, would not even have the faintest idea of all this.
Rowan, my dear, let's face it.

I didn't say it was popular.  I was just explaining that there IS a follow function when you said there wasn't one.  The reason I did shut mine off was that a lot of NEW people I'd meet would follow me there which just seemed creepy to me.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I didn't say it was popular.  I was just explaining that there IS a follow function when you said there wasn't one.  The reason I did shut mine off was that a lot of NEW people I'd meet would follow me there which just seemed creepy to me.

Frankly if users (new or old) haven't bothered to look at the profile system to see what they can do with it, that is on them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The reason I did shut mine off was that a lot of NEW people I'd meet would follow me there which just seemed creepy to me.

I think the only problem with you and me is that we don't understand each other.
You must think that I try very hard to try to understand you. It is certainly my problem in understanding your language, perhaps it is you who use your language in a way that is inaccessible to me.
I would like to ask you to rephrase your sentence in a way that is more understandable to me as a non-native speaker.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

The only relevance in which Viewer one uses is in which system(s) you have access to. Firestorm allows access to both the Legacy and Web Profile systems. One should be examining both - some functions simply do not work properly if one does not set them in the Web Profile.

For the Forum, one's Viewer is completely irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Are you talking about Firestorm or the official viewer?

Niether, and both. some weird social media like stuff that I don't use and don't pay attention to is doable without going in-world. you can write things on other people's walls, they can write on your walls, and you can ad pictures. I mostly notice it saying when people's display names have changed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Niether, and both. some weird social media like stuff that I don't use and don't pay attention to is doable without going in-world. you can write things on other people's walls, they can write on your walls, and you can ad pictures. I mostly notice it saying when people's display names have changed.

Perfect.
This is another of the broken functions of SL.
And I am pleased that it is a broken function.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

But new users or those who use SL in a different way from yours

You said new users aren't aware of the follow function to which I responded that  only people who wanted to.follow me WERE new people.  I do recall you wanting to follow me on the forums so it's obviously a function you would find useful.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, Tama Suki said:

Why i can't follow you here? 😞

On 11/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, Tama Suki said:

Maybe i can follow you inworld?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

You may not, others do and have and have had to have it explained to them why they should not do so.

Welcome to reality.

Hope you don't go using Media on a Prim functions if such is your reaction to that bit of information ...

Let me teach you one thing Solar.
The reality of SL isn't quite what you and Rowan are used to.
The reality of SL is mostly made up of lag and casual encounters.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Ah yes, now - like so many others - you're going to pretend that your personal experience is the norm.

It isn't - there's your second lesson in reality.

With that, class is dismissed. Report to the Remedial Course lecture hall, just down the corridor.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Ah yes, now - like so many others - you're going to pretend that your personal experience is the norm.

It isn't - there's your second lesson in reality.

With that, class is dismissed.

Give me the specs of your computer, sugar and then let me know if when some have a thin connection he can look at the shadow of your beautiful avatar and open the internal browser and also the horrible artifact of the profile of the official viewer and understand how he have to follow you, sugary.

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.