influencers

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually, before it got derailed with a rather odd digression on GIFs and memes, this was a potentially sort of interesting discussion.

The thread derailed when Rowan and Solar started pointing out things they don't understand well.
The thing that you emphasize instead seems to me much more diriment to the thread.

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Linden

A Linden can never be considered an influencer but at most an employee who does his job to keep a few old money-spitting accounts alive.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

democratic

This is the interesting discourse that it seems right to deepen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion that animated GIFs in SL do not exist and that the earth is flat, but...

Keep SL influencer-free!

ezgif-3-69fabd3ce8.gif.93b81b6a0aa2a647646f2b5bd9ad3d74.gif

You miss the fact that most accounts would take at least 40 seconds before rendering all the frames of that inworld gif.
I don't think there is a need to link to any wiki to make you understand what I'm talking about.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

The thread derailed when Rowan and Solar started pointing out things they don't understand well.

No, I was responding to your OP and your statement that one can't be followed in SL which they certainly can be.  Where it went off the rails is when you kept saying we were wrong when you seemed to be the one who didn't understand a simple function that has been available to everyone in SL for over 10 years.

Anyway...I can see it's just another one of countless threads for you to try and become an influencer.  Best of luck, pumpkin.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

No, I was responding to your OP and your statement that one can't be followed in SL which they certainly can be.  Where it went off the rails is when you kept saying we were wrong when you seemed to be the one who didn't understand a simple function that has been available to everyone in SL for over 10 years.

Anyway...I can see it's just another one of countless threads for you to try and become an influencer.  Best of luck, pumpkin.

You simply, as usual, did not understand what I wanted to talk about.
I don't think our relationship can continue this way.
We must make a decision now before it is too late.
I already have a divorce behind me and I know how these things work, listen to me, it is better that we immediately clarify the type of relationship we want to have before taking further important steps.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thats something all other forummers would like to see from you... sometimes it's as you'r from a different galaxy,

I only realized now that with this sentence: "The reason I did shut mine off was that a lot of NEW people I'd meet would follow me there which just seemed creepy to me." Rowan was referring to this forum.
But it seems clear to me that my post was not referring to this forum but to SL.
However, I try very hard to understand people, always.
I ask forgiveness if you do not understand me many times.

2 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I only realized now that with this sentence: "The reason I did shut mine off was that a lot of NEW people I'd meet would follow me there which just seemed creepy to me." Rowan was referring to this forum.

No, I was mainly referring to inworld so wrong again.  I shut inworld follow off.long before I started using the forums and for a long time, never had anyone try to follow me here.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

No, I was mainly referring to inworld so wrong again.  I shut inworld follow off.long before I started using the forums and for a long time, never had anyone try to follow me here.  

Thanks Rowan.
But may I ask why you follow me with so much emphasis on this forum?
Honestly, I only notice you when you intervene in my posts.

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

Thanks Rowan.
But may I ask why you follow me with so much emphasis on this forum?
Honestly, I only notice you when you intervene in my posts.

I don't specifically follow anyone on the forums.  I look at new content and respond if it's of interest or if someone needs help or, as in your case, someone has posted something erroneous.  That was my sole intent when responding to your OP.  You often seemed to be confused as to how things work in SL and on the forums.  I'm nothing if not helpful.

I'd have to say it's you who seems to have the obsession.  I respond directly to something you've said either to me or in general.  You mention me in your response to others.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't specifically follow anyone on the forums.  I look at new content and respond if it's of interest or if someone needs help or, as in your case, someone has posted something erroneous.  That was my sole intent when responding to your OP.  You often seemed to be confused as to how things work in SL and on the forums.  I'm nothing if not helpful.

I'd have to say it's you who seems to have the obsession.  I respond directly to something you've said either to me or in general.  You mention me in your response to others.  

I tell you clearly once and for all.
The way you do it gives me the feeling of stalking.
I always like to play down and finish discussions with a joke.
You should relax.
I didn't come here to learn but to share ideas.
If someone makes a mistake, like yesterday when a complete idiot posted an image of Auschwitz to reply to one of my threads I become a beast and I don't mind being banned.
But you have to relax and take your breath away from my neck.
I don't hurt anyone.

• Confused 4

I’m an influencer. I have fans… just one fan actually, I put it in the corner of my room and influence it to blow cool air over me at night. Best fan ever! Unfortunately it doesn’t follow me though. It’s a stationary fan. 

Edited by davidventer
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I tell you clearly once and for all.
I always like to play down and finish discussions with a joke.
You should relax.
I didn't come here to learn but to share ideas.
If someone makes a mistake, like yesterday when a complete idiot posted an image of Auschwitz to reply to one of my threads I become a beast and I don't mind being banned.
I don't hurt anyone.

48 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thats something all other forummers would like to see from you... sometimes it's as you'r from a different galaxy,

I mean, look at Alwin's style!
This is the right way! 😂

56 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

You miss the fact that most accounts would take at least 40 seconds before rendering all the frames of that inworld gif.
I don't think there is a need to link to any wiki to make you understand what I'm talking about.

This whole animated gif tangent would make so much more sense if you understood what you're talking about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

This whole animated gif tangent would make so much more sense if you understood what you're talking about.

Let me understand it while you rez an animated texture in a sim with medium lag and then we'll talk again herr professoren.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

If someone makes a mistake, I become a beast and I don't mind being banned.
I don't hurt anyone.

I'm perfectly relaxed.  I calmly and as simply as possibly, explained your mistaken statement about following people in SL.

The part I bolded above is where you and I differ.  Every response I've made has been directly in response to something you've said to me.  Not in a beastly fashion but in a simple and direct way.  You were mistaken.  I corrected you.  You got offended as you just did with @Qie Niangao.   

You should probably edit what I quoted above to.say, "when I (Tama) make a mistake and anyone mentions it, I become a beast."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm perfectly relaxed.  I calmly and as simply as possibly, explained your mistaken statement about following people in SL.

The part I bolded above is where you and I differ.  Every response I've made has been directly in response to something you've said to me.  Not in a beastly fashion but in a simple and direct way.  You were mistaken.  I corrected you.  You got offended as you just did with @Qie Niangao.   

You should probably edit what I quoted above to.say, "when I (Tama) make a mistake and anyone mentions it, I become a beast."

But have you ever created a thread in this forum?
Do you have your own experience to share?
Do you have something to say other than going around making judgments by pulling your followers around on things you haven't even read right Mrs?

Mamma mia what a paranoia!

Bye

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

59 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

No one is stalking you. This forum is a forum meant for discussion unlike Twitter where you just put random thoughts in. Perhaps that is why you are confused.  If you don't want people to discuss what you say, don't post.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

But have you ever created a thread in this forum?
Do you have your own experience to share?
Do you have something to say other than going around making judgments by pulling your followers around on things you haven't even read right Mrs?

Mamma mia what a paranoia!

Bye

Responses like this are what make others think you are trolling and an A$$hole. Shrugs.

• Like 7

@Tama Suki -- this is your thread, isn't it?

Maybe you should be making some effort to keep it on topic, rather than skirmishing pointlessly?

Why don't you address the possible problems that arise from not having easy access to people in SL who can assist and inform? There are a lot of bloggers out there who are providing information that would be enormously useful to noobs and others if they knew it existed: Skell Dagger comes to mind. Strawberry Singh's old blog was a terrific help to people.

Currently, the lack of easily-accessed, well-known sources of information means that noobs aren't receiving the kinds of assistance they could. And even those who've been around a while are missing out: I have a friend who has been in SL over a decade who is looking for a new mesh head, and who was unaware that LeLutka had a freebie one available before Christmas.

There are negatives to the lack of "influencers" as well as positives. Can you think of a system that we might implement that would avoid the pitfalls, but enable the positives?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Tama Suki -- this is your thread, isn't it?

Maybe you should be making some effort to keep it on topic, rather than skirmishing pointlessly?

Why don't you address the possible problems that arise from not having easy access to people in SL who can assist and inform? There are a lot of bloggers out there who are providing information that would be enormously useful to noobs and others if they knew it existed: Skell Dagger comes to mind. Strawberry Singh's old blog was a terrific help to people.

Currently, the lack of easily-accessed, well-known sources of information means that noobs aren't receiving the kinds of assistance they could. And even those who've been around a while are missing out: I have a friend who has been in SL over a decade who is looking for a new mesh head, and who was unaware that LeLutka had a freebie one available before Christmas.

There are negatives to the lack of "influencers" as well as positives. Can you think of a system that we might implement that would avoid the pitfalls, but enable the positives?

The title of my thread is clear, the content too.
if there was an unclear question I think I been solved in two lines thanks to Tessa many posts ago.
But your speech is also very interesting.
Now you are telling me that I should contact technicians and bloggers to ask for something to be corrected?
Actually I'm starting to think that all of this could become interesting material for a subject.
Go ahead, thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.