Introverts Welcome

Nightmare Balestra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read this in someone's profile a long time ago and made note of it - it really rings true, per my perception anyway.

Myths about Introverts:

Introverts don’t like to talk.
Untrue. Introverts don’t talk unless they have something to say. Small talk isn’t their thing. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Introverts are shy.
Yes, sometimes they are shy. But more so, they need a reason. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking, they’ll open right up. 

Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone just to be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not appreciated in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Introverts don’t like people.
Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you likely have a loyal ally for life.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I read this in someone's profile a long time ago and made note of it - it really rings true, per my perception anyway.

Myths about Introverts:

Introverts don’t like to talk.
Untrue. Introverts don’t talk unless they have something to say. Small talk isn’t their thing. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Introverts are shy.
Yes, sometimes they are shy. But more so, they need a reason. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking, they’ll open right up. 

Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone just to be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not appreciated in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Introverts don’t like people.
Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you likely have a loyal ally for life.

I relate to all that...also...yes, this is 100% "me".

e85a6084acfd4441a49ed9d18fadea39.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Introverts can handle to have people around them. Look at me. I'm an introvert and I worked over thirty years as a teacher. Kids, parents, colleagues around me all the time.
I did not mind to talk to larger groups of people at all. 

What I really needed to compensate all this, was a lot of me time in the evenings, weekends and vacations.
I totally hated the special activities, like Christmas celebrations, teachers day and team building activities.

Functional and to me interesting activities with people around me are fine. Social blah blah blah and chitchat not so much.
Let me be the dj, barman, host or the man behind the scenes at a party and I will have fun and will come gladly. Being a guest standing around is awful for me.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.