Is threatening and Harass other allowed in SL

ChloeHo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is threatening and Harass other allowed in SL?

A guy seems have frighten other competitors away using threatening and Harass way in a game sim,

And I get the message too, and he is very clever, always harass and threaten others in  PM so that we cannot report to land owner to ban him from sim,

cause the PM is protected by the LL's TOS, and always just send message in one sentence that make you feel harass, but if get reported, it always seems is a normal chat,

It happened a long time, and make others do not take part in the game so that he can win in all rounds,

so LL allows this happening in a game/sim?

18 answers to this question

If it happens again, submit an Abuse Report via the viewer Help menu.  Harassment of others is a TOS violation - though what LL considers to be a violation is often different from what the Residents do.  LL has access to all chat and IM logs, but you can provide quotes from your IM log in the AR description if you like.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChloeHo said:

The Knockout machine there can win L$20 Per hour, he still can win even there is no competitors, and I want to win that L$20 too, or still have other place have the same machines?

So this is a skilled gaming region?  

Regardless, mute him, ignore him, continue playing your game.  Abuse report him if necessary.  The ONLY things you can do.  Just play your game and ignore him.  He can't do anything to you.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChloeHo said:

The Knockout machine there can win L$20 Per hour, he still can win even there is no competitors, and I want to win that L$20 too, or still have other place have the same machines?

There are some great Freeplay areas at many skills gaming sims which do not tolerate griefers.  Cashino Games is my favourite. There are freeplay games of different types there which will pay you a few L$, and always keep an eye out for the annual skills gaming fair - usually September-ish I think -  which will win you some more Linden dollars to play at various skills gaming sims. While at any gaming sim, look at people's profiles to see what other groups they are in and you'll find other places to play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

They should "mute" him too. If they all do he won't be able to harass anyone in IM's, problem solved.

I agree with Nick, the easiest and immediate solution is just to ignore the guy. If everyone just mutes him, he loses his power -- but you can absolutely contact the land owner to complain about him. If everyone also messaged the land owner, I'm sure they'd rather ban the guy from their sim instead of letting him chase everyone away.

27 minutes ago, animats said:

Do you mean "It happened a long time ago in the past", or "It happened many times recently?"

Given the context, I'm pretty sure they mean "it's been happening for a long time".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If it happens again, submit an Abuse Report via the viewer Help menu.  Harassment of others is a TOS violation - though what LL considers to be a violation is often different from what the Residents do.  LL has access to all chat and IM logs, but you can provide quotes from your IM log in the AR description if you like.

Have already submitted over ten abuse report, and LL do not take any action, SO it always protecting him form getting reported and protect his game dominating behavor, And I want LL to take some action on this problem and give players a fair chance gaming environment, Everyone can win in a game, not a person using the rule of land or LL to protect them to dominate a game, and trying to kick away all the protential competitors

Edited by ChloeHo

You have agreed to the Linden Lab TOS (Sect 6), which says: "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."  If you have a disagreement with another resident, work it out between you. LL may choose to intervene under some circumstances but will usually leave the challenge to you.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You have agreed to the Linden Lab TOS (Sect 6), which says: "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."  If you have a disagreement with another resident, work it out between you. LL may choose to intervene under some circumstances but will usually leave the challenge to you.

So now that guy using this to protect his dominating behavor, and no one can take action on him, the Land owners do not want to take action, and LL does not take action, so he use this way to make others not to have a competition with him, and we can only deal by ourselves, so that's why he does not afraid of getting reported

4 minutes ago, ChloeHo said:

So now that guy using this to protect his dominating behavor, and no one can take action on him, the Land owners do not want to take action, and LL does not take action, so he use this way to make others not to have a competition with him, and we can only deal by ourselves, so that's why he does not afraid of getting reported

If NO ONE goes there, how can he win?  Find some other place to go.  If the owner won't do anything, STOP GOING THERE.   Maybe then he'll do.something...or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If NO ONE goes there, how can he win?  Find some other place to go.  If the owner won't do anything, STOP GOING THERE.   Maybe then he'll do.something...or not.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChloeHo said:

Have already submitted over ten abuse report, and LL do not take any action, SO it always protecting him form getting reported and protect his game dominating behavor, And I want LL to take some action on this problem and give players a fair chance gaming environment, Everyone can win in a game, not a person using the rule of land or LL to protect them to dominate a game, and trying to kick away all the protential competitors

If you have submitted ARs and nothing is done, then apparently LL disagrees with you about something happening that is violating the TOS

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, ChloeHo said:

So, I guess you will need to ask yourself, "Is it really worth winning 8 cents an hour to put up with this annoying person?"  

• Like 7

Oh! Now I get it. This is the Knockout game. "Only one person can win and everyone fights to keep the current High Score in this fast paced action packed timed traffic gaming system that plays just like Slot Bingo or "Zyngo" and the winner gets a L$ Jackpot and is FREE to play!" So driving other users away is profitable.

That's an perverse incentive system rarely seen in Second Life. There are are other games intended to draw traffic to a region, such as fishing games and lucky chairs, but they don't have a game mechanic which encourages obnoxious behavior.

"The only way to win is not to play".

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.