Is your late 30s and 40s too late to get married?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Wait by pixeling you mean SL pixelsex? I was talking about Skype sex where you at least get to see the real person, don't tell me that in 15 years being together you didn't do that!

My only experience with such a long term relationship was when one of my SL ex's told me she's been with some dude in SL for 8 years until he died... but 15 years without ever touching the other persons hand or smell, kiss each other? WOW! It really is something unique..

Forum oldies have heard this before from me :-)

I’m one of the fortunate ones Second Life allows to “simulate being normal” despite an annoying physical challenge 🙂

As a lifelong runner and fitness-nut, I was “blessed” with an atypical early-life stoke.

It wasn’t horrible; I still raised two children, have a career and even a very physical side job (to pay for raising two children)….but one of my lasting “deficits” is that when tired, stressed (or even in the Mood) I can do a very good Elmer Fudd / Drunk impersonation.

”Thouch my nithplz” is just NOT sexy talk 🙂 

In my RL work, I’m the one rehearsing for the morning Zoom-call so I can be understandable (my duty shift is an overnighter so I’m very tired by meeting time).

I’m not shy about being open about this, because my *hope* is that I can encourage people like myself to make use of SL to fill some of the empty spaces that our physical challenges create.

My relationship with my SL Partner is important to me. The emotional reality of love lasts longer then the human body can sustain the *act* of love; so I do not feel shorted 🙂

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amanda Crisp said:

Forum oldies have heard this before from me 🙂

I’m one of the fortunate ones Second Life allows to “simulate being normal” despite an annoying physical challenge 🙂

As a lifelong runner and fitness-nut, I was “blessed” with an atypical early-life stoke.

It wasn’t horrible; I still raised two children, have a career and even a very physical side job (to pay for raising two children)….but one of my lasting “deficits” is that when tired, stressed (or even in the Mood) I can do a very good Elmer Fudd / Drunk impersonation.

”Thouch my nithplz” is just NOT sexy talk 🙂 

In my RL work, I’m the one rehearsing for the morning Zoom-call so I can be understandable (my duty shift is an overnighter so I’m very tired by meeting time).

I’m not shy about being open about this, because my *hope* is that I can encourage people like myself to make use of SL to fill some of the empty spaces that our physical challenges create.

My relationship with my SL Partner is important to me. The emotional reality of love lasts longer then the human body can sustain the *act* of love; so I do not feel shorted 🙂

Oh OK so the two of you haven't met in 15 years due to some disability, i get it.

In my ex's case she never met him in those 8 years because she didn't find him attractive enough to do so (of course she didn't tell him that).

Anyway it's nice to read love stories and i am glad SL worked for you and you are happy.

gastsby-whatgatsby.jpg.gif

On 12/2/2021 at 5:36 AM, QwiQ said:

Not trying to catch you out or undermine your position, just evidence that it's a complex issue which perhaps we all have some skin in perpetuating.

Hi Qwiq, sorry -- I just saw this for some reason.

I'm a little surprised that you'd be at all surprised by my presence as a "top poster" in that thread, given my pretty well-known views, and the putative nature of that thread. Did you look at the actual nature of my contributions?

The subject is indeed a complicated one. We are all, literally, "objectifying" ourselves when we assume a virtual appearance in a digital platform: we are providing a iconic simulacrum -- I mean, literally, an "avatar" -- of ourselves as a virtual embodiment of who we are and how we want to be "seen." And sometimes we decide that it is our sexual selves that we want to highlight. Mostly, that seems to me to be perfectly fine: sexuality is as much a part of "who I am" as anything else about me.

But there's a difference between someone choosing an appearance that will attract the attention of others, and objectifying someone else who has not been given that choice. I have every right to "package myself" as a sexual being if I want to (and I don't think that IS what I'm doing on that thread in any case, but it wouldn't matter if I were), because that is about me making decisions about my meaning(s) and nature. What is obnoxious is when we impose upon others a reading that reduces them, without their choice, to something to be "consumed."

I think, too, there is a difference between objectifying an avatar, and applying that reductive way of thinking about a person in real life?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ErikWall said:

Well Im 56, just got engaged, will have the wedding in 2023, so nah go for it.

And its second engaement, first marriage.

Well done Erik! Great News! So nice to see people find the one that fits them and take that extra step!

ERJchW1.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to this thread, however, I believe it's never too late to get married. As others have said, it can be too late to have a biological child, however, I was open to loving somebody's children from a previous relationship. When I got married in 2000, it was the first marriage for my husband and me. I was 48 and he was 45. Neither of us had children. People would be jaded when they learned of our engagement, because the assumption was that this had to be our second or third marriage. When they found out it was our first (and so far only) time, they became excited for us. 

It took forever for me to find my soulmate. I'm grateful that I got to have him in  my life, even though his was cut short in 2007. He would have made a great father, I think. After his death, SL became a haven for me. I was happily independent before I got married. In some ways it was a huge adjustment at the ages we were, but I wouldn't have traded our marriage for anything in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 01.12.2021 at 16:46, Nick0678 said:

Крута пісня ніколи про неї не чула.

Я не знаю Цеку. Я сентиментальний чоловік, тому мені важко мати дітей.

( я більше схожий на «дядька», який відвідує їхню маму відтоді, як тато її покинув .. )

більше схожий на «дядька», який відвідує їхню маму відтоді, як тато її покинув .. )

Але дівчина , яку ви відвідуєте, вважає , що ви саме той,кого вона чекала все життя))))) . А ще вона чекає від вас пропозиції руки та серця 😜😉😁

9 hours ago, GlukProsto said:

більше схожий на «дядька», який відвідує їхню маму відтоді, як тато її покинув .. )

Але дівчина , яку ви відвідуєте, вважає , що ви саме той,кого вона чекала все життя))))) . А ще вона чекає від вас пропозиції руки та серця 😜😉😁

I can't speak russian, sorry man.

(Only greek, italian, english and poruguese um pouco).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.