Is your late 30s and 40s too late to get married?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Well i don't know.. one mans loss is another mans gain.

One of my RL ex's used to be married with a guy who did "invest" a lot in her so he paid to have her boοbs enlarged/aligned.. plus other stuff fixed that i did enjoy playing with after they broke up. So you could say he actually paid for my future entertainment/pleasure. 
Folks should be a bit more careful/detached when it comes to marriage and such things that's all i 'm gonna say..
(..and also, thank you Johnny!)

That says a lot about her rather than the ex husband 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Well i don't know.. one mans loss is another mans gain.

One of my RL ex's used to be married with a guy who did "invest" a lot in her so he paid to have her boοbs enlarged/aligned.. plus other stuff fixed that i did enjoy playing with after they broke up. So you could say he actually paid for my future entertainment/pleasure

Nick, do you ever listen to yourself when you say things like this? Do you have any idea how this sounds to a woman?

You present this as though someone had bought a toy that they passed on to you. You do realize that you weren't playing with "stuff" -- that that was an actual person, right? Not a bunch of synthetic body parts made available for your entertainment and pleasure?

I can't even begin to tell you how utterly repellent this sounds.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

That says a lot about her rather than the ex husband 😆

Well she is a fine woman and John is a cool dude, it just didn't work out for them and since there is no return policy in such things.. NO refund.

(what could she do.. return the silicon gel?)

Uhm.gif

14 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

things

They are NOT "THINGS." SHE is not a sort of convenient coat hanger for "fun bits" that you can buy, play with, and then pass around to other men to enjoy.

She is a person, and regardless of who "paid" for them, they are part of her.

You're truly hopeless.

Fortunately, the 99% of the people on this forum who have an actual moral compass, who recognize that women are people, and who don't treat them like sex toys, don't need me to underline how utterly appalling your attitude is.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo. And I'm done with this guy.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You present this as though someone had bought a toy that they passed on to you.

Ahh yes we did have a great time together while it lasted. It was exactly that type of relationship and we both treated each other as sex toys to the extreme. 

Damn all this talk made me think of her, i 'm gonna call her and see how she's doing and maybe arrange a drink etc.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Nick, do you ever listen to yourself when you say things like this? Do you have any idea how this sounds to a woman?

You present this as though someone had bought a toy that they passed on to you. You do realize that you weren't playing with "stuff" -- that that was an actual person, right? Not a bunch of synthetic body parts made available for your entertainment and pleasure?

I can't even begin to tell you how utterly repellent this sounds.

Thanks for putting it more eloquently than I can.

Yo.....that bit got a hairy eyeball from me. Way to dehumanize half the human population like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My great aunt remarried when she was 50 after her husband died...so no, age doesn't matter 🙂

And someone I work with who's in his 40s went to South America before Covid and met someone, and when lockdown ended this year he flew out there to get married. You can do what you like! Get married when you're 80 if you like 💘 Just don't commit bigamy in the UK or you can go to prison.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:50 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm getting to my late 30s and I'm unmarried. On one hand, I enjoy being single and haven't found the right person yet, but on the other hand, I do want to get married eventually.

IMHO write down the reasons you want to get married, and prioritize your reasons. This exercise will force you to look more seriously into your motives and what is truly important to you. Make sure that you are seeking marriage for the right reasons. If you decide to proceed, when meet the person you believe might be the right one, take the next step, start living together. If it is really the right person, time will tell you to take the next step, marriage. Don't rush. Do what is right for both you AND the other person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had just turned 40 (20 years ago .. you do the math :D) when i met my now husband on the internet and we just wanted to drink a coffee in a cafe .. i never wanted to marry then. The coffee-date lasted for 10 hours and 6 weeks later we were married. Our families had not much time to take care of the arrangements :) 

It's never too late to marry but it will be at one point to late to get children. As i never wanted children, i had all the time in the world and am glad i waited. All my friends, who married in their 20s have been divorced at least once.

• Like 2

In the Christian West the concept of Marriage is a Contract between two people to cohabit.  I know it has evolved a bit recently, and probably for the good.  In the Christian East the concept was that marriage was society 'crowning' the existence of a new family.  I am being hyper-over-simplistic here.  I can't talk at all about the non-Christian societies, particularly the ones with arranged marriage systems, and I am also not being judgemental about them.

It's never too late to sign a contract, but forming a traditional family is hard once you are past child-bearing age.  So really it depends what YOU mean by marriage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

They are NOT "THINGS." SHE is not a sort of convenient coat hanger for "fun bits" that you can buy, play with, and then pass around to other men to enjoy.

You're truly hopeless.

Fortunately, the 99% of the people on this forum who have an actual moral compass, who recognize that women are people, and who don't treat them like sex toys, don't need me to underline how utterly appalling your attitude is.

Hi Scylla,

Hopefully not derailing this thread too much, but wanted to say something here.

I completely agree with what you're saying, sexual objectification (SO) of women is a huge insidious problem and needs to be called out wherever we see it.

So, given 99% of the people on this forum have a moral compass, and given the view that any form of SO is prima facie morally wrong;  how do we explain the continuing popularity of:

And then

image.png.840e7f1c8541a755306ff7ac66ae622d.png

Apparently it's billed as a "social experiment" , others might call it "ironic", others might call it something else 🙂 

Not trying to catch you out or undermine your position, just evidence that it's a complex issue which perhaps we all have some skin in perpetuating.

Edited by QwiQ
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 5:50 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm getting to my late 30s and I'm unmarried. On one hand, I enjoy being single and haven't found the right person yet, but on the other hand, I do want to get married eventually.

... back to the topic (that booty call made my Wednesday night great)

My dear Gopi i got 2 words for you when it comes to people who will tell you that you should get married etc.

First is that marriage is not important, food is important, water is important, good health is important and to be able to financially support your lifestyle.

Second is that when it comes to sex (which many times it will lead to marriage).. you and your sex partner should enjoy the same things so never settle for those who give you less than what you like.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That is true however it seems to me, that the lady in question had no problem in being "objectified" to start with. After all nobody told her to get her bits "fixed".. she did that out of her own accord, I would imagine, and was happy for her ex-husband to pay for it.

Sometimes it takes two.. or three.. even four to tango (that becomes a complex quadrille though) 😅

If my boyfriend/husband told me I need to "fix my bits" to delight him, I would tell him exactly where to go (and possibly stamp a size 7 UK in his derriere for good measure).

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

That is true however it seems to me, that the lady in question had no problem in being "objectified" to start with. After all nobody told her to get her bits "fixed".. she did that out of her own accord, I would imagine, and was happy for her ex-husband to pay for it.

Sometimes it takes two.. or three.. even four to tango (that becomes a complex quadrille though) 😅

If my boyfriend/husband told me I need to "fix my bits" to delight him, I would tell him exactly where to go (and possibly stamp a size 7 UK in his derriere for good measure).

It all depends on someones lifestyle and being an adult person in a Democracy means they are free to do whatever they like and of course it's nobody else's business what or how they like to live their life or change their body, what kind of sex they like or how they want to be treated.

Some people like to experience life as loners, others as Romeo and Juliet and others like it to be more intense (and that can exist within marriage as well).

Either way no laws are broken.

im-free-kassi-ashton.gif

Edited by Nick0678

10 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

It all depends on someones lifestyle and being an adult person in a Democracy means they are free to do whatever they like and of course it's nobody else's business what or how they like to live their life or change their body, what kind of sex they like or how they want to be treated.

Some people like to experience life as loners, others as Romeo and Juliet and others like it to be more intense (and that can exist within marriage as well).

Either way no laws are broken.

im-free-kassi-ashton.gif

Yes my point exactly… people like different things, enjoy different kinks. Some love to be objectified and some don’t. To each their own as long as everyone’s happy and the play/games/s3x is consensual and no one is hurt.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.