Question about selling business

Ramses Meredith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ramses Meredith said:

Did happen to see people selling their own business? 

IF yes, where in the forum?

That would seem to me more of a Real Life situation.  There would be copyrights and such to consider as well as any and all legal aspects.  One could 'sell' their business in SL and have the original owner come back later and file a DMCA.  It's probably something you'd want to ask an attorney.

• Like 1

@Nick0678 if I write here asking it is about SL, for RL business for sure I not look on the SL Forum - but yes I understand you mean RL  companies with an SL  business, and @Lillith Hapmouche to be precise I have the new version done, so not so screwed, I don't get that cheap sarcasm

Edited by Ramses Meredith

21 minutes ago, Ramses Meredith said:

@Nick0678 if I write here asking it is about SL, for RL business for sure I not look on the SL Forum - but yes I understand you mean RL  companies with an SL  business, and @Lillith Hapmouche to be precise I have the new version done, so not so screwed, I don't get that cheap sarcasm

I understand it's for an SL business but RL courts have been involved in DMCA reports about SL businesses.  If I were purchasing an SL business, I'd certainly want to know my legal rights as you should know yours as a seller.  Once you've received that advice and how to go about selling, I'm not sure where you could advertise since advertising is not allowed on the forums.  

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I understand it's for an SL business but RL courts have been involved in DMCA reports about SL businesses.  If I were purchasing an SL business, I'd certainly want to know my legal rights as you should know yours as a seller.  Once you've received that advice and how to go about selling, I'm not sure where you could advertise since advertising is not allowed on the forums.  

Oh well in such situations anyway since it is a business you need to prepare a contract and sometimes an NDA too. I have been told some business were sold so I am curious to understand how people find out it

1 hour ago, Ramses Meredith said:

Oh well in such situations anyway since it is a business you need to prepare a contract and sometimes an NDA too. I have been told some business were sold so I am curious to understand how people find out it

Word of mouth? If the business is worth anything everyone should know about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.