can i literally block someone on secondlife.com?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a girl that always every time comments on any and every post I put in the forums.  Many times it ends up twisting the subject matter to go a totally different way.  I always hope she will not comment.  But, she does every single time no matter what regardless if she has knowledgeable information on the subject or not.  I know I can mark people as 'ignore'.  But, can i actually block her?  I don't know what else to do.

1 hour ago, Lia2LaRue said:

I know I can mark people as 'ignore'.  But, can i actually block her?  I don't know what else to do.

No, even if you ignore, you'll still see something she posts if somebody else quotes it.

You could look at the issue from a different perspective: somebody obviously thinks enough of you that they follow your every word.

Me, personally, I'd be glad of somebody like that, Loads of times I'll respond to topics only to find that my post is the last one there, nobody follows on. I look back over all the threads I've closed down and feel like a murderer or a killjoy.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lia2LaRue said:

There is a girl that always every time comments on any and every post I put in the forums.  Many times it ends up twisting the subject matter to go a totally different way.  I always hope she will not comment.  But, she does every single time no matter what regardless if she has knowledgeable information on the subject or not.  I know I can mark people as 'ignore'.  But, can i actually block her?  I don't know what else to do.

I presume you don't mean ... do you? On this avatar? You've only made 10 posts in total, no one surely can be getting that much on your nerves already.

Seriously though, it's probable that all of us have someone that irritates us - and no doubt I irritate a ton of people. Tolerate or ignore is all you can do, or step away from the forums. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
I murder threads too ^^
  • Thanks 3

Feature Request:  I want to block select others from posting on forum threads I started and block them from quoting any portion of any of my posts anywhere else in the forum.

Is this what you want?

/me want a "block any anime content" button

There are some hidden dangers to the "ignore,mute" approach, and that is the risk of losing part of your internal adjustment mechanism that maintains a thing called "tolerance". If you don't keep mental functions up to date they can atrophy. Fresh challenges are an essential part of survival and evolution.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.