What is a body applier?

Tinkvd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I’m new to second life and I’m trying to figure out, what type of body do I want for my avi but one of the bodies that I’m thinking about buying says  woman body appears. What is a appear?  

Edited by Tinkvd

• Tinkvd changed the title to What is a body applier?

Appliers are nifty little scripted items that are used for applying textures. Like skin texture on your body or lipstick on your head. (There's also another way to apply textures on your avatar called Bakes On Mesh or BOM). 

If you are not sure what you are looking at, it's good to try a free demo of that item first. 

• Like 1

Hello Tinkvd

First, welcome to Second Life and our community!

34 minutes ago, Tinkvd said:

one of the bodies that I’m thinking about buying says  woman body appears. What is a appear?  

In order to better assist you with your question, you might want to consider sharing the name of the body you are considering.

In addition to the answer that June shared above, YouTube has many tutorial videos that might be helpful to you. For instance, this tutorial [link] will introduce you to avatar customization and it covers appliers. You might also hear the term Bakes on Mesh (BoM), and this other tutorial [link] might be helpful.

Wish you a great Second Life experience!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

Hello Tinkvd

First, welcome to Second Life and our community!

In order to better assist you with your question, you might want to consider sharing the name of the body you are considering.

In addition to the answer that June shared above, YouTube has many tutorial videos that might be helpful to you. For instance, this tutorial [link] will introduce you to avatar customization and it covers appliers. You might also hear the term Bakes on Mesh (BoM), and this other tutorial [link] might be helpful.

Wish you a great Second Life experience!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XVI-Body-HUD-L-W/20672878
that’s the body that I’m thinking about buying but I’m very confuse about it so yeah💕 omggg thank you guys for the love

The ladies on the forum will be able to better handle questions on female bodies, but I do not believe the item you found on Marketplace is actually a mesh body.

2 minutes ago, Tinkvd said:

that’s the body that I’m thinking about buying but I’m very confuse about it so yeah💕 omggg thank you guys for the love

3 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

The ladies on the forum will be able to better handle questions on female bodies, but I do not believe the item you found on Marketplace is actually a mesh body.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to answer that question because that was the  only thing, I was very curious about. But really thank you so much 

25 minutes ago, Tinkvd said:

Thank you so much for taking the time out to answer that question because that was the  only thing, I was very curious about. But really thank you so much 

Recently there was a thread on this forum discussing female mesh bodies. Maybe it will be helpful. Here is the [link].

When purchasing a mesh body, one of the considerations should be clothing availability. As a general rule of thumb, the more popular a body is, the better support it will have in terms of clothing. Here is a thread [link] from earlier this year, where you can see which bodies were the most used at the time.

If the information shared does not make sense, feel free to ask your questions, and the community will try to help you.

P.S.: as an additional help, here are the main mesh body stores:

You'll probably want to look into mesh heads as well, and here are the two main stores:

If by any chance you do not wish to make an initial large $ commitment on customizing your avatar, this [website] is a good resource on free products for you to customize your avatar.

Edited by Echelon Alcott
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tinkvd said:

This is actually a skin and not a body! Look at the category it is listed under - up top on the marketplace page:

IMG_20211115_094353.jpg.6886d6b526414c809adb5e83adc953ba.jpg

If you are into thicker shapes, I would suggest taking a look at Kupra. You can grab a free demo here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/INITHIUM-KUPRA-HD-BOM-V014-Demo/20582053

And check the threads Echelon linked, those have good info in them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Echelon Alcott said:

Recently there was a thread on this forum discussing female mesh bodies. Maybe it will be helpful. Here is the [link].

When purchasing a mesh body, one of the considerations should be clothing availability. As a general rule of thumb, the more popular a body is, the better support it will have in terms of clothing. Here is a thread [link] from earlier this year, where you can see which bodies were the most used at the time.

If the information shared does not make sense, feel free to ask your questions, and the community will try to help you.

P.S.: as an additional help, here are the main mesh body stores:

You'll probably want to look into mesh heads as well, and here are the two main stores:

If by any chance you do not wish to make an initial large $ commitment on customizing your avatar, this [website] is a good resource on free products for you to customize your avatar.

You forgot Kupra :P

3 hours ago, Tinkvd said:

So I’m new to second life and I’m trying to figure out, what type of body do I want for my avi but one of the bodies that I’m thinking about buying says  woman body appears. What is a appear?  

If you're still confused, I may not be in here for 10-15 years, but I can show you some basic ropes. So if you need any help, I will gladly help you 😆

As others have noted, the item linked in the OP is not a body. However, when looking at it, i was reminded of a couple of important things. One is that it is risky to buy a body when no demo is offered; I'd never do it, unless it was free. The other is that, unless you really need to save money, or have some other specific reason, I don't think it's worthwhile to try to use other than leading brands of bodies and heads. The leaders are leaders for a reason.

If you don't need to save, I think Maitreya is the hands-down choice because of the excellent support by clothing and other creators, excellent feature set, and excellent support by the developer. Others will disagree. If needed a free or low-cost body, I would try Lucybody. I have no personal experience, but I understand that Maitreya clothes fit it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That body doesn't seem to have quite the reach in the clothing market as the others do, and most of the stuff for it is stripperwear.

Thank you 💕 i’m going to be looking at the links that everyone sent me about the different type of body types thank you for helping me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

If you don't need to save, I think Maitreya is the hands-down choice because of the excellent support by clothing and other creators, excellent feature set, and excellent support by the developer. Others will disagree. If needed a free or low-cost body, I would try Lucybody. I have no personal experience, but I understand that Maitreya clothes fit it.

Jennifer, I wholeheartedly agree with you that Maitreya is the safe choice, due to all the good reasons you listed. 

Having said that, when we look at the body applier that OP listed from the Marketplace, it seems like Inithium Kupra [website] is the best approximation to the body shape that OP seemed to show interest, thus Karen's reference to it earlier in the thread. This is a trade-off that OP will have to decide what matters the most to her, body shape or support. I'm sharing Inithium's website for OP's benefit.

7 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

If needed a free or low-cost body, I would try Lucybody. I have no personal experience, but I understand that Maitreya clothes fit it.

Works with Maitreya clothes/boots and Slink shoes with feet set to 25 in appearance mode, HUD has a more extensive range of alpha cuts than the Maitreya body

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.