Trick or Treat Event FYI

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:31 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

We ARE an opinionated bunch.  Here's mine: I agree with Derrick Linden in this case.  It is cheating to take in an alt army daily and click/abandon 5 times every day in each account..  The person(s) doing this KNOW they are gaming the system and using it as a way to get ahead in the collecting numbers by constantly moving their buckets for personal gain.  Being an adult I have a personal sense of ethical game play and taking in 10 alts for an extra 50 candies every day that no one else has access to is obvious "gaming of the system" in an unfair way.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  Just how long do the rules have to be?  As soon as one loophole is closed, someone will find or create another one.  They know what they're doing.  Cheating.

100% THIS!

How long do you think Linden Lab will host events if the same small handful of people game them and win each and every time? And how long do you think people will be interested in participating in these events when they have zero chance of getting anywhere? And do we really expect Linden Lab to write an essay full of rules against every potential way someone might game the system in an attempt to keep the playing field level? Aren't we all grown adults?

This has been a blast for me. I have returned to Beliiserria because of this event. I have seen amazing homes and so many people went out of their way to decorate, and I honestly feel like a kid again out trick or treating. Residents are helping other residents, we are sharing bucket locations, getting dressed in costumes and enjoying an adventure. I would appreciate it if we could all play nicely (this is a game inside a game after all) and not sidestep the spirit of the game and then act innocent, hurt and victimized because an iffy winning strategy got called out.

Don't act like a jerk and people won't call you one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It's not unusual for people to clear up from events too early, because they don't read the instructions. A few might have made a dramatic gesture because how dare you call someone using an exploit a cheater, but most removals aren't going to be down to that. There are still a lot of buckets out there though.

(Edit: I meant to post this in the other thread where bucket removal was mentioned, but it's all the same topic in the end, so it's near enough.)

Edited by Polenth Yue
Confused mushrooms
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised that rules had to be revisited for an event like this. This is the first Trick or Treat event by LL. There are always a few bumps in the path the first time around with events.

Look at Blizzard, they planned an event that is literally used as case study for epidemiologists now. Where some people found a way to almost completely break the game. Completely unintended consequences happens sometimes. Having to add rules, or patch something in, is completely normal.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

I'm not surprised that rules had to be revisited for an event like this. This is the first Trick or Treat event by LL. There are always a few bumps in the path the first time around with events.

Look at Blizzard, they planned an event that is literally used as case study for epidemiologists now. Where some people found a way to almost completely break the game. Completely unintended consequences happens sometimes. Having to add rules, or patch something in, is completely normal.

I'm not sure Linden Lab wants to be compared with Blizzard right now, since a bunch of their employees protested the company and quit recently.

31 minutes ago, yestothis said:

Are they announcing results today? 

Your guess is as good as ours.  

I haven't seen any indication of when the results will be provided.  Don't even know if they'll post a list of all winners or just the top 10 or no list at all.

Abnor (I think it was him) commented in another thread about how handing out the bears will be a manual thing for them to do.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

YAY -- I got in the top 100, so I got the Evil Bear. 

I'm assuming the Skelly bear that everyone gets for participating will be coming later, since I only see the Evil bear currently in my inventory.

ETA:  Per @Fleur Aurelia's comment, I grabbed my Skelly bear at Millbank.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

YAY -- I got in the top 100, so I got the Evil Bear. 

I'm assuming the Skelly bear that everyone gets for participating will be coming later, since I only see the Evil bear currently in my inventory.

I picked up my Skelly bear over at Millbank by clicking the board. 😃 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I got in the top ten and stole all the other candy! Which you can see at my house, as the bears are having a picnic. The food is a selection of the stuff given out at houses during the event, except for the bowl in the middle (that's my treat or treat gift giver and you can click it if you missed it).

Go inside and to the left: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aramis/131/24/21

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

(that's my treat or treat gift giver and you can click it if you missed it).

Thank you, Polenth!  Actually, I wasn't able to make it around to any of the homes so kindly posted in this thread, just didn't have time, and if y'all don't mind I'd like to pop by sometime this week and cam around, just to see where my friends live 👀

If that would be a problem,  just send me a private msg or comment here :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.