How often do traditional homes come up?

Annalise Evergarden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is impossible to say an exact number. But in this thread, it is posted what type house is up when someone was in and checked. Yesterday and Friday was the two last posts, and with Traditionals.

But now, as I type here, it is only Campers, Chalets, Log Homes and Fantasy Homes.

I spent some time a month ago looking for a new LH, and as I remember it, Traditionals are not rare, but not common either. They are in the middle. The hardest to get is Houseboats, Stilts on Pier and Stilts on Water

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yeah, new theme: Water AND modern... that would get my heart bumping faster. 😂

The Chalet and Fantasy themes was not for me. It appears LL has made plenty of them, so they will last for a long time.

Water AND modern, made me think of Fallingwater house. It's my absolute dream home. https://fallingwater.org/

• Like 7

And still there are a Traditional up for taking. We have no way of knowing if it is the same that is claimed and abandoned, or if it is a new one. I know some houses has been on the Home page several times for days.

But it may be a fine location. I believe the Home page is being watched by several who try to get not just a fine location, but a superfine location. I had quite strong ideas of what I wanted. And believe it or not, one of my dreams was abandoned! But I was asleep so someone else took it. So that is it, a game of luck. I had abandoned many fine houses before I got one that was almost a dream location. Close enough. 😉

• Like 4

@Mortified Wanderer , you can check the land page yourself without being premium.  Log any avatar into secondlife.com as usual (using their inworld password).  Then change the page to: http://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

Voila.

Just refresh the page to see the latest homes available.  Be aware, though, that you can only refresh the page once a minute (10 times per 10 minutes, actually); after that, you will get an error message.  If you want to continue frequently monitoring the newest status, you'll have to relog every time you exceed 10 refreshes per 10 minutes.

Also note that the land page will come up with only 4 themes displayed.  Nowadays, there very often are more than that available, hit the small green link above the Name Your Home section that says "View all Houses" to see the rest of the themes that are available.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

I prefer to use an auto-refresher set to 70 or 80 seconds. I am sure that I am not locked out then. If I do it manually, I forget to refresh. I want to read another page while the auto-refresh is working on the LH page. And alerts me when the home I want comes up.

I saw all kinds of homes when I was looking for a new home. But I had certain criteria for it, so I got it and abandoned it, up to my 5 times per 24 hours. I was following the abandoned ones through Firestorm teleport history, and saw them picked up and abandoned again and again. But when I logged in next day, they were taken. It is both "picky" people that has had Bellisseria homes before and look for a special location, and people that just want a home. And people have different opinons of what's their best location.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw all kinds of homes when I was looking for a new home. But I had certain criteria for it, so I got it and abandoned it, up to my 5 times per 24 hours. I was following the abandoned ones through Firestorm teleport history, and saw them picked up and abandoned again and again. But when I logged in next day, they were taken. It is both "picky" people that has had Bellisseria homes before and look for a special location, and people that just want a home. And people have different opinons of what's their best location.

It always makes my heart sing a little when I see a home I’ve abandoned with a new name. Maybe it’s the perfect fit for the next person.  It also means the Trad or houseboat won’t come back to me immediately after I abandoned it. I’m grateful for the heads up. 

• Like 2

I picked up my current Trad in April and at the time, I was seeing maybe two or three Trads per day, though they never stayed on the land page for long. And they were not all the same one getting sent back over and over because I kept picking them up myself in hope of finding one on beach sand. It took me about four days to land my perfect one (I wish there was a way of finding out who had it last, I would still wish to offer them my heartfelt thanks).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I picked up my current Trad in April and at the time, I was seeing maybe two or three Trads per day, though they never stayed on the land page for long. And they were not all the same one getting sent back over and over because I kept picking them up myself in hope of finding one on beach sand. It took me about four days to land my perfect one (I wish there was a way of finding out who had it last, I would still wish to offer them my heartfelt thanks).

I tend to not keep the sandy Trads. Give me lush green any day of the week. I might have been the person to toss it back into the pool. Or not  😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I tend to not keep the sandy Trads. Give me lush green any day of the week. I might have been the person to toss it back into the pool. Or not  😊

Lots of people (thankfully for me) don't like them.  What's odd though, is that I never really liked the Stilts, even though the ones on land are almost exactly what I look for in a Trad. I'm just not keen on the overall landscaping of the Stilts areas.

• Like 2

@MaitimoI know exactly what you mean about the stilts. They have a lot of the elements that I love. I even landed one in Seaprise on my late mother’s birthday. It had this incredible view of the lighthouse. My favorite things! I managed to keep it a couple months. Back in the pool it went for someone else to appreciate and enjoy. Or maybe it’s the tumbleweed in me. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.