Forever Tourist: SecondLife Passport Game for all Residents

Feorie Frimon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, CarlaWetter said:

I was about to register our Marina, but the categories for locations held me back. We're not really a hangout, we're certainly not commercial although we offer lots of free maritime items, we don't RP, we're not even bothering with adult activites. Too bad that doesn't make us educational, the only thing is that we've never made a profit with any of it.

We welcome visitors, especially those who like to travel by boat. One could see our place as public rez zone of sorts I guess. And other suggestions?

You can pick whatever seems right for your group! If not, you can always add some notes. Once I get the entire list in, I'll group them accordingly. The Blog post will have some of the details you added as well so people know what the location is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

The huds seem to work very well. I made my own logo from their template and am all set up.  I couldn't actually find any INSTRUCTIONS for setting up the kiosks but since I had been in lots of RFL events I figured it out pretty easily. Might be good to add some instructions about what to leave in and what to take out of the kiosks though -- for newish folks. 

Looking forward to some adventuring. 

This is great feedback - there is a notecard in the Kiosk box that points to the blog post giving the details & set up video, but I deffinatly could make that more clear. I'll go update that now! 

notecard.thumb.jpg.544af0323ba3353dfc6b52980907d711.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suh Oh said:

Many Thanks @Therese Tammas .... Unfortunately I can only find 2 locations, hence my questionich

Hey! The locations haven't been posted yet. The list (that does come from a website) will go out 10/1/2021 via Group Notice in the Operation Mainland group. You can watch this video for more details: 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

This is great feedback - there is a notecard in the Kiosk box that points to the blog post giving the details & set up video, but I deffinatly could make that more clear. I'll go update that now! 

notecard.thumb.jpg.544af0323ba3353dfc6b52980907d711.jpg

Yes I found that notecard and followed both links :D but never found any actual "setting up the contents" in the kiosk.  So someone that doesn't do that a lot or isn't a builder at all (hang out place maybe?) would likely be very confused. 

EDIT:  Also as mentioned here in the post, instructions really do need to be in a notecard for the folks that don't do English well -- so that they can paste into a translator.   AND since we know that most folks don't read even if they DO speak English -- a notecard that says KIOSK SET UP INSTRUCTIONS right in the kiosk pack would be "my" first choice LOL.   

The other thing that was very confusing for ME is that so much is about Operation Mainland. I had to search and search before I found any mention that you didn't need to be on mainland. It really seemed like -- because of all the mainland stuff -- that this was mainland only.   You can sort of see this in that notecard LOL.    So a poster at the office about setting up would be good.   I could have WRITTEN of course but was trying to figure it all out for myself.   I never did find the setup video, just the 3 minute passport one. 

EDIT:   IF the set up video is under the big poster with the main video then I think it would be better to put that poster over by the kiosks as I just assumed (rightly or wrongly) that it was more of the same. If it would have said "setting up your kiosk" with white letters on blue or something "I" at least would have noticed it as being different.   

That's all I've got. Hope this works well.  The avatar in the video is darling (and friendly looking) and the audio is very clear (old machinimatographer here) so congrats on all of that.   I am a fan of mainland but don't have any at the moment.  :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

That's all I've got. Hope this works well.  The avatar in the video is darling (and friendly looking) and the audio is very clear (old machinimatographer here) so congrats on all of that.   I am a fan of mainland but don't have any at the moment.  :D

I made all of the changes you suggested - I added some more highlighted details to the website and added a link to the written versions of the instructions as well as the video! :) This whole thing is suppose to be EASY - thanks for helping me make it that way.

And.. I mean... if you need some mainland, I can totally scout out some parcels for you. XD I'm getting pretty good at these days with all the Abandoned Land I'm hunting down! haha 

Updates1.png

Updates2.jpg

Updates3.jpg

• Like 2

@Feorie Frimon  LOL. That looks great.   I kept adding to my post there with more ideas.

I DID just send you a PM but sure you will see that.  Even with EASY there will be ISSUES -- folks really do overlook things VERY easily.    

Happy to help. That was what I was after *wink*.   I am no longer premium so just rent but may rent some mainland some day. I have a sim so really no giant need. But I have enjoyed many years and oh so many places on mainland.  Private too. Just depends.   

Thanks!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

I made all of the changes you suggested - I added some more highlighted details to the website and added a link to the written versions of the instructions as well as the video! :) This whole thing is suppose to be EASY - thanks for helping me make it that way.

And.. I mean... if you need some mainland, I can totally scout out some parcels for you. XD I'm getting pretty good at these days with all the Abandoned Land I'm hunting down! haha 

Updates1.png

Updates2.jpg

Updates3.jpg

@Feorie Frimon I'm 10000% all for Mainland as you know...but perhaps for clarity, a separate group and website  for the Forever Tourist Passport game, would be a good idea? ...to help people understand that it's for ALL Second Life not just Mainland exploration. (And you can link the Operation  Mainland site from there too!)

Edited by Therese Tammas
website, not section!
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Therese Tammas said:

@Feorie Frimon I'm 10000% all for Mainland as you know...but perhaps for clarity, a separate group and website  for the Forever Tourist Passport game, would be a good idea? ...to help people understand that it's for ALL Second Life not just Mainland exploration. (And you can link the Operation  Mainland site from there too!)

I'm a little worried that all of the people that have gotten passports so far won't know to go to another group to get the info.... it doesn't look like you can change a group name either. I'll submit a ticket to see if it's possible and let you guys know what I find out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

I'm a little worried that all of the people that have gotten passports so far won't know to go to another group to get the info.... it doesn't look like you can change a group name either. I'll submit a ticket to see if it's possible and let you guys know what I find out! 

Good luck! Then recreate the Operation Mainland group maybe after they fix the other group for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope you'll 🎉celebrate🎉 with me today - the Forever Tourist program OFFICIALLY has over 1,500 passports purchased and over 100 registered Locations! 😍

This is an amazing milestone for the first week and I'm so grateful to everyones help and interest to help make this a sucess! :)

Just a reminder - 10/1/2021 we'll be releasing the first list for all of the locations so if you haven't already registered your place, you've still got time! If you need any help, reach out to Feorie Frimon in world for help! :)

• Like 4

do you get an actual stamp texture with this system or is it the same as the Bellisseria one where it only adds the stamp into a hud? 

I mentioned this in regards to the Bellisseria one but it's not really convenient to wear a passport hud all the time. If the stamps are supplied as textures then you have the option of sticking them in your house, using them as bumper stickers on your car etc - just a lot more possibilities.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

do you get an actual stamp texture with this system or is it the same as the Bellisseria one where it only adds the stamp into a hud? 

I mentioned this in regards to the Bellisseria one but it's not really convenient to wear a passport hud all the time. If the stamps are supplied as textures then you have the option of sticking them in your house, using them as bumper stickers on your car etc - just a lot more possibilities.

It’s applied to a HUD. 

You can click the Forever Tourist icon and it will automatically detach from you if you want to quickly take it off, but you’ll have to find it in your inventory to put it back on again. 

I’d only recommend wearing it when you are hunting for stamps, then take it off when you aren’t hunting anymore. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

in prep for this i converted one of my battle encounters into a holdable plushie :0 which was a 10/10 decision he's just a little guy

Snapshot_024.png

excited to see what other kinds of goodies others who chose the ~fancy~ option include at their places :0! and explore in general, the date the first list drops is the day im finally free from crunching stuff

• Like 2

On 9/20/2021 at 2:23 PM, CarlaWetter said:

Because that's not an option on the list for the free kiosk:

What kind of location is this? *
 Public Hangout
 Commerical Store
 Educational / Non - Profit
 Event
 Adult Themed
 Role Playing Game

Public hangout may still work. All scenic areas are hangouts. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.