Forever Tourist: SecondLife Passport Game for all Residents

Feorie Frimon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone! I'm a Youtube Vlogger that is wild about the mainland. I post videos of different mainland places, activities, and POD rides around the grid. In one of my latest PODsCasts with Strawberry Linden, I mentioned I was working on a Passport program for Mainlanders and other people that don't live in Linden Homes. Thanks to the super talented Quistess Alpha, it's finally ready! If you are interested, check out the info below and if you want to visit the location in world, USE THIS SURL HERE.

If you want to watch the 1 min 'feel good' teaser video, check it out here:

If you are looking for something new to do and like to adventure, check out this quick 3 min tutorial for any SecondLife Resident that can be a Forever Tourist Passport Holders:

If you own ANY type of location in SecondLife and are looking to attract more visitors, check out this quick 3 min tutorial for Kiosk owners:

Edited by Feorie Frimon
Typo! :)
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1

I was about to register our Marina, but the categories for locations held me back. We're not really a hangout, we're certainly not commercial although we offer lots of free maritime items, we don't RP, we're not even bothering with adult activites. Too bad that doesn't make us educational, the only thing is that we've never made a profit with any of it.

We welcome visitors, especially those who like to travel by boat. One could see our place as public rez zone of sorts I guess. And other suggestions?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CarlaWetter said:

I was about to register our Marina, but the categories for locations held me back. We're not really a hangout, we're certainly not commercial although we offer lots of free maritime items, we don't RP, we're not even bothering with adult activites. Too bad that doesn't make us educational, the only thing is that we've never made a profit with any of it.

We welcome visitors, especially those who like to travel by boat. One could see our place as public rez zone of sorts I guess. And other suggestions?

Why not register it as scenic?

• Like 2

I believe the BBB from Bellisseria also allowed Mainland or other spots- I think I've seen some spots in there- but I could be wrong....still this is a great enrichment and the more passport games the merrier!!!

Okay - Update: the BBB only offers passports to those who have a Bellisseria home- so this is definitely needed, a universal SL game for ALL of SL residents! =D

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Why not register it as scenic?

Because that's not an option on the list for the free kiosk:

What kind of location is this? *
 Public Hangout
 Commerical Store
 Educational / Non - Profit
 Event
 Adult Themed
 Role Playing Game

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Therese Tammas said:

I believe the BBB from Bellisseria also allowed Mainland or other spots- I think I've seen some spots in there- but I could be wrong....still this is a great enrichment and the more passport games the merrier!!!

Okay - Update: the BBB only offers passports to those who have a Bellisseria home- so this is definitely needed, a universal SL game for ALL of SL residents! =D

The BBB does allow mainland locations, as long as they're not commercial. But this one looks interesting as well, going to look into it soon :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Claire Atheria said:

The BBB does allow mainland locations, as long as they're not commercial. But this one looks interesting as well, going to look into it soon :)

Yes! But no one else who are not Bellisseria residents, and might only own mainland,  rent mainland, rent private, or just have private regions can't get the Passport HUDs as I understand? But yes isn't this wonderful? =D 

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 3

The huds seem to work very well. I made my own logo from their template and am all set up.  I couldn't actually find any INSTRUCTIONS for setting up the kiosks but since I had been in lots of RFL events I figured it out pretty easily. Might be good to add some instructions about what to leave in and what to take out of the kiosks though -- for newish folks. 

Looking forward to some adventuring. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The huds seem to work very well. I made my own logo from their template and am all set up.  I couldn't actually find any INSTRUCTIONS for setting up the kiosks but since I had been in lots of RFL events I figured it out pretty easily. Might be good to add some instructions about what to leave in and what to take out of the kiosks though -- for newish folks. 

Looking forward to some adventuring. 

oooh @Feorie Frimon 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suh Oh said:

How does that work with the HUD? Unfortunately, I don't understand everything in English 😞

I think you:

1. wear the HUD.

2. There should be a seperate, website or at least a list published at the Operation Mainland Headquarters, with locations that have the kiosks.

3. You go to the location, find the kiosk, and while wearing the HUD, register that you were there, in exchange for having a "stamp" appear on your HUD. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Therese Tammas said:

I think you:

1. wear the HUD.

2. There should be a seperate, website or at least a list published at the Operation Mainland Headquarters, with locations that have the kiosks.

3. You go to the location, find the kiosk, and while wearing the HUD, register that you were there, in exchange for having a "stamp" appear on your HUD. 

Many Thanks @Therese Tammas .... Unfortunately I can only find 2 locations, hence my questionich

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.