best avatar skin for male

gez12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Did you get

1 minute ago, gez12 said:

Snapshot_006.png

Did you get a body skin to go with the head or are you using the default skins in the head and body?   The head you decided to get is not widely supported as far as skin choices are concerned.  Gaeline Evan head and which body?    

1 hour ago, gez12 said:

my head is evan bento 

So I assume that's the Gaeline head which it does look like.

@gez12You'll probably have the best luck looking for BOM full skins since there are very few skin appliers made specifically for that head.  Here's a list,(older but valid) of men's stores.  Look for one that say FULL head and body BOM.  That should eliminate the seam.  As most aren't made specifically for that head, you may need to adjust your head shape a bit to achieve a desired look.

The *SK*[BoM]*IN* Project™: MALE BOM SKINS (bom-skin.blogspot.com)

You bought a head that came out in 2017, and I assume you liked it so much that you did not want to have another look.

You have to buy a body skin from GA.EG to wear with the head, so head and body will match. Make sure you try demos first, so you get the best match. Since the head is so old, it may not be updated with the new neck fix.

You will find it in GA.EG Mainstore. From their webpage:

"We provide several Body Skins compatible with our Bento Mesh Heads and Heads Skins to have the best match between your head and your body.

These Body Skins are available for different mesh bodies and in different packages :

• Signature,

• Maitreya,

• Omega,

• BOM... "
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gez12 said:

ok goin to wear aesthetic for now until few days then may get a full one are they the newer type though rowan i dunno

That one is even worse.  I'm going to stop giving advice now after saying...the Jake body is fine now go get a Lelutka head.

I don't think some people understand its harder for people to understand the upgrades to baked on mesh bodies I used Aesthetic for a couple of years because it was easier to put together the layers upon layers can be complicated that is how Second life is in general. Even for me it was hard to put my male body together until I gave up even with this new update to lelutka I have had a lot of problems because the skin tones I bought for the head are useless and won't work hence why I went with Gianni head doesn't matter its not perfect 100% to others I like it just the way it is just do whatever pleases yourself when getting an avatar. 

1 hour ago, xxVi3perxx said:

I don't think some people understand its harder for people to understand the upgrades to baked on mesh bodies I used Aesthetic for a couple of years because it was easier to put together the layers upon layers can be complicated that is how Second life is in general. Even for me it was hard to put my male body together until I gave up even with this new update to lelutka I have had a lot of problems because the skin tones I bought for the head are useless and won't work hence why I went with Gianni head doesn't matter its not perfect 100% to others I like it just the way it is just do whatever pleases yourself when getting an avatar. 

The problem is, if you buy a head skin that is just a tattoo layer, you'll need the corresponding body skin from the same store.  Trying to match a purchased head skin to a default body skin is difficult for most people.

2 minutes ago, gez12 said:

i think them lelukta works with gianni i think

It works perfectly with Gianni, Legacy, and Jake (as long as you have the new v3.0 update to Jake, which - assuming you picked it up in the past week - you have). Jake's latest update has given it the 'Universal Neck' that Lelutka Evo/Evo X heads have. The fit should be seamless, even in the unflattering default midday setting. If you're seeing a seam then you either have the neck fix enabled on Jake (it's not needed) or you're not wearing matching head and body skins.

Same skintone for both head and body, from the same skin creator. If you're using either Stray Dog or Vendetta BoM skins, make sure you add the body skin (or tattoo layer) second, after the head layer, and make sure you have no other head or body tattoo layers on from other creators. Both Stray Dog and Vendetta blend their body skins up over the neck section of the head layers.

• Thanks 1

Trying to match skins in light levels that low is going to lead to bad results. There's no way you can check for a good skintone match when it's practically night time.

Go into your Inventory > Library > Environments > Skies > Annan. Find the EEP setting called Annan Adored Optimal Skin (no shadows), then right click it and select 'Apply only to myself' from the menu. That will change your lighting (until you log out) so you can see your avatar more clearly.

i keep messing up bought body sjhapes from vendetta trying with connor head dont work dunno what shape is needed for connor head can it be any named shape in the vendetta store or does it have to be a certain one i have belleza jake body

Edited by gez12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.