best avatar skin for male

gez12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, gez12 said:

i keep messing up bought body sjhapes from vendetta trying with connor head dont work dunno what shape is needed for connor head can it be any named shape in the vendetta store or does it have to be a certain one i have belleza jake body

The shape needs to be for the head that you have, not the body. If you've purchased Lelutka 'Connor' head then look for shapes made for Connor. Vendetta usually includes shapes for at least one or two different heads with his skins. His Flickr is here, and he puts in the description below the images which head shapes are included with those skins.

I would repeat the mantra that we always give here: ALWAYS DEMO. However, most male shape stores no longer offer demo shapes, but if they do, then always pick up the demo. It will usually have either huge hands and/or feet, or extremely skinny arms and/or legs, since the main focus of the shape is the face. Those 'deformations' are to prevent people from just wearing the free demo shape instead of paying for the full priced one.

that above looks classic avatar coming out cant match alpha layers when i add head alpha layer on belleza body mesh and try add lelkuta connor head to that alpha dont seem to work hmm so what alpha do i use then on the body mesh and on head 

This is interesting to me... came across a male head mod from an adult MP store that modifies the free female Genus Strong head. Looks really nice! I'm using a Blackburns Roth skin from Vlad's pack that I've had for a while, and the L$1 TMP Legacy body. Still need to tweak some stuff (like the neck not 100% matching the head and body skin), but this is freakin' awesome for just under L$200. I'd recommend it for anyone that can't afford a Lelutka ATM.

Not me of course, this is one of my male alts. :)

Here's the mod from the MP. Read the notecard to get it together with little initial fuss: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NEW-MALE-shape-for-the-free-FEMALE-Genus-Head-Strong-Face-GIFT001style-card/20289473

PengallenBridge-PussycatCatnapPC-DariaMontero-1156pm-09112021_006.png

Edited by JeromFranzic

@gez12  Let's start over and rebuild you from the ground up. We'll do an avatar with BoM (Bakes on Mesh).

1. Take off everything: mesh head & body, clothes, AO, alpha layers, tattoo layers, hair, etc. until you're stripped down to the system avatar. (For more in-depth explanation of system avatar, see this link.) You should be left wearing 4 things: eyes, hair/hairbase, skin, shape. These four kinds of body parts you can't remove, but you can change them by choosing another part to wear.

2. Pick a BoM skin to wear. It may be a single full skin worn by itself or a body skin with the untextured head that you'll need to wear together with a head skin which comes in a tattoo layer. For the type that requires the skin + tattoo layer combo, these 2 parts has to be from the same store and in same skin tone to get the best matching result.

3. Put on your Lelutka head, Letlutka eyes, Lelutka teeth, and the shape that came with the head package.  If you see parts of your system body poking through, put on head HUD. You'll need to find 2 BoM buttons. First BoM button is under the face tab. Click the BoM button until you don't see the system head anymore:

image.png.90eadbd3b884af8ae7dce529ed4256d0.png

Clicking on the BoM button allows you to switch between BoM and applier modes. (Appliers are a different method of putting on skin. It's old tech. We can deal with this later.)  Now, let's take care of the eyes. Go to the eye tab and click the BoM button.

image.png.e3029d041b66260c98398fa04f1cac2e.png

Detach the HUD.

4. Put on the Belleza Jake body and its HUD. Go to the Skin tab, click on BoM button and you should not see your system body poking through anymore. Detach the HUD.

image.png.1f0015b9b92ea0ad1f2ccaf476e95ed1.png

5. Now you can fine tune your look by adjusting your shape slider, going back to the head and body HUDs to experiment with gloss & shine, eyelash styles, nail color, adding more tattoo layers for facial hair, freckles, and etc., etc.

6. Don't forget to put on some clothes so you don't get arrested for indecent exposure. ;)

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.