I am hearing and seeing a few merchants converting thier Gacha machines to something called A ...................................

MariahMaximilliana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The BUMPEE machine selects at random an item...then it displays the item and price (price depends on rarity)...after a few seconds the price increases by little amounts every few seconds...if you pay the machine it gives 15 seconds for others to bid on the item by paying more...the top bidder gets the item
it refunds the previous bidder when a higher bid is received
it displays the updated current price and item at all times

So basically an auction. SO glad I won't be playing this.  I see so many problems with this.

• Like 4

According to NWN blog there are various versions with various ways of doing things but similarly to this one mention. This sounds worse than the ones described in his recent post.  The connectivity is that the buyer GETS TO SEE what they are buying == LL's criteria. 

You know what it does for ME?  I makes me dislike the creator immensely. Greed Greed Greed.  Just put a PRICE ON THE ITEM AND SELL IT!!!!!!   Or not. This is all way to psychologically  manipulative for moi.

Won't be playing.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

According to NWN blog there are various versions with various ways of doing things but similarly to this one mention. This sounds worse than the ones described in his recent post.  The connectivity is that the buyer GETS TO SEE what they are buying == LL's criteria. 

You know what it does for ME?  I makes me dislike the creator immensely. Greed Greed Greed.  Just put a PRICE ON THE ITEM AND SELL IT!!!!!!   Or not. This is all way to psychologically  manipulative for moi.

Won't be playing.   

You took the words right out of my mouth.

72528125_Youtookthewordsrightoutofmymouth.jpg.f90d188da2cd04df5fd6e6738d55a34a.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Won't be playing.   

I would not go to NWN for news. I would go inworld and see the facts on the ground. 

Good thing not everyone goes by your shopping requirements or we wouldn't have an economy.

NWN failed to mention that there are at least two vendors replacing gatchas you can see at Shiny Shabby, for example. And likely more.

With one, called "conveyor belt", a random item is put up, but it is not blind, it is in the window to see at that time. You can buy it for 50L -- or not. Then you wait for the next random thing and buy that -- or not. While random, it is not blind, so it is compliant. The Lindens can't make random sales illegal because then no one could change what they offer in their stores from one day to the next or even one hour to the next, if they are that attentive to buying patterns, hours, seasons, etc.

It's like the sushi conveyor belts we used to have in NYC years ago. So you wait for the rare, and buy the rare, if willing to wait, short or long.  Best of all, the items are on TRANSFER. So that continues to supply to the secondary sales economy which is vital for SL.

think it's perfectly fine. While you are waiting you might cam around and buy other things. I think if the waiting behaviour replicates widely, organizers will either have to have more cam sims or start booting people they feel have waited "too long". Or they won't allow these types of vendors. Let's see what comes first. Whereupon they will go elsewhere and avatars will follow them there, away from events. Many people will be content to buy a few things -- when you buy a conveyor item, you hasten the appearance of the next item.

The other I call "key vendor" because it has a gatcha-like key, but just like a yard sale using keys as vendors, you can click on a given picture of an item and buy just that item. There are different prices, as if a gatcha, like a "commons" will be 75  but now they are free to put "rares" at 250 which is what they might go down to on the MP some months after the event. These do not transfer.

I wish these merchants would put some items on transfer but they don't wish to, which is their right. They may convert after they see their sales slump. At least you can now buy just one thing instead of an entire set "fatpack".  Yes, you could pretty much always do that with fatpacks. Except now, everyone will convert to fatpacks without their old sets in a gatcha. Of course, as always, the fatpacks often have 1-3 things in them that you CANNOT get as individual items, thereby compelling you to buy it. I see the fatpack on one "key vendor" to be $1700. I find that steep. Gatcha fatpacks ranged from $1200 to $2500 to $5000 coming soon now (Contraption). I wouldn't want to spend $1200 and even that rarely. 

Many people have this illusion that they represent all shoppers and if they spend $3000 or $1500 on a fatpack, why, everyone will. Well, guess what, they don't. Go and watch "What people are buying" on the MP for an hour or sample it every day. Most sales are between $250-$500. Most people do not have the $2000 or $5000 you imagine. If you imagine, why, it's one person buying a series of things for $250, well look again, and realize one person isn't buying all those diverse things at once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.