Wishlist Parcels...

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This thread is bad idea jeans.  If you limit it to parcels that are currently owned, then fine, but showing ones that haven't been released is only going to make them harder to get.  I normally wouldn't care, but since you've posted one of my coveted parcels, this now impacts me directly...not that I would get it on initial release anyway.  

11 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

This thread is bad idea jeans.  If you limit it to parcels that are currently owned, then fine, but showing ones that haven't been released is only going to make them harder to get.  I normally wouldn't care, but since you've posted one of my coveted parcels, this now impacts me directly...not that I would get it on initial release anyway.  

I am aware of this but I thought perhaps now there are tons more regions available and many parcels to choose from coming up, that it would not really affect things much - anyone staking stuff out is aware of these places I am sure and at the end of the day whoever gets it, gets it. I am not after any of them though personally so I appreciate how you may feel about that. For me I like to highlight parcels when exploring we used to do this in the original When Did You Last See.... thread and people enjoyed looking at the parcels, putting forward what they liked / disliked or wanted to see more of - just trying to spread the love - your points considered!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

While I appreciate that it can be hard seeing a dream parcel you wanted highlighted on this thread - & one of mine was pictured as well - I really love this idea. There are so many wonderful spots in Bellisseria & I’m still constantly surprised when someone posts a spot I haven’t seen before. We can all dream of getting that perfect house & it’s amazing to see the differences in people’s dreams.

• Like 4

Bottom line I suppose is that we don't want to upset anyone further - I have no attachments to specific parcels plenty more in the sea is my motto but I do realise people long for one dream parcel. However, these parcels I have posted they are no secret and they are being watched regardless of being posted here,  by quite a few people. Happy to stop if it causes discomfort 

• Like 4

As far as I know there is no way that anyone can swoop in and claim a Linden Home preferentially, so, showcasing what is liked best about the homes and surroundings can only serve to show those artists creating these scenes what is most appreciated!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ardy Lay said:

As far as I know there is no way that anyone can swoop in and claim a Linden Home preferentially, so, showcasing what is liked best about the homes and surroundings can only serve to show those artists creating these scenes what is most appreciated!

Technically this is true, but as discussed on many other threads, there are certainly ways to increase the odds.   I don't think anyone wants to see this thread devolve into another discussion about it, so I'll leave it at that.  That said, people who do stack the deck are already well aware of the nicer locations, as Chloe noted, so mentioning them isn't likely to have much impact other than some of the more casual GOHers may start staking out places of which they may not have been aware.  

I feel my playful tone isn't being conveyed, so I will abandon ship and let you lovely people get back to highlighting the places you want.  Sorry if I ruined the party.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying this thread so far.  For one thing, it highlights that there are still GORGEOUS parcels in earlier themes that haven't been released.  So, newer GOH players, sharpen your skillz!

I haven't had time to tour around or hop like I used to, and I had totally forgotten about that lovely corner of Logland in your first post, Chloe!  And now it's so close to Fantasseria!   I'm not much of a threat to GOH players nowadays, lol, so unless life changes dramatically I won't be throwing my hat in the ring for any of these.

(probably >.>).

And I had NO IDEA there was a stilt with a view of windmills, but of course, so cool!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I feel my playful tone isn't being conveyed

I didn't get the playful tone!!!  but as long as everyone is good then perhaps we will avoid this thread derailing I hope so, back in the day there was a certain area everyone was staking out, it was very popular we were all upfront about wanting parcels there and well, it went wrong for pretty much most of the people who were really wanting it. When I put a parcel up I know I like what a lot of others like such as coastal etc but I am sure there are some less popular ones up my sleeve as well...!!

• Like 4

I’ve rarely staked out new territory. I always run at least five minutes late to the party. Most of the time, I’m grateful that I stumble over beautiful abandons. Most recently I flipped a coveted houseboat from an alt to my main account. I had always been too  afraid of losing the parcel in attempting a transfer. And @Matthieu QuanderI didn’t read your tone as joking. Apparently you have a dry sense of humor (which I tend to love). But for clarification put some smilies in the next time so your joke doesn’t go over my head. 😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I’ve rarely staked out new territory. I always run at least five minutes late to the party. Most of the time, I’m grateful that I stumble over beautiful abandons. Most recently I flipped a coveted houseboat from an alt to my main account. I had always been too  afraid of losing the parcel in attempting a transfer. And @Matthieu QuanderI didn’t read your tone as joking. Apparently you have a dry sense of humor (which I tend to love). But for clarification put some smilies in the next time so your joke doesn’t go over my head. 😉

Martinis are dry.  My sense of humor is parched, Saharan even.  I don't do smilies.  It keeps people guessing, and often gets me into hot water, but such is the life of an inadvertent troublemaker. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

This one.  Doesn't look like much, does it?  Tho, really, it has water on 3 sides.  There are cuter parcels, even nearby to this.

Sweet_001.jpg.da3dd39095a0aab0b2c81421a074be1f.jpg

For a curious explorer, tho, this little place is ideal, because it is located at the far end of the ONLY river going from the big central river to the eastern edge of the Chalets.  There will clearly be more chalet regions added to the region edge here, roads go right up to it.  As does the river, which is the waterway with the bridge, behind this home.  The curious explorer may not have to wait TOO long to find out what will be built next door, because the isolated region which in this pic shows as "loading ..."  was relatively recently removed.

1928668656_SweetCharlotte.thumb.JPG.9df9b7e96c286f82e97ac6cdca8b9d23.JPG

Actually, the view from this parcel going in the other direction isn't bad either.  If anyone gets this parcel (they are all "Linden Homes" in this region) and doesn't want it, let me know!!

Sweet_002.jpg.b8a72a60087000cdd87e994be7f5bae9.jpg

/me gives Flycan a treat.

• Like 6

Oh, I forgot the SLURL!  It is:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sweet Clarabelle/203/220/23

The chalets lend themselves well to becoming pubs.  Were I so lucky as to eventually land this parcel, I'm getting enthused about setting it up as a "Curious Explorer" pub, with teleports to interesting Belli departure points scattered here & there throughout the decor. 

Perhaps a friendly mole would rez a Magellan bust there!  I don't see one on the marketplace 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.