How Does Your SL Look Today?

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I wish it could have gone on for hours, but another Autumn Equinox event will be happening soon (2pm) on the Satori sim, by the WestWytch girls!

https://gyazo.com/e29d81ec236c245b62340bc1c4c3a064

Lovely, thank you!  Was that today?  Almost does not look like enough people; I saw 38 there are one point.  The music was superb and my legs are tired from dancing.  Tiggie is asleep and refuses to dance any more today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:
11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I wish it could have gone on for hours, but another Autumn Equinox event will be happening soon (2pm) on the Satori sim, by the WestWytch girls!

https://gyazo.com/e29d81ec236c245b62340bc1c4c3a064

Lovely, thank you!  Was that today?  Almost does not look like enough people; I saw 38 there are one point.  The music was superb and my legs are tired from dancing.  Tiggie is asleep and refuses to dance any more today.

haha Leora, I went to another group dance thingie after that one and yeah need to soak these feet, and you have not missed the WestWytch's Autumn Equinox with the 3 actual Wiccan Priestesses.  Takes place in a bit over an hour...2pm SL time.

oh, you meant was that gyazo from today. Twas. Not sure if it was taken at 'peak people' though.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Bagnu  Are you wearing the same outfit two days in a row?   frowns****   

<<<< is joke

If one actually cared about such things (which mostly I don't), I'd say that this is one of the best acid tests to set apart the boys from the girls.

I have men friends who almost literally never change their clothes. I guess they are passing the "sniff" test?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

In RL there is a need to change clothes. In SL not so much.
An outfit that one puts back in inventory isn't magically dry cleaned or something.
If you don't use scripted stuff, clothes never get dirty or start to smell.

I'm just no fashionista.
So I confess: In SL there are periods of days/weeks that I wear the same outfit.
But there are also days that I change multiple times. It all depends on the situation.
Besides there is nobody in SL around me, who even cares for 2 cents worth what I wear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

In RL there is a need to change clothes. In SL not so much.
An outfit that one puts back in inventory isn't magically dry cleaned or something.
If you don't use scripted stuff, clothes never get dirty or start to smell.

I'm just no fashionista.
So I confess: In SL there are periods of days/weeks that I wear the same outfit.
But there are also days that I change multiple times. It all depends on the situation.
Besides there is nobody in SL around me, who even cares for 2 cents worth what I wear.

Oh, I mean, of course. I honestly couldn't care less.

I do think it is a gendered difference though, for all sorts of reasons. And there are plenty of exceptions: I know some men who are real clothes horses.

It's reflected in the sheer quantity, quality, and variety of clothing available for women. And I'm as bad as anyone: I'll often wear two or three different outfits in a day.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I'm not "feral", yes! (See: And/All of my pics previously posted.)

Right now:

TaiChi 20230924 cropped.png

I thought so, and I've seen some of your pics before, but i couldn't remember for sure.

I'm certain that different rules apply to furries anyway. Although I've known one ot two fashionistas in that crowd too.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If one actually cared about such things (which mostly I don't), I'd say that this is one of the best acid tests to set apart the boys from the girls.

I have men friends who almost literally never change their clothes. I guess they are passing the "sniff" test?

I haven't changed my clothes in about 6 months. But I used to change them every day. 

• Like 4

Randomly searching for regions through various keywords, I tried "Warcraft" and came across a really stunning one.  I was hoping for a recreation of some zones of world of warcraft, but this was still really amazing and I am glad I stumbled across it.

Snapshot_152.thumb.jpg.244bacb47fcf5985a9d3e96ee54b4b20.jpg

At the entry way, I am already impressed.  I was not expecting this, there are animesh characters placed here and there.  In front of me is an NPC beckoning me forward.

Snapshot_156.thumb.jpg.0dd9449ca590a46f5f5abcdda5b98c19.jpg

A nice little bar, with another animesh NPC dancing outside.

Snapshot_159.thumb.jpg.a783e450a4ac269146cc6b7525472627.jpg

Enjoying the boat on a spectacular looking river.

The region looks as though it just opened recently, it is still under construction but the person putting it together really knows her stuff.  There was a ton of interesting spots, and even an arcade in one area.   I did not stick around for very long, but enjoyed the time I did spend there.  I think my next search will be for everquest, who knows, perhaps there will be a recreation of one of the zones for that game.  I'm kind of going through a nostalgia trip right now, searching for various games, I wonder if there are any regions designed after the original Morrowind?  

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

priveledge.jpg

Hilarious.

Sad fact: I go dancing weekly at the same places, on Friday and Sunday nights. And I do make efforts not to wear the same outfit twice to either. So . . . I buy a lot of dresses.

But that's not the fault of either the men or women in attendance. That's on me. And arguably it is at least in part because of the influence of the fashion industry, advertising, popular media and culture, etc. I am self-aware enough to recognize it, but don't care enough to buck it.

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hilarious.

Sad fact: I go dancing weekly at the same places, on Friday and Sunday nights. And I do make efforts not to wear the same outfit twice to either. So . . . I buy a lot of dresses.

But that's not the fault of either the men or women in attendance. That's on me. And arguably it is at least in part because of the influence of the fashion industry, advertising, popular media and culture, etc. I am self-aware enough to recognize it, but don't care enough to buck it.

Idea:

- Buy underwear with the "day of the week" printed on it, visible so any person camming can read it.

- Always wear the wrong "day of the week".

• Haha 4