How Does Your SL Look Today?

Well, okay then.  I guess I should put the 3 that I chose up, too. We discussed how much time we each spend on pictures. I can spend an hour inworld on lighting, EEPs, angles, DoF, and filters until I am happy with just 1 shot. Then I spend 5 minutes in post production on my laptop cropping and occasionally hitting "auto adjust."  When I am not inworld, I can't be bothered with it all.

You take... I don't know how many pictures. 100? I know you now change EEPs and things inworld, too. Then you spend hours and hours in post production out of world with photo editing software and fun special effects that I will never get in my pics.  We have completely different styles of taking pics of the same things. I love seeing the differences.

And now we know:

I can get 5 accounts inworld at the same time on one laptop.  I had to lower graphics on all accounts except the one taking pics.  None of my accounts crashed, but after a couple hours, I couldn't use menus or right click anything and relogged the one taking pics to fix it.  (Firestorm PBR alpha)

You got 3 in, but the 4th crashed, then the others went down one by one.  You kept 3 in for quite a while for the pics, though.

image.thumb.jpeg.79668a26a32541c198f68e0b19f032aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.447cde06163228e158074f95c87465da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68d7fb543db6cb7b6f8242fe032aa3fd.jpeg

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Well, okay then.  I guess I should put the 3 that I chose up, too. We discussed how much time we each spend on pictures. I can spend an hour inworld on lighting, EEPs, angles, DoF, and filters until I am happy with just 1 shot. Then I spend 5 minutes in post production on my laptop cropping and occasionally hitting "auto adjust."  When I am not inworld, I can't be bothered with it all.

You take... I don't know how many pictures. 100? I know you now change EEPs and things inworld, too. Then you spend hours and hours in post production out of world with photo editing software and fun special effects that I will never get in my pics.  We have completely different styles of taking pics of the same things. I love seeing the differences.

And now we know:

I can get 5 accounts inworld at the same time on one laptop.  I had to lower graphics on all accounts except the one taking pics.  None of my accounts crashed, but after a couple hours, I couldn't use menus or right click anything and relogged the one taking pics to fix it.  (Firestorm PBR alpha)

You got 3 in, but the 4th crashed, then the others went down one by one.  You kept 3 in for quite a while for the pics, though.

image.thumb.jpeg.79668a26a32541c198f68e0b19f032aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.447cde06163228e158074f95c87465da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68d7fb543db6cb7b6f8242fe032aa3fd.jpeg

Great pics!!!

You don't need to spend time in post, because you do it all inworld. I am used to post production from long before the internet existed. I learned to create effects on super 8 film (when i was about 15) by placing a piece of tape over the spindle of the cartridge and running the movie camera. Then after a few seconds of filming, removing the cartridge and rewinding it in a dark bag. Then putting it back in the movie camera and adding single frame animation effects by superimposing. It could take me four hours to create one second of footage (at 18 and 24 FPS) in post. Or is that considered "Pre-post"?  I DID use an actual physical enlarger for printing photos too. I had to adjust colours for exposing with the dials. It was a horrendous pain to spend 4 or five hours printing multiple  8x10's of the same pic to get exactly the right look I wanted.  Running the photopaper through drums and working with the chemicals, and waiting through each step was NOT fun. But somehow, it WAS fun!!!

I just checked. it was 149 pics when we were together with our alts. Then I quickly scanned through them, and grabbed the ones I liked. That took me all of 5 mins. I am used to candid photography in RL as well. Everything is done in post to fix things that spontaneous pics can't offer. But you know all of this this about me already. 

I am going to have to check why i could only get 3 in without crashing. Your internet is much faster than mine, but my PC is much faster than yours. It could be my settings as well.

Either way, it's great fun taking pics and doing stuff with you, and seeing what we come up with!!!

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 3

Just now, Clem Marques said:

If you haven't visited it yet, you should. It's a good adventure.

It is a fabulous adventure!  I became quite addicted at trying to touch the Prim of Life.  34 times I 'died' and was transported Home, given a landmark to go back and try again.  I finally did it, but by accident... I was trapped in a tight spot and cammed around to see if there was something on the other side of the wall I was trapped against and while doing so, my avi fell into or inside a cave wall and just as I was about to click Esc key to return my camera to default I saw the Prim of Life!  I cammed in closer and mouse clicked it and got the PRIZE, which I was thrilled to get and every time I see it in my Inventory  I'm impressed but also a bit guilty because I didn't actually complete the adventure as intended to get that precious PRIZE ♥♥

• Like 5