How Does Your SL Look Today?

Checking out WelcomeHub this evening.

6 new users,  none moving.

One is a bot stuck in a fountain.

One has no hair but two heads worn simultaneously.

One is stuck in pink cloud state.

One has the classic woman with floppy hat and small dog in large bag avatar, and is having clothing problems.

One bought a box with some adult parts, but they're wearing the box, not the parts.

One got on the Teegle demo horse but couldn't make it go.

No mentors present.

Onboarding still needs work.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, animats said:

Checking out WelcomeHub this evening.

6 new users,  none moving.

One is a bot stuck in a fountain.

One has no hair but two heads worn simultaneously.

One is stuck in pink cloud state.

One has the classic woman with floppy hat and small dog in large bag avatar, and is having clothing problems.

One bought a box with some adult parts, but they're wearing the box, not the parts.

One got on the Teegle demo horse but couldn't make it go.

No mentors present.

Onboarding still needs work.

Yep.  It's a ghost town half the time . The other 25% is bots and Spanish speaking noobs . Idk why . And the last 25% is 1-2 mentors standing around , having a conversation with a few oldies who also like to help while not a single noob even appears , just bot swarms .

Maybe if they would stop redirecting traffic to the ai island full of bots , welcome hub might not be dead and mentors wouldn't be discouraged from standing around alone .lol

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was watching TV, then decided to take a ride so I looked for a GTFO hub to rez my vehicle, when I came across a bunch of Goombas.  Out of curiosity I jumped on one and this happened.

Snapshot_309.thumb.png.0618316a8df21921fdf6629aac4fbfc6.png

🤣

They are at:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Granada/209/83/80

I'm going to run one over to see what happens.

splat.thumb.jpg.88a44cbe9bd738ff02b5f48149a598a9.jpg

Lol, okay.. I kind of feel bad now.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Good sir , I must inquire about these fine steel equine. Where dat store in which they are sold  ? Do they require 4.000 LOD  to see ? And can they drive over a penny without being derailed ?

There are many fine builders of motorcycles in SL. They only require a 2.0 LOD, and many ride like a dream. Most have a "sled" or "canoe" on the bottom to allow for smooth riding without sticking or sinking into the track. Fine builders include Moto by Mario Sangria, Turlaccor/Vix Motors, Deezul Motors, Badger Motors, Crossing Sands, JFC, ARTY Creations, and many more. If you would like LM's to these stores or want just two of my fav builders' LM's contact me inworld. I will send them to you. 

My suggestion for buying a bike you love is 1. Ride the demo first, 2. Make sure the bike is "modify" so you can add new sleds/canoes, and the blue menu on controls works properly, and 3. practice, practice, practice!

There are nearly two hundred (200) amazing tracks to ride in sl, and some go up to 4,000 meters (or about 1 hour of ride time). All the tracks are different with different themes and decor. 

Also, many of Lindens' roads are driveable with rez zones clearly marked. That's a fun choice, as well. 

Edited by Angelor Galanter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anastasia Loxingly said:

While out exploring mainland I happened upon a familiar city...Snapshot_338.thumb.jpg.ee794fa8412fe3ff691acc0c43f550f6.jpg

Ugh don't summon the z word. But yeah , alduin back there , ready to get dragon rend'd. Also lol at Todd Howard 

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I was watching TV, then decided to take a ride so I looked for a GTFO hub to rez my vehicle, when I came across a bunch of Goombas.  Out of curiosity I jumped on one and this happened.

Snapshot_309.thumb.png.0618316a8df21921fdf6629aac4fbfc6.png

I was going to say they look like "Roombas", but then I realized "Goombas".."Roombas"..

The idea of a semi-sentient, angry-looking Roomba is a little terrifying.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

Went to the beach.

float cuddle one

. . . and was viciously attacked and mugged!

It's a sad statement on our society today that one can't even go to the beach these days without being set upon by young, scantily clad punks.

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

. . . and was viciously attacked and mugged!

It's a sad statement on our society today that one can't even go to the beach these days without being set upon by young, scantily clad punks.

And then she started talking to me about wedding dresses.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Then I BBQ'ed a baby a la Sims2.

image.png.b3fc8ea349537845827dbd7124675777.png

I must be honest. I DO find this HIGHLY disturbing. I AM being serious. Not much disturbs me. In SL I have been involved in things some here on the forums would vomit from. Extreme things.  But...You have succeeded in nauseating me with this one. I can't even look at your pic a second time. The concept of it disgusts me to the core. 

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SandorWren said:

I must be honest. I DO find this HIGHLY disturbing. I AM being serious. Not much disturbs me. In SL I have been involved in things some here on the forums would vomit from. Extreme things.  But...You have succeeded in nauseating me with this one. I can't even look at your pic a second time. The concept of it disgusts me to the core. 

I agree, I mean look at the flames, that kid is going to be chargrilled on the outside and raw on the inside.

If you're going to do it, do it right - wait for the coals to die down before slapping it on the BBQ.

Or is it that this image degrades and objectifies an inanimate digital artifact rather than a real person that upsets you?

It's difficult to judge where the line for morally outraged virtue signalling is drawn these days :) 

Edited by JacksonBollock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Those who find the representation of a burning baby funny, can't you just accept that some find it sickening without deriding them?  I wouldn't like it in any case but I also have in mind the reality of not so long ago (and you're going to have to ask privately about that if you can't guess it).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Those who find the representation of a burning baby funny, can't you just accept that some find it sickening without deriding them?  I wouldn't like it in any case but I also have in mind the reality of not so long ago (and you're going to have to ask privately about that if you can't guess it).

Hey, I find lots of things sickening - blatant hypocrisy being one - along with images posted in general forums of sticky stuff sprayed in unrealistic volumes across latex, but you don't hear me complaining.

Oh wait.... :) 

Edited by JacksonBollock
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Those who find the representation of a burning baby funny, can't you just accept that some find it sickening without deriding them? 

I don't think any of us has, or have the intention to do so.  Obviously it bothers you and some others, so I and the others who had left a laugh emoji (so far) have let it be.

We just have interpreted the picture differently, that is all.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I don't think any of us has, or have the intention to do so.  Obviously it bothers you and some others, so I and the others who had left a laugh emoji (so far) have let it be.

Speak for yourself :) 

I might (and am perfectly within my rights) to find a very bad "representation" of a baby on a BBQ amusing.

I might also be amused at people who cling to the old adage "no one has the right not to be offended"  but only up to the point that they themselves feel offended.

I might also find amusing that in 2024 the epithet of "b*stard" may be applied to an infant, along with everything it societally implies, and goes unmentioned and without offence.

• Like 2

Oh, didn't know the story of Demophon would be on today. We have multiple Metinaras? How dramatic!

Will Ingrid turn out to be Demeter or the Wicket Witch of the Gingerbread House?!

I'm going to need popcorn. Or maybe smoars. Is the grill free yet?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Oh, didn't know the story of Demophon would be on today. We have multiple Metinaras? How dramatic!

Will Ingrid turn out to be Demeter or the Wicket Witch of the Gingerbread House?!

I'm going to need popcorn. Or maybe smoars. Is the grill free yet?

I don't know, I was thinking more a Procne and Tereus type thing.

Does Ingrid have a sister? If she does, maybe she'd be better with the BBQ.

Don't tell me, we can't find Greek Mythology funny either??

Spoil sports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

I was referring to a particular dismissal but attempting not to be too particular.  I haven't said that no-one can find something funny, I just didn't think it called-for to dismiss someone else for not doing so.  And now we're getting rather wordy and departing from the topic. :/ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:
2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Those who find the representation of a burning baby funny, can't you just accept that some find it sickening without deriding them? 

I think it would be a good PETA campaign.  People cook animal babies and EAT them.

• Like 2