How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Not sure if Tia Rungray was performing when I took this test shot with the latest Alchemy viewer beta... at least it looks as if I can let my PC display more than 65 avatars in less complex looking venues.

Fountainhead_DiviniaComedia_TiaRungray_Alchemy7172481-JF-11May2024_001jpg.jpg

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

Not sure if Tia Rungray was performing when I took this test shot with the latest Alchemy viewer beta... at least it looks as if I can let my PC display more than 65 avatars in less complex looking venues.

Finally gave the Alchemy Viewer a try the other day and haven't looked back. It's perfect for a photo nutjob like me and plays much nicer with my usual shader shenanigans.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

Finally gave the Alchemy Viewer a try the other day and haven't looked back. It's perfect for a photo nutjob like me and plays much nicer with my usual shader shenanigans.

I'm happy to see another viewer that rivals Black Dragon lol (sorry, Niran). I rarely run BD under Wine in Linux anymore. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The 'Luna joined a dance company' saga......Where am I supposed to go???   Need more coffeeee!

3687f4bbdb79653fbc1b666641afd890.gif

Ok, I'm getting the hang of it...c7659e205b85e04be2343b9737e512c2.gif

Wow, is it possible to explain what you are all doing in less than a book?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Wow, is it possible to explain what you are all doing in less than a book?

LOL I don't fully understand it yet. But there are 12 dances in this theater presentation, and each dance has a leader who choreographed the dance. In the photo she is checking that the dancers clicked something that put us on her HUD. Then we go off to a platform and grab the right position (hopefully) to be whisked on stage by her at the right time.

• Like 6

Thinking of ways to improve my yard without breaking my Li bank 🙃

Snapshot_315.thumb.jpg.b2ce0140a610f4142a05cccae7b1394f.jpg

I just bought this cute tree with swinging bench, it is advertised as 3li, but it seems to only take up 1.  I love it 🥰 No more spending linden this week for me though.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL I don't fully understand it yet. But there are 12 dances in this theater presentation, and each dance has a leader who choreographed the dance. In the photo she is checking that the dancers clicked something that put us on her HUD. Then we go off to a platform and grab the right position (hopefully) to be whisked on stage by her at the right time.

Can't wait to see it!

• Like 3

I rented a hotel room :D

Snapshot_314.thumb.jpg.86f824de98a024516028293b618e41b2.jpg

The local residents are nice, I think perhaps expired, but nice.

Snapshot_320.thumb.jpg.bc127f01555f47fba619eeb9657643d5.jpg

Mah room!

Snapshot_321.thumb.jpg.caa9c18b3538b6f880846321ed3708f1.jpg

A little bit of abracadabraing, and viola!  I even have a piano, but you can't see it past the wall

Snapshot_318.thumb.jpg.a1858d6264fb07d9a0c3366669008f6b.jpg

Staring off in my fireplace, 14 Li used, 11 more left.  Imma put up some pictures, this is the Hotel Chelsea after all.  I can link a bunch of prims together and have pictures all over the place.  I'm happy, this was the first home I ever had in SL, not the same room, but the same building.  I've been trying to get back in for a while, but none of the rentals would work for me.  I remember sitting back in my room, and listening to the live music, and enjoying it from the comfort of my room 🙃

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

i need to try this. How's the poser?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Thinking of ways to improve my yard without breaking my Li bank 🙃

Snapshot_315.thumb.jpg.b2ce0140a610f4142a05cccae7b1394f.jpg

I just bought this cute tree with swinging bench, it is advertised as 3li, but it seems to only take up 1.  I love it 🥰 No more spending linden this week for me though.

Yay, a swinger!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Scylla Rhiadra

I think it is the same one Black Dragon uses

Snapshot_322.thumb.jpg.052fa664d455a902bb1b3c802101f8ef.jpg

It took me about 30 seconds to do a handstand

Snapshot_310.thumb.jpg.7244f50f9ba2b237f9b12b4feaa2716b.jpg

These are just thrown together while playing around with it.  I was going to do a little shoot for this thread earlier, but had to run a few errands and gave up on it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

i need to try this. How's the poser?

From what I can tell the poser is a straight up port of the black dragon one.

• You can freeze any pose/animation and work from there, including attachments like tails.
  • Tweaking a pose works really well...
  • ... except for fingers, which need some wrangling (if there is a way to switch between global/local rotation I don't know about it).
  • And I'm still gonna use Axis over it for the face.
  • Making a pose from scratch is an uncanny valley nightmare but I think it's as good as can be from within the viewer.

But I'm really appreciative of it being there. I love working from animations and freezing a snapshot from them, as I feel that often comes out as more natural than just static poses.

• Like 5

Cat and I trying to figure out what kind of extra theme location to put on our island. it's not easy. I want traffic, but not too much. Caitlin doesn't care if we have traffic or not. 

@BillFletchermay recognize Caitlin's outfit in the background pic from something in the past.

Cat and I Discussing Island sandor.png

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

From what I can tell the poser is a straight up port of the black dragon one.

• You can freeze any pose/animation and work from there, including attachments like tails.
  • Tweaking a pose works really well...
  • ... except for fingers, which need some wrangling (if there is a way to switch between global/local rotation I don't know about it).
  • And I'm still gonna use Axis over it for the face.
  • Making a pose from scratch is an uncanny valley nightmare but I think it's as good as can be from within the viewer.

But I'm really appreciative of it being there. I love working from animations and freezing a snapshot from them, as I feel that often comes out as more natural than just static poses.

Thanks!

Yeah, I VERY rarely build a pose from scratch: it's a nightmare. I really need to understand anatomy better than I do. As it is, I'll sometimes assume parts of a pose myself when adjusting in the BD poser, to make sure I'm getting it right. Which, um, possibly looks a little odd . . .

And yeah, I usually disable the bones in the head and neck in the poser, and use the Axis for those. Soooooo much easier, and the results tend to look better.

I've done the "freezing from animation" thing too, mainly using dances. It DOES work well!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I VERY rarely build a pose from scratch: it's a nightmare. I really need to understand anatomy better than I do. As it is, I'll sometimes assume parts of a pose myself when adjusting in the BD poser, to make sure I'm getting it right. Which, um, possibly looks a little odd . . .

Nah, that's not silly. I do that too, sometimes even when I am writing for a book. It helps to visualise things and makes sure it doesn't end up cursed. That said, for complete custom poses, I'll just do those in Blender with Inverse Kinematics. I'm way too impatient and skittish around uncanny valley stuff.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Your book is becoming one with your table......  if this is not intended as a coalescing event, perhaps you should turn the pages a bit faster.........

Maybe stick with "light reading"!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Istelathis said:

@Scylla Rhiadra

I think it is the same one Black Dragon uses

Snapshot_322.thumb.jpg.052fa664d455a902bb1b3c802101f8ef.jpg

It took me about 30 seconds to do a handstand

Snapshot_310.thumb.jpg.7244f50f9ba2b237f9b12b4feaa2716b.jpg

These are just thrown together while playing around with it.  I was going to do a little shoot for this thread earlier, but had to run a few errands and gave up on it.

I want to try this too :)

• Like 3

Playing slot machines 🙃

Snapshot_041.thumb.png.b88bd8d780ae591bfb09cdcf015e7482.png

This one appears to be broken, I need to fix it.

Snapshot_328.thumb.jpg.b3a6b4d0f769fbe98236b46c772764d2.jpg

First, I need to distract Anubis, he might complicate things a bit.

Snapshot_327.thumb.jpg.8fbfef89010ef7da3847aa232c75f4e3.jpg

Just a few adjustments are needed, this shouldn't take very much time.

Snapshot_329.thumb.jpg.7eadf5fdad6377548a6c4c4b6b84908d.jpg

Yay it is working again!

• Like 12