How Does Your SL Look Today?

snapthingy_002.thumb.png.4031647f102d0a43c3689b2ea2bb0349.png

Getting there, slowly but surely... And no, nothing's broken, it's just my crappy LOD settings I forgot to fix before taking a snap... <-<;

It's all filling out well, anyway.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 8

On 3/1/2023 at 12:16 AM, archangel969 said:

I just also do this mainly for my own pleasure but it is still nice to be among the 'Editors' picks' with Dutch estate now.

https://secondlife.com/destinations/editor

Fountain 003

I love your sim, if I can't rent a room can I set up a tent near the tulips?

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I bought a new outfit for a quick picture in a gorgeous Dutch Estate. I still need to find some shoes to go with the outfit, so I snuck off into a flower garden to hide my feet.

Snapshot_1333(2).thumb.png.b32ee49eac459fb0864c1ff7798e212e.png

I also saw @archangel969 from a distance, I imagine adding and changing things up a little bit 🙃

With a click of a button from my wardrobe site, I changed to my zombie outfit, and about to fight off some zombies, not quite combat gear, but I consider it zombie camouflage 🤣

Snapshot_1328(2).thumb.png.cf14f25bc5fa07df8f284c0417b1710c.png

I've mostly just been fooling around with inventory today, riding around on the streets, but otherwise haven't been in SL for very long to do very much of anything.

Haha, I am still fiddling with things on the land as allways. It's allways a work in progress. Filled up one of the attics of the houses in Waterland with attic junk as attics are suppose to be filled with (mine IS in RL LOL) and added some floating leaves that come from the blossoms of the trees. Anyway, I imagine everytime: What if someone lived there, what would then be missing? I even added some garbage cans in Waterland. I also bought a  Dutch 'draaiorgel (barrel or street organ)  but unfortunately it don't fit on the narrow streets of Waterland and somehow it doesn't add something on the more 'countryside atmosphere of Dutch estate on the other side (with the windmill). Street organs are mostly a city thing. So I took it away.

I didn't notice you, otherwise I would have said hello!

Both outfits are really great! The zombie dress is also awesome!

Mostly I stick to my suits with hat in different patterns and colours. I have an infinite number of them. But in autumn last year I did buy some cloths that resemble old-fashioned Dutch costume with clogs. They also make a click-clacking sound, very amusing. The costume is not original as I couldn't find a really nice one so have pieced some together. I think they do have a nice ladies' version of Dutch costume on MP.

I share a pic with me in Dutch clogs I made in autumn, I shared it before so maybe you know the pic allready. The 'neighbour' I talk to is photoshopped LOL.

A chat with the neighbour

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It was a joy to furnish the three houses of Waterland. For me as a writer, this is excactly the same as telling a story: I imagine what kind of person/people live there and adapt the setting accordingly. That way, it never becomes just scenery.

There is a cafe that belongs to a woman with a small child (she lives and sleeps upstairs), the resident house belongs to a modern style young couple and in the Zaandam house lives an old retired woodworker who has old stuff including some junk, but also really valuable antiques. A bit of a hodgepodge like in a flee market and in some of the houses of eccentric old people I know in RL.

All the painting are from Dutch artists or Dutch inspired.

Snapshot_2081208292_027a.png

Snapshot_2081208292_021a.png

Snapshot_2081208264_001ab.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cirleen said:

Fountain 003

Haha, well you can try to set up a tent but the houses are free to use from time to time, I cant'live in them all at one 🙂 . Beautiful photo!
Suddenly I also see that I haven't yet replaced the potted conifers with snow by the doors with spring/summer related plants! Doing it soon 🙂🙂

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, cirleen said:

Fountain 003

Set up a tent? Yourself? You can't be serious... You'll rip your nylons to shreds, and destroy that beautiful nail job you just had done...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

snapthingy_002.thumb.png.4031647f102d0a43c3689b2ea2bb0349.png

Getting there, slowly but surely... And no, nothing's broken, it's just my crappy LOD settings I forgot to fix before taking a snap... <-<;

It's all filling out well, anyway.

So elegant and charming!  Where is that?  May we visit?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, archangel969 said:

It was a joy to furnish the three houses of Waterland. For me as a writer, this is excactly the same as telling a story: I imagine what kind of person/people live there and adapt the setting accordingly. That way, it never becomes just scenery.

You have done an incredibly good job at telling the story with your build. I look at your work as a source of conceptual and visual inspiration. Thank you!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Set up a tent? Yourself? You can't be serious... You'll rip your nylons to shreds, and destroy that beautiful nail job you just had done...

You might be surprised at what she can do.

• Haha 3

@Orwar looked as though they were having a blast on their motorcycle, so I decided to give one a try for myself and was all over the road 🤣 For some reason, I just have a difficult time with motorcycles and haven't found one that I am comfortable driving around on.  I played around with the steering and it helped a little but for the one I was using the speed was set too high in first gear.

Snapshot_1336.thumb.png.b317220803f21dba6b17789086490a0a.png

It was fun when I had relatively straight roads to go along with, although the speed made it so not everything would render quickly enough with my Internet connection.  Unfortunately, I couldn't change how it worked in mouselook as it would default to steering when I wanted to look around.  So I mostly kept it from a third person perspective and zoomed in and out.

Snapshot_1339.thumb.png.328356010c05db2f9996f9602619be18.png

Yeah...  I decided it best to stop here and walk the rest of the way 🙃

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

@Orwar looked as though they were having a blast on their motorcycle, so I decided to give one a try for myself and was all over the road 🤣 For some reason, I just have a difficult time with motorcycles and haven't found one that I am comfortable driving around on.  I played around with the steering and it helped a little but for the one I was using the speed was set too high in first gear.

Snapshot_1336.thumb.png.b317220803f21dba6b17789086490a0a.png

It was fun when I had relatively straight roads to go along with, although the speed made it so not everything would render quickly enough with my Internet connection.  Unfortunately, I couldn't change how it worked in mouselook as it would default to steering when I wanted to look around.  So I mostly kept it from a third person perspective and zoomed in and out.

Snapshot_1339.thumb.png.328356010c05db2f9996f9602619be18.png

Yeah...  I decided it best to stop here and walk the rest of the way 🙃

LOL, I ran into the same issues with a bike I have.  Trying the steering compensations helped, but not enough. We can't give anyone a good ride if we can't steer properly!!!

• Like 2

Was searching on MP for proper Dutch pancakes, but could not find them. The closest are the rolled pancakes in the picture I bought.

The thing is: Dutch pancakes are NOT the same as pancakes in the US! They were way smaller then Dutch pancakes. Dutch pancakes are as big as your plate, thinner and not as fluffy. And no, Dutch pancakes are NOT the same as French crepes who are even thinner then Dutch pancakes.

In this videoclip 'geheimen' (Secrets) of Clean pete, a Dutch duo, are the people eating proper Dutch pancakes. With stroop or powdered sugar. And if you're asking what the heck she is singing about... It's all about love of course.  'I see secrets in your eyes.'

Snapshot_2081208295_001.png

• Like 11

Hanging out on the Galaxy, off the coast of Bellisseria. 

Snapshot_1343.thumb.png.6eaa5687d16ca3263c96d65749068a79.png

I can only imagine how long it took to build this ship, being three regions in length it is just fascinating to wander  the many nooks an crannies of this old lady.  I had to set my draw distance quite a bit to capture her all, slowing down my viewer quite a lot but worth it.  This was made well beyond my time in SL, but I imagine when she was first created it drew quite a crowd and hosted a lot of events.  I'm glad that LL brought her back for us all to enjoy.

Snapshot_1345.thumb.png.5d70035174157a7527d88a893a2d21f1.png

Just wandering around inside, looking at the cabins.  Every now and then I will find something of interest,  I've found a hidden room in the past and like to explore it every now and then to see if I can find others.

Snapshot_1350.thumb.png.b1c9d860acafc6a35d1961b6e7a922ec.png

While I was exploring the ship, I heard a bunch of explosions outside and saw fireworks being set off which was the first time I noticed them.  I'm not sure if they go off in the day, or I just missed them in the past.  It was a neat little show though.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

So elegant and charming!  Where is that?  May we visit?

It's the Arkham build, we're doing all of it upstairs over Innsmouth and Dunwich. Soon we'll have at least an approximation of 3 of the 4 original Miskatonic River Valley sims in the same region again... Also, I've heard, but don't quote me on this, that we'll soon have Kingsport as a neighbor, making the original quadrifecta symbolically complete once again.

The we just have to wait for the stars to align, and the Old Ones can return.

Until then, you can safely explore the construction zone without fear of anything but me.

Hope it's okay to post a link, if not, people can always just look us up in Destinations.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Innsmouth/229/189/3504

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.b82aa17c1d6d8e0091ace59f81e03b68.png

Arik's working on the Asylum, with his faithful companion, Fuzzbutt, the kitteh.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

What my SL looks like today. 
My wife and I hanging out on the roof of our club. Lots of photo-ops on our property. Take your photo with a shark with a friggin laser on its friggin head. Half a sim designed on less than 10,000 prims. 

Rooftop Garden

Edited by Regor Romano
  • Like 12

15 hours ago, Bagnu said:

But it's so nice to wake up to tulips. No matter how shredded I happen to be.

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Haha, well you can try to set up a tent but the houses are free to use from time to time, I cant'live in them all at one 🙂 . Beautiful photo!
Suddenly I also see that I haven't yet replaced the potted conifers with snow by the doors with spring/summer related plants! Doing it soon 🙂🙂

Tulips 001

Thank you

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Hanging out on the Galaxy, off the coast of Bellisseria. 

Snapshot_1343.thumb.png.6eaa5687d16ca3263c96d65749068a79.png

I can only imagine how long it took to build this ship, being three regions in length it is just fascinating to wander  the many nooks an crannies of this old lady.  I had to set my draw distance quite a bit to capture her all, slowing down my viewer quite a lot but worth it.  This was made well beyond my time in SL, but I imagine when she was first created it drew quite a crowd and hosted a lot of events.  I'm glad that LL brought her back for us all to enjoy.

Snapshot_1345.thumb.png.5d70035174157a7527d88a893a2d21f1.png

Just wandering around inside, looking at the cabins.  Every now and then I will find something of interest,  I've found a hidden room in the past and like to explore it every now and then to see if I can find others.

Snapshot_1350.thumb.png.b1c9d860acafc6a35d1961b6e7a922ec.png

While I was exploring the ship, I heard a bunch of explosions outside and saw fireworks being set off which was the first time I noticed them.  I'm not sure if they go off in the day, or I just missed them in the past.  It was a neat little show though.

I believe they go off every 12 hours or so. As for what specific time, for the life of me I can't remember.

• Like 4

I went to log in just now and saw this, I am so freaking happy for no reason other than I am so happy your passion and detail are being appreciated by many, congrats! (and the fact that it says 3/16 is way cool to me). This is how my SL looks today. Happy.

image.thumb.jpeg.7866830c2ca294b065fd7257a81cb1df.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1