Teleport Disconnections rise?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just wondering if any one else has noticed a clime in teleport disconnections as of the last two weeks, or if I'm the only one,

I've started to disconnect while attempting to teleport, almost always by the third teleport, making avatar designing really frustrating, sense I like to mod, tint and so on, the disconnects causing all the tweaks I make to revert, I'm now having to remember to log off and then back on after each tweak, just so SL saves my progress,

I wanna say this started during last marketplace maintenance or can't remember which type of maintenance it was, but during the time I did also have a shape get corrupted, and had to recreate it, not sure if that's related or not, but SL has been getting less stable lately, any one else having new or more often issues?

17 minutes ago, Criss Requiem said:

Just wondering if any one else has noticed a clime in teleport disconnections as of the last two weeks, or if I'm the only one,

I've started to disconnect while attempting to teleport, almost always by the third teleport, making avatar designing really frustrating, sense I like to mod, tint and so on, the disconnects causing all the tweaks I make to revert, I'm now having to remember to log off and then back on after each tweak, just so SL saves my progress,

I wanna say this started during last marketplace maintenance or can't remember which type of maintenance it was, but during the time I did also have a shape get corrupted, and had to recreate it, not sure if that's related or not, but SL has been getting less stable lately, any one else having new or more often issues?

• Like 1

It doesn't seem to matter what sim I'm teleporting to, it simply disconnects as soon as the second attempt to teleport, there isn't a one sim that I can't teleport to, so long its one of the first few teleports, I can raise my texture memory higher than 512, I can go as high as 4096, I just took it from 512 to 2045, no clue if that's too much of a jump but I'll see if this helps, I've never toyed with that setting before.

Thanks for the reply.

It's been getting worse gradually over the last few months.  The worst thing about it is the reset back to the log-in state.

On a couple of occasions I've been out in my boat, sailing about, and had a sim crossing crash, after which I am stuck in one position on the ocean floor, and the only way out is to relog.  And then I am back at home in Belli, wearing what I had on an hour previously!  Sim crossing as very similar to teleports technically, I'm told.

Someone suggested that next time it happens I should use Firestorm's 'Stop Avatar Animations and Revoke Permissions', which I plan to do next time.  It might help after a failed TP  but I have not tried it yet.

I haven't had a crash on tp in weeks, if not months.

I had one crash on region-crossing in a boat yesterday, that was the first in almost as long.

@Anna Nova there's another setting in Firestorm that might help with region crossings. In Preferences, Move & View, Movement:

"Region crossing movement prediction: Stop when error gets too large". Make sure it's not on Unlimted.  

It won't help with teleport crashes though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Criss Requiem said:

I'm seeing it sporadically, there are good days and there are days when every 6th TP crashes to desktop. The pattern I think I see is that it's more likely to happen at weekends, my suspicion are that it's not SL as such, more a lot of internet traffic that could be causing delays.

I can't offer any better advice than reduce your scripted attachments to a minimum.

The OP just described my recent SL experiences with teleports exactly. I can teleport anywhere once but if I try to go there again, the TP will hang, and I will crash. When I crash, my avie also reverts, and I lose any hair changes, clothes changes or tweaks. I also had my shape corrupt and I had to redo it.

With all that said, I read on Firestorm's wiki that Malwarebytes can cause this issue. Do you by chance use that program?  I very recently whitelisted SL per their instructions and I have not crashed since. *crosses fingers*

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

@Mercedes Avon

I do use that program, I will give that a shot as well, honestly completely forgot about that program running in the background, though I've never had issues with it before, so here is hoping . . . .

Thanks for the info

@Maitimo

My Objects folder is pretty big, but every thing else is sorted and put into sub folders, perhaps its time to remove all demos again

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.