Unfixable tp crash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, I'm posting about this again because I still haven't managed to fix it even though I tried everything from the wiki pages.

My firestorm runs fine but after a few teleports it ends up getting stuck at "Connecting new server" even though when I TP to a region I was previously at.

I already allowed firestorm and all the folders/files on the firewall and all that but this keeps happening.

Can someone help me?

If a router/modem reboot doesn't help, pull up the Statistics panel --- via Ctrl + Shift + 1 --- and monitor the Packet Loss and Ping Sim stats near the top of the box.   Note that the Ping Sim will jump during any teleports (mine jumps to 1000ms and then settles within a few seconds of completing the TP), but otherwise should stay fairly steady and low - definitely under 200ms and preferably under 100ms (if my memory is correct).  Packet Loss should be zero, though sometimes it might bump to 0.1% or 0.2%.   Either  of those issues would imply something going on with your network connection.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If a router/modem reboot doesn't help, pull up the Statistics panel --- via Ctrl + Shift + 1 --- and monitor the Packet Loss and Ping Sim stats near the top of the box.   Note that the Ping Sim will jump during any teleports (mine jumps to 1000ms and then settles within a few seconds of completing the TP), but otherwise should stay fairly steady and low - definitely under 200ms and preferably under 100ms (if my memory is correct).  Packet Loss should be zero, though sometimes it might bump to 0.1% or 0.2%.   Either  of those issues would imply something going on with your network connection.

Yeah mine jumps to 1000ms then settles down to 217 sort of and it stays, packet loss is at 0%.

3 minutes ago, Tyvonne said:

I have done that too, sometimes it just goes on an endless tp then it ends up logging me out.

failtp.png

Go into your Firestorm Preferences and Disable the Teleport Screens (shown below).  What that will do is leave you viewing your SL location and instead show a TP bar at the bottom of the screen.  Having the TP screen disabled will also let you continue to view the Statistics window during the TP.  

image.png.ba192e1f6b552ee9fce78034f9fcdaa8.png

2 minutes ago, Tyvonne said:

Yeah mine jumps to 1000ms then settles down to 217 sort of and it stays, packet loss is at 0%.

This article is old but still has some good suggestions for trying to debug a network issue:

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Also, keep that Stats bar up as much as possible to see if you can capture what is happening when the TP fails.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This article is old but still has some good suggestions for trying to debug a network issue:

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Also, keep that Stats bar up as much as possible to see if you can capture what is happening when the TP fails.

Took a screenshot during the fail tp and after

fail1.png

fail2.png

Read through Nalates article and see if any of the suggestions there can help you pinpoint the issue.

One other thing that might help us help you --- in the viewer, click Help / About Firestorm - click "Copy to clipboard" and paste the info here.  Maybe there is a setting that can be tweaked a bit.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Read through Nalates article and see if any of the suggestions there can help you pinpoint the issue.

One other thing that might help us help you --- in the viewer, click Help / About Firestorm - click "Copy to clipboard" and paste the info here.  Maybe there is a setting that can be tweaked a bit.

Firestorm 6.4.13 (63251) Mar  2 2021 18:51:46 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor               (3599.99 MHz)
Memory: 16312 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19042.985)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 6144 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.6647
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 466.47

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.4.3 / RLVa v2.4.0.63251
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.0.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.01.08
Dullahan: 1.8.0.202007261348
  CEF: 81.3.10+gb223419+chromium-81.0.4044.138
  Chromium: 81.0.4044.138
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.10.0000.32327

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1027 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 256 m
Bandwidth: 1300 kbit/s
LOD factor: 4
Render quality: Ultra (7/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: Dynamic (512 MB min / 10% Cache / 10% VRAM)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2021-5-7T15:43:49 
Built with MSVC version 1916
Packets Lost: 6/66,501 (0.0%)
May 31 2021 10:15:49 SLT

Try playing with the Bandwidth, bumping it up or down a bit -- don't go over 1500.  Since your Ping Sim value is showing a bit under 200 to a bit over, I'm guessing you are not in the US???  

Your Graphics settings are super high, but since you are dying during the 'connect new region' process, it likely is network and not graphics --- though you can reduce those a bit just to see if it makes any difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Try playing with the Bandwidth, bumping it up or down a bit -- don't go over 1500.  Since your Ping Sim value is showing a bit under 200 to a bit over, I'm guessing you are not in the US???  

Your Graphics settings are super high, but since you are dying during the 'connect new region' process, it likely is network and not graphics --- though you can reduce those a bit just to see if it makes any difference.

Yeah I'm from Portugal, my net speed is 200mb cable router. My bandwidth is set at 1300 rn

2 minutes ago, Tyvonne said:

Yeah I'm from Portugal, my net speed is 200mb cable router. My bandwidth is set at 1300 rn

Sometimes less is better - rasterscan has it set to 750.  Maybe try decreasing it a few hundred at a time to see if you can find a setting that works better for you.  I probably wouldn't go below 500.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyvonne said:

Hey, I'm posting about this again because I still haven't managed to fix it even though I tried everything from the wiki pages.

My firestorm runs fine but after a few teleports it ends up getting stuck at "Connecting new server" even though when I TP to a region I was previously at.

I already allowed firestorm and all the folders/files on the firewall and all that but this keeps happening.

Can someone help me?

You should start here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_run_crash

If none of that works then join the inworld FS support group in the language of your choice and ask for further help. Be sure to read the whole thing before starting to work through it and if you need tech support make sure you ask for a mod and tell them what exactly you have done so far to try to fix the issue.

Good luck!

Does this TP fail only occur with some regions?  Can you TP normal to the same region that is also failing for you?

How often does the TP fail?  Also can you increase your Viewer Texture Memory higher than 512 MB?

I have my Preferences for TP set like this: 13a958b851d86d86042c9c0b76bfb31d.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges

15 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Does this TP fail only occur with some regions?  Can you TP normal to the same region that is also failing for you?

How often does the TP fail?  Also can you increase your Viewer Texture Memory higher than 512 MB?

I have my Preferences for TP set like this: 13a958b851d86d86042c9c0b76bfb31d.png

The TP ends up failing to any region, even if it's one I've been already at.
It fails very often, just now I tp'd to 3 different places, waited a little bit on this 3rd one then I tried to tp for the 4th time to another and failed, getting the endless "connecting new region" then forcing me to log out.

I've set my TP preferences to the same ones you have, trying again.

1 hour ago, Tyvonne said:

I have my maximum bandwidth inworld set to 750, what you think?

Screenshot_1.png

Try it there for a day and see what happens. If the TP crashes still occur, set it to 1000. If it still happens, set it to 1500 but do not go over that. Normally I'd recommend starting at 500 but 750 is close enough.

If at 1500 you are still having the issue you can try 500. After that your best bet is to contact the FS support team for some one on one help. You may have to repeat some of the things you have already done but they are doing that for your good,  not because they don't believe you. They are volunteers and don't get paid for their time.

I just posted in the other thread about this issue. I have never had issues with crashing in SL until recent months and then recently it became an issue when I was attempting to teleport. Likewise, I can always TP into a sim the first time without issues, but the TP will fail the second time. If I crash/or log out I can not log into that sim either. I always have to log in someplace else, and then I can TP. What I found was that Malwarebytes was the likely culprit. I had to whitelist Firestorm (the viewer I use) and now I am not having the issue.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

Edited by Mercedes Avon

23 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I just posted in the other thread about this issue. I have never had issues with crashing in SL until recent months and then recently it became an issue when I was attempting to teleport. Likewise, I can always TP into a sim the first time without issues, but the TP will fail the second time. If I crash/or log out I can not log into that sim either. I always have to log in someplace else, and then I can TP. What I found was that Malwarebytes was the likely culprit. I had to whitelist Firestorm (the viewer I use) and now I am not having the issue.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

I have done that too (i am using the Windows 10 windows defender) and I have allowed the viewer on the firewall settings, but this keeps happening.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyvonne said:

I have done that too (i am using the Windows 10 windows defender) and I have allowed the viewer on the firewall settings, but this keeps happening.

I use Windows Defender myself, but for me that was not the issue. It was specifically Malwarebytes that was causing the problem.

!!! BANDWIDTH DOES NOT MEAN DOWNLOAD SPEED !!!

The viewer will download content (assets, textures, etc) as fast as your connection to the CDN will allow. The bandwidth slider has no impact on this at all. 

The region will send your viewer time sensitive data over UDP, this is like catching bullets. If the region sends data faster than you can catch them (regardless of your connection speed), those packets get lost and are never resent (hence packet loss!). Any packet loss at all is really bad and will lead to an intermittent experience. The bandwidth slider throttles this data - set it low (eg 300) and adjust down if you still have packet loss. If you don't have packet loss, leave it low and forget it exists.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.