Hairstyles that DON'T clip through clothing? :C

Invidebit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This isn't an issue with alpha layers, by the way!

I've been looking to update my appearance with a more modern, realistically-textured hairstyle. I'm specifically looking for long hair with bangs. So far, I've found two hairstyles that I really like!

DOUX - Yuka (left) and KUNI - Teresa (right)

Snapshot_014_028.png.55594461468ea0d57f95d9f8d4d07165.png Snapshot_014_021.png.cca7c61240fe5299558887b85e716684.png

Unfortunately... both these styles have a problem in common. :( The hair in the back rests so close to my avatar's body that it clips through my clothing.

Snapshot_014_029.png.0c725a36d340368eb619bb57dd8cebf9.png Snapshot_014_030.png.8cbbc1e8d05a55bcc0bf3fb195e3ba21.png

Can anyone recommend stores with realistically-textured hairstyles that don't clip through clothes like this? I really don't want to give up wearing loose tops and baggy sweaters. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Like Rowan, I often end up wearing updos if my normal hair goes through my clothing. Another thing I've tried with varying degrees of success is to wear a different size of the hair especially the +boob version if the issue is happening at the front of my outfit.  Magika, Exile, Foxy and Truth are other nice hair brands to check out that might have something that works for you.

• Like 1

The only way to completely avoid clipping is to wear short bob styles stuff up to chin length, up do's and more masculine styles. If it's only a small amount of clippage like in the first rear pic I wouldn't let it bother me. If it's like in the second pic and style options are included I'd try those first, then try wearing a different top before resorting to a short style. I frequently wear shorter styles and got a nice one for Saturday sale from Doe yesterday I've recently had some out of Olive too 

• Like 1

This is a case where the clothes themselves are not compatible with the hair. You need to look for short hair, or hair which is all swept forwards with none hanging at the back. 

However, long hair made for men will fit because its rigged with more space at the back. No_Match does most of their long hair styles with both male and female fitting. There's no difference in head size, so it will fit your head just fine. You need to look for styles that don't have anything falling in front as those will clip through your chest.

• Like 1

As other mentioned, it's the cloth clipping trough your hair, not specifically a hair problem. A way to deal with it without having to resort to short/updo hair, is take more full long hair. So even if the cloths clip in the hair, they do not come out at the backside. Rowan suggested Stealthic above, they are indeed a brand with really lovely hair that is also quite full without keeping an open gap between you back and the hair.

• Like 1

One of the reasons I go for ponytail hairstyles, saves me trouble of cringing and dying on the inside whenever I find a really cool piece of clothing and my hair slips through it :D

As Zeta and Rowan mentioned, Stealthic make really good hairstyles that don't collide with the clothing (most of the time). I've been using their hairstyles for I dunno how long and I can easily say I'm more than happy with them. Another brand which I personally favor and never had issues(at least for the type of clothes I wear) is #Foxy, you should definitely check them out as well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.