!!***!!???AAAGGFF

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trying to buy new body morph and the cashier is out for maintenance??? AYFKM??????? (AreYou*****ingKiddingMe) ?????? HHOWW can this be?????? I live in Marijuana legal state so at least I can calm myself down but might be so high I forget to buy this later HHHHHHHHow can this beeeee??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AugustVonHelson said:

Trying to buy new body morph and the cashier is out for maintenance??? AYFKM??????? (AreYou*****ingKiddingMe) ?????? HHOWW can this be?????? I live in Marijuana legal state so at least I can calm myself down but might be so high I forget to buy this later HHHHHHHHow can this beeeee??

LL does notify folks when maintenance is scheduled or happening --- https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

image.png.60f9d1696bc33f91c180e2d3cadac5e1.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL does notify folks when maintenance is scheduled or happening --- https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

image.png.60f9d1696bc33f91c180e2d3cadac5e1.png

No. They need to utilize the viewer and have system messages. There are still A LOT of people that dont know about that page (its not listed anywhere on their main site and profile area for only god knows why).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

48 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

No. They need to utilize the viewer and have system messages. There are still A LOT of people that dont know about that page (its not listed anywhere on their main site and profile area for only god knows why).

This was in my chat when I logged in today -- so they are utilizing the viewer and sending messages, but people do have to actually pay attention and read things:

[2021/05/11 16:31:30]  Second Life: [ Maintenance to Group Chats and Agent Presence ] May 11, 12:15 PDTCompleted - The scheduled maintenance has been completed.May 11, 11:15 PDTIn progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.May 10, 11:07 PDTScheduled - We will be undergoing maintenance scheduled maintenance Tuesday, May 11th at 11:15 AM Pacific Time. This may affect Group Chats and Agent Presence for some residents. Keep an eye on this blog post for updates! [ https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/qx1f1db4jtpm ]

Additionally, Grid Status is on everyone's Dashboard.  You don't have to actually go to the Grid Status page.  You can just click on the outage notice link on the Dashboard to get details.  Not sure how/why you haven't noticed it, right there, providing info to all that care to actually read.  

image.thumb.png.b63a505e259c91ef986a3025db2fd77a.png

I don't know that LL needs to spoon feed people any more than that.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Gosh, looky there -- it is on the SL Viewer also:

image.png.0b6fc0d76aba87c23c140d63d85991dd.png

Who uses the actual SL viewer anymore besides you? 

What is wrong with all of you? You all trying to out-boomer eachother? 😂 

Look, that only shows you MAINTENANCE. It doesnt show you everything and its not even in real time 🙄 The latest on the status page is about the marketplace issues which doesnt even show on your profile "feed". Cmon now. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand what I was saying.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Nice attempt to wiggle out of admitting you are wrong.

Not going to work.

There are several places where one can go to see the current Grid Status, including in most Viewer start up screens. There is zero need for it to be part of an MOTD or the profile system. At all.

Further Grid Status reports on more than just simple Maintenance - if you actually bother to look. Oh yes, it is also not wholly automatically updated either so it is simply a means to check to see if an issue is known or more widespread.

A good chunk of the time however, threads such as this arise because someone could not be bothered to pay attention to the ample information on such events nor to check before posting that such a Maintenance event is not in progress.

Nothing "boomer" there - sit down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Nice attempt to wiggle out of admitting you are wrong.

Not going to work.

There are several places where one can go to see the current Grid Status, including in most Viewer start up screens. There is zero need for it to be part of an MOTD or the profile system. At all.

Further Grid Status reports on more than just simple Maintenance - if you actually bother to look. Oh yes, it is also not wholly automatically updated either so it is simply a means to check to see if an issue is known or more widespread.

A good chunk of the time however, threads such as this arise because someone could not be bothered to pay attention to the ample information on such events nor to check before posting that such a Maintenance event is not in progress.

Nothing "boomer" there - sit down.

Oh...my....god 😂😂😂

You just literally supported my entire argument. Most people DO NOT know about the grid status. It’s why you see these kinds of threads (and it’s abundant in SL-related Facebook groups). It doesn’t matter if a little bit is on their profile page...most don’t use it. Most don’t stare at their screen reading notices before clicking the log in button unlike you, grandpa. 

Utilizing system notice messaging won’t kill your SL experience. 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Oh...my....god 😂😂😂

You just literally supported my entire argument. Most people DO NOT know about the grid status. It’s why you see these kinds of threads (and it’s abundant in SL-related Facebook groups). It doesn’t matter if a little bit is on their profile page...most don’t use it. Most don’t stare at their screen reading notices before clicking the log in button unlike you, grandpa. 

Utilizing system notice messaging won’t kill your SL experience. 

That's nice - no, sweetie, I did not "support" your "argument".

You don't have an "argument" beyond wanting people to be spoon fed.

It is - however - quite clear that you neither care nor are willing to listen, considering the tone you've taken.

Oh yes and since you've gone there .... Unless you're below the age of ten, you're in no position to be calling me "grandpa" and that is being very generous. Any grand children I may have, won't even be conceived for about another decade or so.

Use the information channels you have at your disposal - there are a fair few more here than with some other services and many are redundant.

ETA: Oh and on a final note, that rush to log in? Same reason why there are more than a few threads here (and in the past) concerning users either questioning an e-mail/notice/IM or such they have received or lamenting a hastily made purchase (among many other things). Same reason this thread was posted as well. Instant Gratification/rushing forward without a single thought.

That is nothing to tout or to be proud about.

ETA2: Utilizing system notice messaging will have an absolutely minimal effect on threads such as this as well, thanks to the above. A fair few barely bother to read existing system notifications as is.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

What is wrong with all of you? You all trying to out-boomer eachother?

You've just lost your argument with that right there.  

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

That's nice - no, sweetie, I did not "support" your "argument".

You don't have an "argument" beyond wanting people to be spoon fed.

It is - however - quite clear that you neither care nor are willing to listen, considering the tone you've taken.

Oh yes and since you've gone there .... Unless you're below the age of ten, you're in no position to be calling me "grandpa" and that is being very generous. Any grand children I may have, won't even be conceived for about another decade or so.

Use the information channels you have at your disposal - there are a fair few more here than with some other services and many are redundant.

ETA: Oh and on a final note, that rush to log in? Same reason why there are more than a few threads here (and in the past) concerning users either questioning an e-mail/notice/IM or such they have received or lamenting a hastily made purchase (among many other things). Same reason this thread was posted as well. Instant Gratification/rushing forward without a single thought.

That is nothing to tout or to be proud about.

ETA2: Utilizing system notice messaging will have an absolutely minimal effect on threads such as this as well, thanks to the above. A fair few barely bother to read existing system notifications as is.

Short attention spans is my guess.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Look, that only shows you MAINTENANCE. It doesnt show you everything and its not even in real time 🙄 The latest on the status page is about the marketplace issues which doesnt even show on your profile "feed".

How in the hell do you think that the BILLING maintenance that was happening -- during the time the person was having problems -- is NOT related to the MP issue?  How is "billing" NOT related to 'money'?

7 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Most people DO NOT know about the grid status.

That is NOT LL's fault.  The information is right there in the middle of everyone's Dashboard - and it is on the viewer login screen - and it is sent to everyone's chat.

8 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

You all trying to out-boomer eachother?

So, it is now a boomer thing to expect people to actually read the stuff that is literally in front of them every which way they turn?

• Like 4

• Moderators

Greetings, all!

Welcome to mid week!  

Linden Lab posts notices regarding scheduled maintenance in advance and tries to post notices as quickly as possible when there are unscheduled issues that happen. 

As pointed out in this thread, those notices are posted to the SL Grid Status Report page and feeds that link to that page are included in multiple locations, including the menu on the Forums (above ^^) and on a dedicated Twitter account (see below).  

We strongly encourage everyone to make use of the available resources so that they are kept apprised of issues in Second Life that may affect their in world adventures. 

If you feel that the recourses available are not widely known, or the information about maintenance is not communicated in a timely manner,  or you have suggestions on additional ways that the information could be communicated to users, please feel free to join the appropriate User Group where you can submit your suggestions directly to Linden Lab. These user groups exists specifically for users to be able to receive information directly from, and communicate directly with, Linden Lab team who work on various aspects of Second Life. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

Insulting, or attempting to insult, your fellow users is never an appropriate reaction nor response and Linden Lab and the moderators of the forums would really hate to have to action someone's account because of an off handed public comment that was made when someone was irritated and didn't stop to think about what they were saying.

However, we WILL do it, if it becomes necessary, so please keep that in mind.  I imagine it is rather annoying on its own to find your entire access to Second Life suspended because of a ill thought reply on the forums. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Who uses the actual SL viewer anymore besides you? 

What is wrong with all of you? You all trying to out-boomer eachother? 😂 

Look, that only shows you MAINTENANCE. It doesnt show you everything and its not even in real time 🙄 The latest on the status page is about the marketplace issues which doesnt even show on your profile "feed". Cmon now. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand what I was saying.

I think you need to get a new prescription for glasses or learn how to read without skipping over words you don't understand.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

I imagine it is rather annoying on its own to find your entire access to Second Life suspended because of a ill thought reply on the forums. 

Oh a ban or suspension on the forums results in an inworld ban too?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.