I cannot wear, add, attach or unpack items

Kashoutt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since yesterday I cannot wear, add or attach items all the options are greyed out this happened randomly. I tried clearing cache method using the Firestorm wiki forum suggested on another post but that didn't work, this also only happens on my account on my pc, please help!

Edited by DopeGirlKash

13 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, DopeGirlKash said:

Since yesterday I cannot wear, add or attach items all the options are greyed out this happened randomly. I tried clearing cache method using the Firestorm wiki forum suggested on another post but that didn't work, this also only happens on my account on my pc, please help!

Are you using an RLV device?

4 hours ago, DopeGirlKash said:

I've tried on the LL viewer and the same problem, cant add or wear, attach, detach or unpack

You could try moving to a different region.  I had a home once where I couldn't get things to attach or detach, huds wouldn't work.  Try going to Tromp.  You won't be able to rez but the rest should be doable.

It's odd that the options are greyed out though.  That's why I mentioned rlv.  Those features can be disabled with rlv but since it's the same on the LL viewer, that can't be the problem.

Edited by Rowan Amore

2 hours ago, MrsAbigailHunter said:

just throwing this out there since I know this thread is old, but check your attachment count..Happened to me..everything greyed out..

Normally, this could be the reason but the OP mentioned they could not DETACH either which would have nothing to do with too many attachments.

@DopeGirlKash, do I understand correctly that this ONLY happens on one particular PC and on only one particular account? (Or to put it another way...have you tried logging in with an alt? Have you tried logging in the problem account on another computer?)

If this is the case, I would normally say you should suspect the common element: the installation on your PC. Arguing against this is your statement that the problem happens with both the LL viewer and the Firestorm viewer.

But...I think I would still try doing a clean reinstall of the viewer(s) on your computer. NOTE: If you have set your cache directory or other important file locations to be the SAME for your different viewers...DON'T DO THAT. If you did...well, you may have just found the problem.

2nd note: A "clean reinstall", in case you aren't familiar with the term, means deleting ALL the stuff from the old viewer installation, then downloading and installing a fresh copy. See here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.