Super realistic face (skin and shape) for Catwa HDPro

Bluntrollerrr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I have managed to hoard loads of bodies and heads in my little time in SL, I was with a Genus head for most part of it, I experimented a lot with the Lelutka Evo heads (I really like the Fleur one) but now I have been rocking the Catwa HDPro MajerEdged head. Excellent head, and I want to take it to the next level of possible realistically looking face. For me, it seems that the shape is more important than the skin to give you the look that you want, and whilst I have been all around the famous skin stores, I have not found what I wanted.

Until I visited Heaux. Them faces are brilliant and so realistic, look at this for example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/verena-brune/50746658968/

I would LOVE a face like this one, but it is on Genus baby face, and the rest of hers are mostly Genus/Lelutka Evo heads. I do not want to go back to those heads, it is a shame as mostly in the marketplace too, faces like those are made for Genus baby face/strange and some Lelutka Evo heads. When I typed CATWA HDPro skins (or shapes), not a lot comes up. LILO's Fit is a good one for shapes (and they give you the style card for the rest of it too), but that is about it.

Please give me guidance on similar looking skins/shapes for faces made for CATWA HDPro heads. I want styles similarly to Heaux, or I am sure you have seen those avatars with the static poses, where the face does not move at all and is brilliantly realistic (big eyelashes, some rosy nose/cheeks and that upper lip boost) with a pale skin tone that looks so real. That's the stuff I am looking for.

If you know any skin/shape stores for that kind of stuff for other heads, please also feel free to share, I might enquire with the owners of the stores and ask if they have upcoming CATWA HDPro skins coming up. I'd like the demos to include the shapes so I can see what the skin looks like with the shape on, Heaux for example does not give you the shape at all unless you buy the fatpack. I'd like to see what I am gonna look like beforehand if I lay 2-3k.

I had the same issue with my legacy body as everything was made for Maitreya but now I feel I did the right thing as most things are made for Legacy and it looks so gorgeous. Let me not regret getting my new CATWA head. I still have Catya and it was my first head, I never got around using it and felt like I had wasted my money.

Thank you in advance!

16 minutes ago, Bluntrollerrr said:

Hello everyone,

I have managed to hoard loads of bodies and heads in my little time in SL, I was with a Genus head for most part of it, I experimented a lot with the Lelutka Evo heads (I really like the Fleur one) but now I have been rocking the Catwa HDPro MajerEdged head. Excellent head, and I want to take it to the next level of possible realistically looking face. For me, it seems that the shape is more important than the skin to give you the look that you want, and whilst I have been all around the famous skin stores, I have not found what I wanted.

Until I visited Heaux. Them faces are brilliant and so realistic, look at this for example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/verena-brune/50746658968/

I would LOVE a face like this one, but it is on Genus baby face, and the rest of hers are mostly Genus/Lelutka Evo heads. I do not want to go back to those heads, it is a shame as mostly in the marketplace too, faces like those are made for Genus baby face/strange and some Lelutka Evo heads. When I typed CATWA HDPro skins (or shapes), not a lot comes up. LILO's Fit is a good one for shapes (and they give you the style card for the rest of it too), but that is about it.

Please give me guidance on similar looking skins/shapes for faces made for CATWA HDPro heads. I want styles similarly to Heaux, or I am sure you have seen those avatars with the static poses, where the face does not move at all and is brilliantly realistic (big eyelashes, some rosy nose/cheeks and that upper lip boost) with a pale skin tone that looks so real. That's the stuff I am looking for.

If you know any skin/shape stores for that kind of stuff for other heads, please also feel free to share, I might enquire with the owners of the stores and ask if they have upcoming CATWA HDPro skins coming up. I'd like the demos to include the shapes so I can see what the skin looks like with the shape on, Heaux for example does not give you the shape at all unless you buy the fatpack. I'd like to see what I am gonna look like beforehand if I lay 2-3k.

I had the same issue with my legacy body as everything was made for Maitreya but now I feel I did the right thing as most things are made for Legacy and it looks so gorgeous. Let me not regret getting my new CATWA head. I still have Catya and it was my first head, I never got around using it and felt like I had wasted my money.

Thank you in advance!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ItGirls-Catwa-Skin-Majer-DEMOS/20405062

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

ItGirls is not what I will call similar to Heaux.

I do not like this look at all, so I can not give advice. But I can post the image here, so we know what the OP want.

[Heaux] Vera

She did say super realistic and since I also don't care for the look you posted, itGirls would still fall under super realistic IMO.  It's all about choices plus editing.

I'd put Enfer Sombre to look much like Heaux, for example:

Alison skin and shape @Sultry - November 17

Realistic looking skins in general... Not.Found. Amara Beauty. Lara Hurley.

Perhaps also The Skinnery, but pay attention to the neckline - and it looks as if body demos have been withdrawn and are only available on request?

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

Thanks to everyone for their input!

I found a nice marketplace store I like for shapes (this is it for anyone interested, amazing $10 price per shape: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/206497) and I did purchase some Heaux skins to go with the shapes. So for now I am back to Genus, switching between Strange Face W001/W002 and Baby Face W001/W002. I do hate how fake the face animation HUD looks for Genus heads and also the eyes, I tried to fix them as much as I could and had to turn any face animations off.

I have attached my look for anybody interested.

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

can anyone tell me where in this topic

is to find?
( in some aspects a 12 yr old system avi has better looks)

You sound bitter, if you do not have anything helpful to add in this convo, why even participate? To spill poison? It's one thing to not like particular styles, which is absolutely fine, and another to attempt to attack. Heaux skins and shapes are getting very popular in SL by loads of avis and have an insane amount of great detail the more you zoom in the face. My only complaint is that nothing similar in style is to be found for Catwa HDPro heads.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

can anyone tell me where in this topic

is to find?
( in some aspects a 12 yr old system avi has better looks)

It's the look a lot of people are going for.  Young(ish) and from the pic, beat up or abused?  Ya know, edgy.  Although, to me, it ceases to be when everyone does it.  It seems every event has bruises, scratches and the last one I was at, cigarette burns.  It's ok, sort of, in an RP character but day to day, out and about, it's disturbing but to each their own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluntrollerrr said:

Thanks to everyone for their input!

I found a nice marketplace store I like for shapes (this is it for anyone interested, amazing $10 price per shape: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/206497) and I did purchase some Heaux skins to go with the shapes. So for now I am back to Genus, switching between Strange Face W001/W002 and Baby Face W001/W002. I do hate how fake the face animation HUD looks for Genus heads and also the eyes, I tried to fix them as much as I could and had to turn any face animations off.

I have attached my look for anybody interested.

Snapshot_002.png

for head animations, you could go to Vista Animations and try their animations for the genus head. I use it and the animations are very subtle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

It's the look a lot of people are going for.  Young(ish) and from the pic, beat up or abused?  Ya know, edgy.  Although, to me, it ceases to be when everyone does it.  It seems every event has bruises, scratches and the last one I was at, cigarette burns.  It's ok, sort of, in an RP character but day to day, out and about, it's disturbing but to each their own.

The scratches/wounds/scars topic is a bit irrelevant imo, as they are not part of the skin or something that Heaux makes to be fair. These are additional BOM tattoo layers which are replaceable by other ones (freckles, beauty marks, stretch marks, veins, etc). The skin is a layer underneath. I completely disagree for the abused look however. For me, my avi is representing a persona who has just come back from combat, not a cage slave.

Hey, I think you got it covered already, but Deetalez does have skins from CATWA HD PRO. Their body skins & add-on look very realistic in my opinion (even the knees are amazing), I'm less convinced by the head skins, they look fabulous but very young and smooth. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lauleetah said:

Hey, I think you got it covered already, but Deetalez does have skins from CATWA HD PRO. Their body skins & add-on look very realistic in my opinion (even the knees are amazing), I'm less convinced by the head skins, they look fabulous but very young and smooth. 

I shall visit that next! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, lauleetah said:

I can attest to this! My body skin is from DeeTaleZ and at one point I even wore their cellulite add-on lol but with their head skins you really need to put on layers like freckles or smile lines to give them character and realism. I think that is what makes faces look super realistic to me.

I don’t have Catwa HD Pro so I am not confident with recommending shops, but do BOM skins for other heads sit nicely on the HDPro?

1 hour ago, Bluntrollerrr said:

The scratches/wounds/scars topic is a bit irrelevant imo, as they are not part of the skin or something that Heaux makes to be fair. These are additional BOM tattoo layers which are replaceable by other ones (freckles, beauty marks, stretch marks, veins, etc). The skin is a layer underneath. I completely disagree for the abused look however. For me, my avi is representing a persona who has just come back from combat, not a cage slave.

As I said, they're fine in an RP setting/character.  I said nothing about a cage slave or anything even remotely like that.  Abuse i.e. bruises, black eyes, cigarette burns, are things that happen to people in RL and to me, at least, it seems insensitive to wear them out shopping or clubbing as a sort of fashion accessory.  If you wear them yourself as an RP character, then what I said wouldn't apply to you.

And I was replying to @Alwin Alcottand his remark.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

what do bruises and scratches do to make it "realistic" it has nothign to do with realistic it adds just bruises... the skins are as overly painted with make up as the 12 yr olds are.
So my question stays... what is the "realistic"on these. For me now it sounds that 'realistic" is as meaningless as "cute" is used for some fashion/skin stream.

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what do bruises and scratches do to make it "realistic" it has nothign to do with realistic it adds just bruises... the skins are as overly painted with make up as the 12 yr olds are.
So my question stays... what is the "realistic"on these. For me now it sounds that 'realistic" is as meaningless as "cute" is used for some fashion/skin stream.

I think that RowanMinx made a genuine mistake by going slightly off-topic and commenting on the body's part of appearance, and specifically on BoM effects, when the topic was exclusive about the head/face with respect to its skin (and shape). It would perhaps make more sense to conversate about that in a topic where the OP specifically asks for effects such as bruises on the body.

On another note, you are asking what is realistic on Heaux skins... Please do try to demo their skins and you will be surprised that the more you zoom in, the more you can see all those human "imperfections"/realistic traits, such as pores, lines under the eyes, puffy eyes, etc. That is the realistic part that I was talking about. Additionally, what part of this pic is overly painted with makeup, because I barely see any makeup? 

[Heaux] Vera

Or any of Heaux's skins for that respect? They are actually very mildly "painted with makeup" as you said. Can you kindly explain where the overly done makeup is? 

3 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Show me a thread that doesn't wander off topic now and then.  

What I could have said was...ya know, never mind.  

Great job!  Nothing unique at all but you'll fit right in.

It does occur to me that your purpose in this thread is to either attempt to insult or feel insulted (correct me if I am wrong, but this is the vibe you are repeatedly and purposely manifesting). You still have not answered anything relevant to this topic, other than your first post. Even your answer to Alwin's post was irrelevant, as he clarified to you, he made a point about makeup on faces, but you just had to make it about abuse and lack of being unique. If you have nothing of value to add, such as recommend more shops (in-world or marketplace links), which is the purpose of this thread, then please try to calm down and look at another thread that does not upset you so much.

With that in mind, take care and stay safe. 

• Haha 2

You say you wanted realistic in your look.  You posted a picture of the finished product which included scratches and bruises.  This IS reality for a lot of people and I find it disturbing and insensitive when people run around, out of an RP setting, looking like that.  So yes, I'm going to comment on it.

There are other people on these forums that have mentioned being in abusive relationships in RL.  I have a close friend who went through it.  It's not something I'll be quiet about.  

Btw, I'm perfectly calm.

As to the animations, I'd definitely try the Vista.  Also, I've found the catwa unrigged eyes,  which work with any head, give a very realistic look as the pupils dilate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.