Super realistic face (skin and shape) for Catwa HDPro

Bluntrollerrr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, Bluntrollerrr said:

Please give me guidance on similar looking skins/shapes for faces made for CATWA HDPro heads.

Click the Discord link on the Settings tab of your HDPRO Style HUD and join the Catwa server. Quite a few skins are being posted in the female-skins-news channel there as they're released or go on offer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Click the Discord link on the Settings tab of your HDPRO Style HUD and join the Catwa server. Quite a few skins are being posted in the female-skins-news channel there as they're released or go on offer.

Does Catwa have a Flickr specifically for HDPRO?  I don't use discord but would love to see, all in one spot,  skins available.  I've been thinking about a switch eventually but it IS difficult seeing the skins hit or miss at various stores and events.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Does Catwa have a Flickr specifically for HDPRO?  I don't use discord but would love to see, all in one spot,  skins available.  I've been thinking about a switch eventually but it IS difficult seeing the skins hit or miss at various stores and events.

She doesn't, sorry. She has her own Flickr account, where she posts her new releases, and then she has the general Flickr group where anyone can post their looks using her products. The latter is a lot of work to look after, so adding more is not something that's on the radar right now.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Unfortunately, I do not use Flickr/Discord/anything similar to those accounts and feel not as invested as in creating one right now (but may have to consider it in the future, seeing as I am missing out on new stuff a lot). If you do know any specific stores that sell skins for Catwa HDPro looking similarly to what I described, I would be so grateful if you could share them. I am stuck with Genus for now, and it does not feel as satisfactory. 

Just went to check this: my fellow Catwa CSR Majer has apparently been curating a Flickr gallery of HDPRO skins. A quick glance at the latest ones in our Discord tells me the gallery is pretty up to date, so maybe have a glance through here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjbella/galleries/72157716173821608/

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I was just trying to search for that Skell. I had run across it awhile ago, and for the life of me I am not sure how you find galleries unless you get lucky and  stumble across a product that is curated into one. They can really be helpful when searching for specific things, and I think I might try to make a few of my own that I can point people to in world if they are struggling for options.

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Just went to check this: my fellow Catwa CSR Majer has apparently been curating a Flickr gallery of HDPRO skins. A quick glance at the latest ones in our Discord tells me the gallery is pretty up to date, so maybe have a glance through here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjbella/galleries/72157716173821608/

This is SO brilliant, you gave me exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

10 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

You say you wanted realistic in your look.  You posted a picture of the finished product which included scratches and bruises.  This IS reality for a lot of people and I find it disturbing and insensitive when people run around, out of an RP setting, looking like that.  So yes, I'm going to comment on it.

There are other people on these forums that have mentioned being in abusive relationships in RL.  I have a close friend who went through it.  It's not something I'll be quiet about.  

Btw, I'm perfectly calm.

As to the animations, I'd definitely try the Vista.  Also, I've found the catwa unrigged eyes,  which work with any head, give a very realistic look as the pupils dilate.

Years ago, a then-major skin maker, whose name I won't mention, came out with a group of skins called "Battle Royale." In those days, there were skins that simulated injuries of various sorts, but they were mostly for RP (although I remember, and still have a screenshot, of one entitled "Raped" that featured the word "WHORE" carved with a knife into the chest).

The creator claimed the skins were for combat RP, and possibly that was the original intention, but soon SL fashion blogs like JuicyBomb were featuring it on girls in pretty sun dresses and the like. It wasn't about RP anymore, but rather a kind of "abuse chic." Gashes, black eyes, abrasions, bloody noses as "decorative" and fashion features. And the creator, whatever her initial intention, decided this was a good thing, and began to market the skins as a fashion accessory. (It was Prok, interestingly, who first drew my attention to the skins.)

I still vomit a little in my mouth whenever I remember the promo pics of happy smiling girls in pretty dresses, with blood running out of the corners of their mouth.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Years ago, a then-major skin maker, whose name I won't mention, came out with a skin called "Battle Royale." In those days, there were skins that simulated injuries of various sorts, but they were mostly for RP (although I remember, and still have a screenshot, of one entitled "Raped" that featured the word "WHORE" carved with a knife into the chest).

The creator claimed the skins were for combat RP, and possibly that was the original intention, but soon SL fashion blogs like JuicyBomb were featuring it on girls in pretty sun dresses and the like. It wasn't about RP anymore, but rather a kind of "abuse chic." Gashes, black eyes, abrasions, bloody noses as "decorative" and fashion features. And the creator, whatever her initial intention, decided this was a good thing, and began to market the skins as a fashion accessory. (It was Prok, interestingly, who first drew my attention to the skins.)

I still vomit a little in my mouth whenever I remember the promo pics of happy smiling girls in pretty dresses, with blood running out of the corners of their mouth.

I don't get bent out of shape about much in SL.  We're all free to explore the world as we choose.  I also know I have the choice not to buy things I find offensive.  What I do find disturbing is the abuse trend that has started up again.  To me, it's not edgy, it's not "in", it's not something I imagine most people want to see.  

The latest thing I saw for sale at a major event were cigarette burns.  Why?  As I said previously, if you're in an RP setting/region, I don't care as I don't visit those for the most part.  If you're standing around at a music venue or a store I'm at, it's offensive and probably is to others.  Is that the point?  Are they trying to shock people?  I just do not understand the appeal.

Back on topic.  Big thanks to @Skell Daggerfor the Flickr link!  I saw a few I really liked so may have to demo the heads again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I don't get bent out of shape about much in SL.  We're all free to explore the world as we choose.  I also know I have the choice not to buy things I find offensive.  What I do find disturbing is the abuse trend that has started up again.  To me, it's not edgy, it's not "in", it's not something I imagine most people want to see.  

The latest thing I saw for sale at a major event were cigarette burns.  Why?  As I said previously, if you're in an RP setting/region, I don't care as I don't visit those for the most part.  If you're standing around at a music venue or a store I'm at, it's offensive and probably is to others.  Is that the point?  Are they trying to shock people?  I just do not understand the appeal.

Yeah, this pretty much exactly.

What someone does in the privacy of their own bedroom, dungeon, or skybox is, so long as it's fully consensual, none of my business. (Although, you know, if the thought of beating up women gives a guy a hard on, maybe he could add that to his Tinder profile so that I know right away which way to swipe?)

But when it's in the public eye, even in an adult area (excepting areas that are clearly marked as devoted to such activities, like BDSM clubs or CARP sims), representations of violence and abuse run the risk of re-traumatizing victims, and tend to normalize sexual and domestic violence.

Do it on your own dime, sweetheart, and don't make me an unwilling witness to and, by extension, participant in your violent kink.

(And of course, by "you" I don't mean you, Rowan.)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

run the risk of re-traumatizing victims

So do many others things. I imagine people with severe phobias are not amused when they face their fears in SL either, but does it mean that people who run fantasy avatars (for the most obvious example: giant spiders) should stop doing that in public? Nope. Or another example - epilepsia. Some of my sci-fi outfits happen to have a bunch of glowing, flashing, blinking and spinning parts, which are probably not a great sight to see for someone who suffers from it. Does it mean that I should only use them at home? Nope.

I, too, find some of things in SL are not pleasant to see, but as long as it's within SL ToS, region's adult rating and the place's rules I believe it's not in anyone's right to dictate others what is right or wrong. Or, you know, there are probably some highly religious people who are very offended by women not covering their heads even in SL, because it's against their beliefs and it's as wrong to them (and even against the law in some countries) as the domestic violence to us. Does it bother you? I kinda doubt it does. So the fact that a certain something offends you or anyone else shouldn't bother other people as well. You are always free to block them (on any viewer), or derender (on some viewers).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I personally find some wound marks give a bit of realism. Definitely not black eyes or cig burns. But irl, my skin's not airbrushed to perfection like sl skin. I give myself scratch marks and bruised knees all the time! To me at least, not all wounds represent abuse. That's also probably why the "realistic" look might mean different things to different people.

• Like 1

A lot of pointing fingers in this thread and once again, going off-topic. But I feel like the amount of non-sense that has been said, needs pointing out.

Scylla Rhiadra, should I be offended that your first name (Scylla) means bi**h in Greek (scylla-σκύλα - look it up if you do not believe me)? Because your example of what offends people is really pointless. I completely empathise with trauma, but this is a game to be explored by people in the way they seek fit, and not sit and think of a million ways their avatar could be disturbing others (which can go as far as too much/too little clothing, as it has been pointed out). If you do not tolerate sexists dictating how much clothing you have on you, why would you become them essentially, to dictate my skin's imperfections (e.g. scars)? I am not going to go through a process of removing every wound on my body before I go shopping because it disturbs you, and that applies to social events or any place I want to be really. You cannot and will not put a limit on who's welcome in public spaces based on their skin. People have wounds, scars, scratches from other things other than abuse anyway - I have RL scars from surgery that are still there. I have scratches on my body from my cat who likes to go crazy attack mode at midnight while I sleep. It IS realism having scars and scratches in SL for those who feel they want to have them. And my avatar is representing the chick who goes in combat and then comes back to chill in communal places after she's kicked some a** - why should I change who I am? I mean, if we go to that extent, why even change the people who do it because they have a kink, or a hard on as you mentioned for those things? That is what they like in an SL scenario, up to them to express themselves that way. I didn't see any of y'all complaining about the enormous butts and breasts 95% of female avatars are walking around, which are not even realistic. You only complain for what bothers you and you are trying to play the abused victim card. Derender/Blacklist/Do as you see fit. But do not dictate how others look like. It is the definition of discrimination and lack of tolerance of somebody who does not look the way you want them to look - a very dangerous pathway that often racists take (e.g. often dictating that certain people are too black and should have a lighter skin tone). You want to take that kind of route into your reasoning? I don't think you will enjoy SL as the game it is. And if you wanna bring up the topic about abused people in RL that play SL, well guess what? If this traumatises them, they should not be playing an open-game like this one. And I guess, they can't watch any movies either, because somebody gets a punch and it immediately terrorises them. Or you know, play a combat game like call of duty. Or you know, live at all because something somewhere will show something disturbing. Grow up. And in the end of the day, if you can't, then limit yourselves to what you see, not what others do with their appearance.

• Like 1

@BluntrollerrrFirstly, please try to calm down.

No where in any of my posts did I mention censoring anyone for anything.  I expressed my opinion on a picture and how it effects me.  You are free, as I said, to enjoy your SL as you choose.  But you did post it here on a public forum so anyone is free also to comment.  Yes, it's slightly off topic and again, you are free to report my posts as such.  That's your right.

The point of what I said was that I know I'm not the only one it bothers.  I would never say anything directly to you if I saw you inworld.  I would do as you mentioned.  I'd probably just block/derender your avatar.  Others, however, may not and may say something directly to you.  But you posted here, I made comments that were my opinion.  That's how forums work.

Btw, I'm fairly sure @Scylla Rhiadragot her name from the Greek myth.  A female sea monster who devoured sailors when they tried to navigate the narrow channel between her cave and the whirlpool Charybdis. In later legend Scylla was a dangerous rock, located on the Italian side of the Strait of Messina.  I have no knowledge of whether she has actually eaten any sailors but well, this IS SL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

@BluntrollerrrFirstly, please try to calm down.

No where in any of my posts did I mention censoring anyone for anything.  I expressed my opinion on a picture and how it effects me.  You are free, as I said, to enjoy your SL as you choose.  But you did post it here on a public forum so anyone is free also to comment.  Yes, it's slightly off topic and again, you are free to report my posts as such.  That's your right.

The point of what I said was that I know I'm not the only one it bothers.  I would never say anything directly to you if I saw you inworld.  I would do as you mentioned.  I'd probably just block/derender your avatar.  Others, however, may not and may say something directly to you.  But you posted here, I made comments that were my opinion.  That's how forums work.

Btw, I'm fairly sure @Scylla Rhiadragot her name from the Greek myth.  A female sea monster who devoured sailors when they tried to navigate the narrow channel between her cave and the whirlpool Charybdis. In later legend Scylla was a dangerous rock, located on the Italian side of the Strait of Messina.  I have no knowledge of whether she has actually eaten any sailors but well, this IS SL.

I ain't the one disturbed/annoyed in order to calm down - I am the one pointing out an undergoing discrimination. There is a difference. The ones annoyed/disturbed, well, we can see in a sum of two pages here who they are... You are the one that says in this very post you are bothered by certain appearances, such as ones with wounds/scars. I am not bothered by how people look.

Therefore, the one who needs to calm down is you and ultimately, accept people for their different appearances. You have a black avatar, I am not sure if you are black in RL, but to some degree, you must be aware of racism and discrimination. If I was coming here and say "Oh, black people in SL bother me so much, because I associate them with crime, and laziness, and slavery. I do not want to be looking at any black people over here, I am here to enjoy my time and not feel 'intimidated' by getting robbed and attacked by black people", is that not an unfair discrimination? Yes, there's loads of people who think that way about black people. RACISM IS REAL. Would I want to be a part of that? Never.

You put yourself as part of that, judging people's appearances without knowing their reasons for choosing to be having wounds/scars, the same way you wouldn't like to be judged for your appearance of a black female avatar. Is it more clear now of why this is wrong? You cannot label things as 'opinion' and having a right to comment on a public forum, when all you do is being discriminatory, just like a racist/sexist/homophobic would be. Do you realise now why I said "RowanMinx made a genuine mistake" in the start of the conversation? Because I was hoping you didn't realise what you had done and that it was a genuine error at your part. But it seems you still fail to acknowledge this error, to which point I feel no remorse in comparing you to a racist person. You do so willingly.

BTW, I am Greek, and I know exactly the origins of that female sea monster name, perhaps to a greater extent than you. The semantics are still the same - it means bi**h if you were to translate that name, it is the literal translation of the name. Including for that monster. I wasn't trying to insult. I was making an example.

1 minute ago, Bluntrollerrr said:

I ain't the one disturbed/annoyed in order to calm down - I am the one pointing out an undergoing discrimination. There is a difference. The ones annoyed/disturbed, well, we can see in a sum of two pages here who they are... You are the one that says in this very post you are bothered by certain appearances, such as ones with wounds/scars. I am not bothered by how people look.

Therefore, the one who needs to calm down is you and ultimately, accept people for their different appearances. You have a black avatar, I am not sure if you are black in RL, but to some degree, you must be aware of racism and discrimination. If I was coming here and say "Oh, black people in SL bother me so much, because I associate them with crime, and laziness, and slavery. I do not want to be looking at any black people over here, I am here to enjoy my time and not feel 'intimidated' by getting robbed and attacked by black people", is that not an unfair discrimination? Yes, there's loads of people who think that way about black people. RACISM IS REAL. Would I want to be a part of that? Never.

You put yourself as part of that, judging people's appearances without knowing their reasons for choosing to be having wounds/scars, the same way you wouldn't like to be judged for your appearance of a black female avatar. Is it more clear now of why this is wrong? You cannot label things as 'opinion' and having a right to comment on a public forum, when all you do is being discriminatory, just like a racist/sexist/homophobic would be. Do you realise now why I said "RowanMinx made a genuine mistake" in the start of the conversation? Because I was hoping you didn't realise what you had done and that it was a genuine error at your part. But it seems you still fail to acknowledge this error, to which point I feel no remorse in comparing you to a racist person. You do so willingly.

BTW, I am Greek, and I know exactly the origins of that female sea monster name, perhaps to a greater extent than you. The semantics are still the same - it means bi**h if you were to translate that name, it is the literal translation of the name. Including for that monster. I wasn't trying to insult. I was making an example.

Please try not to equate racism to a choice someone makes as to their appearance.  The only thing I WILL acknowledge in regards to my posts is that they strayed off topic.  

You are free to have your opinion just as I am free to have mine.  You've done the same as me.  Formed an opinion about my posts based on your ideas of what is right or wrong.  

I'll step out of this discussion now since we can go round and round ad nauseam.

11 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Please try not to equate racism to a choice someone makes as to their appearance.  The only thing I WILL acknowledge in regards to my posts is that they strayed off topic.  

You are free to have your opinion just as I am free to have mine.  You've done the same as me.  Formed an opinion about my posts based on your ideas of what is right or wrong.  

I'll step out of this discussion now since we can go round and round ad nauseam.

In SL, it is a choice to have a black female avatar. It is also a choice to have scars. Nobody forced you to have a black avatar, you made that decision yourself (the reason why? irrelevant, just as irrelevant the reason why people have scars in SL may be - e.g. you may be black in RL and want to be black in SL too to represent yourself better, or you may just like experimenting in SL and want to have a black avatar. It might be something else. Not the point. Now apply that reasoning for scars - I may have them in RL and want my avatar to represent that, I might just like the look of combat mode, it might be something else. Again, not the point).

In RL, it is not a choice to have black skin. It is also not a choice to have scars (given they are created by abuse/accidents).

If you do not wish to see the discrimination part, it is up to you. I will agree on one thing - it has been pointless having that discussion. Take care.

14 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Back on topic.  Big thanks to @Skell Daggerfor the Flickr link!  I saw a few I really liked so may have to demo the heads again.

I agree. Not much point in getting bent. Motivated to action is another possibility. And that has its own set of abuses. Unfortunately too many go fascist and try to control every one and thing so the world is as they want. People go nuts in all directions. So, all these annoying and distasteful things reveal us. Our extremes of action or apathy... everyone's balance points are different.

Generally observing and thinking, "They're ____ing nuts. Ain't that sad" is the wise course for us and them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.