Is there any point trying to list on MP at the moment?

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came here to ask about repeated Gateway Timeout, and today some Bad Gateway responses, at MP yet again today.  These are included in my own frustration at ongoing MP and breaks, communication...

I cannot convince myself this is good for retention, or anything else.  The only result from this today so far is I didn't end up spending, because I cannot get to the pages.  

It is Saturday, during a Pandemic.  No shocker, heavy traffic. 

Is there anything connected to MP these days that adjusts to heavy traffic as it occurs?  

Edited by Kyrie Deka

Shopping on the MP tonight was a painful grind. I nearly gave up but perservered. Waiting 30 seconds between every click is a dragggg. Oh and I had one failed delivery out of 3 purchases but it was there after relog.

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, animats said:

My vendor sales are way up and my Marketplace sales are down. Are others seeing this?

No, my Marketplace sales are steady and about what they have been for some months now.  Aside from someone coming in an playing the gacha machines for $6,000 (not a normal occurrence LOL)  I haven't had tons of inworld sales -- also the norm.   I did get a bad gateway message just now when trying to access my transaction history but a second try got me the list. 

I didn't expect this thread to suddenly become active after almost a week. I thought since nobody replied right away, the problems people reported were fixed.

15 hours ago, animats said:

My vendor sales are way up and my Marketplace sales are down. Are others seeing this?

What I see right now is that two of my stores, Chin Rey Houses, and OPQ Garden and Landscaping are pretty much back to normal. OPQ Builders' Supplies, my full perm store, is still almost dead though. (Bel's Scripts and OPQ Interior are also all but dead but that's nothing new - I never got around to do much in those two fields.)

This seems to fit both what animats and what Chic are saying, "consumer goods" are selling as normal on MP while building components are down.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, animats said:

My vendor sales are way up and my Marketplace sales are down

Lucky me, I refer all to the MP from inworld.

And today, this. Retrying I get in, sure.  Like 1999.  But is the new expected norm today to get this or the Gateway thing routinely?  I suppose it now seems like it is.  

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #6.fef2e17.1610999290.3a7b2c4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.