Question to creators.....

Josephine Carissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

I am wondering why more creators don't do their sales on the MP ? I'm sure it is a ton of work to change all those prices on products....but....it seems like it would certainly be worth it. A certain home decor store did this for this past weekend/week and by all accounts i'm not the only one who purchased most everything in the store. A female clothing store puts their weekend special in their MP store every week. I want to purchase your products but i have a difficult time loading in a laggy/busy sim so i get frustrated and give up.

Kindest Regards,

Josephine

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Josephine Carissa said:

it is a ton of work to change all those prices on products

And then a ton of work to change each and every one back, including UNDER every single non-english-language tab per item and wait for it to update... its like Molasses - Yup!  

I dream of the day that I can go in to my full list of items, place a check for YES, place a check for X% OFF (which auto-applies that discount at checkout, and which *also* magically auto adds a [single line of text + two line breaks] to all of the YES-check item AD PAGES at the top which text says "Today - X% off this item - Discount applied at checkout!" - and until I REMOVE that YES-check the item does the same (ad page addition + discount applied at checkout).  

Great idea, I suspect there would be loads of support for doing so if there were an easier seller way to do so broadly/fast, and *Respect to one seller who in the past two months has actually (presumably) manually done so on a guh-ZILLION ad pages, hats off to you!* 

I flex pretty far when it comes to time invested to "fix" something myself. But there is a limit to quantity and time-investment per-fix that turns my "entertainment" time to pure no-fun-log-out-now.  I tried the sale ad thingy manually once, and I got four in and hit no-fun mud landslide :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

I am wondering why more creators don't do their sales on the MP ?

I can think of three very obvious reasons:

If you're running a sales campaign, you want it to be visible. On MP the listings will only drown in all the noise.

The entire merchants' side of MP is horrendously clumsily made and cumbersome to use so, as Kyrie said, you really don't want to edit your listings unless you have to.

If you're big enough a merchant to have an inworld store, you want to channel as much of your sales as possible through there. You still have to be on MP to catch the customers who only shop there but you certainly don't want to shift sales you could have had elsewhere to MP.

6 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

I want to purchase your products but i have a difficult time loading in a laggy/busy sim so i get frustrated and give up.

If a store is that laggy, the mechandise probably isn't very good either. ;)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marketplace right now has some significant bugs that make it potentially an issue for merchants.  I have been holding back on mass listing updates as a result (and also am turning off redelivery due to a major issue there).

LL did in fairness tell us no major work on Marketplace until the uplift project was complete.  But we do need to move towards a more scalable, suitable and efficient Marketplace model within 2021.  Let's hope it's on the roadmap - fingers crossed!

I did a Marketplace sale once when that was an optional part of Shop and Hop. NEVER again. I didn't sell anything more than usual and it was a WHOLE lot of work -- and not fun work. So that is pretty much why  -- I suspect anyway.

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

As someone that does both in world and MP, I only do a fraction of my stuff on the MP. The MP is just too buggy and poorly made to seriously use it.

Like so much else LL does, the MP is maintained by people that don't know what they're doing, don't use it, and don't listen to the people that do.

• Like 3

I may be wrong, but doesn't changing a listing (including the price) skew the listing in the search results? So if it was say, on page one, it's moved back as if it was a new listing? I recall this being a thing, but it may be a thing of the past.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to be the odd guy that likes the Marketplace. 

It lacks the royalty awards programs etc like Caspervend (you can integrate it but bit of work), 90% of my sales comes from MP and it's a great place if you know how to do product icons. Product icons will decide whether someone actually click in or not. And good stats to gauge conversion rate as well. 

Also MP is less in-world intensive I only do as much as rezzing a sample for people to check them out in world.

Great product = Conversion rate 15%+

Good product = Conversion rate 10%+

Stuff I would not make another variant for = Conversion rate below 10%

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.