Karen in the Second Life.

3333Shawn3333

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was just wear demo mesh head and mesh body, I will buy soon as possible, well every demo products that must have a logo around the body, right? However, at that time, the Karen was appear at Alantori store is because I was there first before she head however she uses with her voice call and called me ugly in the public although she was nude, is because she is a newbie doesn't know how to wear the clothe on, then I left the Alantori store. I don't know where is she come from?

Edited by 3333Shawn3333

16 answers to this question

21 hours ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

I agree, but like a person who dislike or hate the things better not to say but she wasn't, she was speak out with her voice call in front of me. I don't think she was joke because she called me ugly and didn't had to greeted me, so I left the Alantori store and teleport to home. I leaves her alone

If that is the worst thing that happens to you, you are doing quite well.  The words of a total stranger have no value.  You did the right thing by walking away.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

Did you guys had ever saw the abuser in Second Life before? Like a person who trying to bully you. There is a woman call "xxx" and she is only joined in yesterday, she is like a boss and she call me ugly is because I wear Asian avatar, but I'm sure she is Karen.

it's not allowed to name at the forums.
AR, block/mute her, and derender if it's in your viewer.

25 minutes ago, Jontho Kiyori said:

it's not allowed to name at the forums.
AR, block/mute her, and derender if it's in your viewer.

Oh, sorry I didn't know, but I had block her but can she able to check my profile even I block her?

Edited by 3333Shawn3333

36 minutes ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

Oh, sorry I didn't know, but I had block her but can she able to check my profile even I block her?

You should edit her name out of your original post.  The 3 ... In the upper right corner brings down the edit menu.

ETA..yes, she can still.see you and your profile if you block her.

Edited by RowanMinx

2 hours ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

Blocking someone only prevents them from contacting you -- chat, IM, giving you items, etc... -- and you'll see them as a grey blob if they happen to be near you.

They can still see your profile.  They can still try to chat or IM you and they will not even know that you are not receiving their messages.  

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Blocking someone only prevents them from contacting you -- chat, IM, giving you items, etc... -- and you'll see them as a grey blob if they happen to be near you.

They can still see your profile.  They can still try to chat or IM you and they will not even know that you are not receiving their messages.  

Yeah, I have tell her and block her but I can see her typing but didn't receive my message. She is so rude

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unless she's asking to speak to your manager, she ain't "Karen".

14029A72-391F-4EAD-BFAD-159CC503F9CE.jpeg

Oh yes she didn't  ask the manager but she called my avatar ugly although I wear Asian avatar, like if someone really don't like it but why is she use her voice call and call me ugly she sound rude

6 minutes ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

Oh yes she didn't  ask the manager but she called my avatar ugly although I wear Asian avatar, like if someone really don't like it but why is she use her voice call and call me ugly she sound rude

Don't get offended by what I'm going to say, but this is hilarious. In fact that person isn't a Karen, but a troll. It's really not nice if they call you ugly, but in itself it isn't abusive, just their opinion. There are much worse things that people can and do say in SL. Now if they said anything explicitly racist, though, you could have filed an abuse report in the Intolerance category, or Harassment, and stated the situation in that report, while making sure the chat window with their supposedly inappropriate messages is visible on the picture of the abuse report. Of course, if they didn't type this in chat, but said on voice, there's not much to do, just block them as others advised. Voice cannot really be moderated because it doesn't get recorded, and so it is usually a mess, and you better disable voice to avoid these things.

3 hours ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

However, at that time, the Karen was appear at Alantori store is because I was there first before she head however she uses with her voice call and called me ugly in the public although she was nude, is because she is a newbie doesn't know how to wear the clothe on, then I left the Alantori store.

If they were naked and the maturity rating of the region and the policy of the store don't allow it, you can file an abuse report on them for that too, and you can also contact the owner/management of the store, and tell them about the situation. Just be careful so that eventually it won't be you to become a Karen. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

Hon, my very first avatar was Hirajuku Male, so I'm feeling ya!

I'm surprised the liberals don't throw a fit about using 'Karen' in that way, given it is a term for an actual group of people.  The liberals (or the SJWs, at the very least) should be screaming about how that term denigrates this group of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_people

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

That is in no way "a Karen".

Nope, just the usual.SL troll and a good reason not to run around with voice enabled.  I, personally, have no need or desire to hear people I don't know prattle on about something I care nothing about.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

Don't get offended by what I'm going to say, but this is hilarious. In fact that person isn't a Karen, but a troll. It's really not nice if they call you ugly, but in itself it isn't abusive, just their opinion. There are much worse things that people can and do say in SL. Now if they said anything explicitly racist, though, you could have filed an abuse report in the Intolerance category, or Harassment, and stated the situation in that report, while making sure the chat window with their supposedly inappropriate messages is visible on the picture of the abuse report. Of course, if they didn't type this in chat, but said on voice, there's not much to do, just block them as others advised. Voice cannot really be moderated because it doesn't get recorded, and so it is usually a mess, and you better disable voice to avoid these things.

If they were naked and the maturity rating of the region and the policy of the store don't allow it, you can file an abuse report on them for that too, and you can also contact the owner/management of the store, and tell them about the situation. Just be careful so that eventually it won't be you to become a Karen. :)

I agree, but like a person who dislike or hate the things better not to say but she wasn't, she was speak out with her voice call in front of me. I don't think she was joke because she called me ugly and didn't had to greeted me, so I left the Alantori store and teleport to home. I leaves her alone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.