Home Stylings - 50 land impact challenge :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So here are some shots of the beach house I styled with 50 li.   Many rooms. Don't want to flood the feed. More photos can be found here:  https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2020/11/the-50-land-impact-styling.html

I LIKE IT!!!!

dining.thumb.jpg.4dcd34566e66b0dec0f4aa6290d09b94.jpg

living.thumb.jpg.d4bb3d9ca238cf4bc6bcedca71ef0055.jpg

I may take a look on that beach house. ❤️ You said it was Trompe Loeil?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So, I'm happy to take part in a decoration thread because I love decorating, and I'm happy to have Chic advertise her furniture and this other person advertise what look like very nice skybox rentals (although I personally charge less per prim and allow for a lot more prims).

I decided to see if I could get under the 50 prims with a very elaborate and primmy gatcha from Gimme Gatcha this round from "Why Not?" -- a maker not always to my taste but I thought if I play this gatcha, I will get a Christmas cabin and some stuff for probably just $1000 (you need to play 20 rounds to get the "Seeds of Inspiration", which in this case is a set of nice chairs).

It is a very elaborate gatcha with many pieces that would put you in the hundreds of prims because the items are primmy -- and it's a house that has a major physics problem so that you can't even enter it (although oddly enough it allows rezzing mesh). I looked all over to see if it was a previous building or trees blocking entrance but no. I sat inside of it and it is still blocky, so I wrote to the author, but meanwhile, let's see what we can do.

UPDATE: The creator Phil Setner got back to me within an hour of filing a ticket with him and sent me a copy of the rare gatcha house on phantom, which is one way to fix this physics problem (I just add prim walls) - I guess it wasn't quite fixable otherwise. As he pointed out, it's a height issue that taller avatars (like me, and he noted, himself, can't get through but shorter can. I guess he didn't feel comfortable putting the house on mod (where more could be done to fix it, i.e. just delinking part of it and phantomizing) but I'm happy now I can enter it, as can tenants. And what's more, he fixed the chair issue -- it is meant to stay plaid. So this is all in all workable now. I just need to get one more table to fit the desserts.

So I went to my winter rentals in Orelle where there is already snow so I don't have to use his snow base (17 prims! although very nice and helps align the house). The house itself is 95, which I can't afford to put out, really, in an area where I have "management prims don't count" -- but "why not," if he a) fixes the physics issue so many suffer from (he did(and which Chic has expounded on often) b) fixes myriad other problems, from the stuff not fitting on the tables (needs a different table in the setto the chairs not being able to return to their original plaid texture (he did) because he forget to put in that option in the tex change. So if you want to keep the nice plaid, don't click! If these items were on mod, I'd fix them in a jiffy, including the no-entry issue (put the door jams on phantom, that usually works). Any how...

Here's what it looks like with just 50 prims. A lonely Christmas, as I have to put only one chair at the fire place and one at the dining table, and sadly can't put out the very beautiful centerpiece for the dining table. The Christmas desserts do not deliver but are pretty, if 11 prims, but I wanted those more than a second chair (I will put a prim over them to make them deliver at least some figgy pudding which I have).

I really insist on deliverables in my rentals as you may know, so I ditched the centerpiece in favour of using my last 2 prims for anika's potato soup (the one without the nice stone underneath because that made it 3 prims). That way I can have something to eat at the table. I could only put one rug. I'd re-do that fireplace to ditch the angels which you see everywhere, even tho I like angels -- but it's on no mod. Another pet peeve. Still, certain things, if they are pretty, you use them, and try to work with it. What I liked about this house was the red bulbs and branches in the roof, in addition to the more traditional looking Christmas bulbs on the outside.

I am not ready for Christmas even after spending some time with this scene but here you go. I am going to do an additional entry!

Snapshot_186.jpg

Snapshot_185.jpg

Snapshot_184.jpg

Snapshot_183.jpg

Snapshot_182.jpg

It is fun to compare my styling to yours, because we are tackling this challenge totally different. Where I struggle to fit in every possible small knicknack, you go for a few items and open space. 👍

• Like 1

So I decided to shorten the list a bit to save your eyes.

Beginning with the fireplace wall, and working around the room. I can not say in detail how I have linked, since it is complicated, and goes criss - cross around the room. But I include a snapshot of the land impact. What is not registered in the snapshot, is the two no copy/ no mod items from Primpossible. I do not like such permissions, but I have to admit they are handy when every Li matter. The corner sofa is 1 Li and the combination tub – toilet – sink and mirror is 1 Li, bringing the total Li count up to 49.

1 wall: Floorplan Postcard Collection, Nove fireplace by EXmachina, leaning signs from Floorplan, Kazza botanical set bananaplant.

Window side: Apple Fall Boston print, Apple Fall drafting table and chair, Meshworx grafitti woman lamp, Backbone rack with toys, Mithral industrial bar lamp, Mudhoney Roman blind, Stockholm&Lima:Traveler's Reprieve Bed.

3 wall: Bazar Seattle set: All posters, clothing rack, nightstand barrel, neon lamp.

Wall with bath and sofa: Tile floor and brick wall made of a floor and wall I linked of a gift build from Apple Fall, Primpossible bathroom set, another Mithral industrial lamp, Primpossible corner sofa, Floorplan «The fossil elk» art, Kazza taioba pot, Apple Fall tribal print 1 & 2, Fancy decor Hampton rug, TBF wooden coffee table, Apple Fall wine bottle and glasses, Aluora single red rose, Primpossible sofa lamp, Bazar Toronto living room bookshelf.

Just for fun (I have strange ideas about fun) I unlinked what I had linked. I have saved 12 Li on my linking. My math is terrible, and what I learnt in school have vanished. But 12 out of 50 is a big percentage. It also allowed me to bring in a bit of personality, like the toy rack from Backbone (6 Li)and the Meshworx lamp (3 Li). I have an imaginary person in mind when I make these 50 Li setups.

Edited to add: The Mudhoney blinds have an alpha prim that control the different textures. When I have selected the texture I want, I unlink and delete it. It may sound like a small and unimportant object to get rid of, but if I should use blinds in many windows, it start to add up.

landimp_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Hey,  we made it to the "popular" post sidebar thingie (which I am not normally fond of LOL).   But hey. Fame is fame.  

Lots of good tips from Marianne.   I went back to my RP cottage and while there wasn't too much that I could add and link (I am not quite as into that as Marianne cause it is a mess simetimes when you want to make changes) I did find a "small set of bottles" that was TWO land impact. No need for that at all. I

deleted them and add a big new bush out front and a "private residence" sign right in front of my door.  Too many rude folks coming in from the Destination guide but I am guessing that will slow down in awhile). I still have one land impact I can use now. Oh the joy. 

• Like 1

Linking can be a pain to change. But since this is 1-2 rooms, I don't feel it is very big sets. I had a set in one Winchester house that was kitchen, entrance, bedroom and bathroom. 😖

That was really stupid.

If people start with linking 1 and 1 items together, instead of continue with 3, 4, 5 and up, it is easier to train with until it sits in the fingers. The best items to link is those who are one mesh part, or 2-3 mesh parts.

To reverse a link set, I select and unlink the items that simple objects, if possible. What is left is the most complicated one. And linking items with small parts barely visible is a really bad idea.

So... I got a cabin that has the fireplace included plus a bit clutter on the outside. We don't have to count it in? If a landlord placed out these cabins, I assume he would rent it out like this and not bother to change them. The rezzed out cabin with fireplace and stringlights etc is only 33 Li. This thread started as how to decorate a small rented space, so I pretend I am renting here, on my own land, lol.

I treated the deck outdoors as a part of the living space, lazy days in the hammock or the chairs. This is why I added the palm and a heron dot the i.

Revival Hammock 6 li*, Kazza encounter set 4 li*, Heron TLC 1 li, Palm Hayabusa 1 li, Kalopsia daybed 4 li, We’re closed rocking chair, 2 li, Soy one door fridge 5 li, Roost nautical prints 2 li, Gacha AF boat oars 2 li, 8f8 kitchen bench 3 li

DRD Gardenhouse terrace table, 2 Unflat stuff rustic wall lantern + kettle + coffee grinder + table lantern , 2 Soy knotted hangling cloth, Malone dusty rug, Soy gas burner, floorplan boat rack, Apple Fall Pan rack = 18 li

Total 48 li

*Edited off 2 poles *Edited off plant, butterflies, shadow.

landimp_002.jpg

landimp_003.jpg

landimp_004.jpg

landimp_005.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 7

For those of you not paying attention to the SSP thread (Chic waves hands) the stilt home lands are on the map now and will be available  SOON (tm).  Now THAT would be a challenge. I have a friend (maybe two) that will let me in briefly to play.

But it seems like a lot more people are WATCHING us than participating LOL.   I get that. What can seem like fun to some folks -- is work to others.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

For those of you not paying attention to the SSP thread (Chic waves hands) the stilt home lands are on the map now and will be available  SOON (tm).  Now THAT would be a challenge. I have a friend (maybe two) that will let me in briefly to play.

But it seems like a lot more people are WATCHING us than participating LOL.   I get that. What can seem like fun to some folks -- is work to others.   

Yes, but the Stilts let us use 371 li, like other homes, and that goes a long way. I don't have any Bellisseria homes now. Even if I have another houses that are "done", I hesitate to tear them down because they are so big. So these small 50 li setups is like snack. I get a yummy morsel without pulling out all the cooking pots and utensils.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, but the Stilts let us use 371 li, like other homes, and that goes a long way. I don't have any Bellisseria homes now. Even if I have another houses that are "done", I hesitate to tear them down because they are so big. So these small 50 li setups is like snack. I get a yummy morsel without pulling out all the cooking pots and utensils.

I meant seeing what you could do with ONLY 50 LI in a stilt home. I was amazed at how well the Tromple Loeil house turned out and it is NOT SMALL.  

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I meant seeing what you could do with ONLY 50 LI in a stilt home. I was amazed at how well the Tromple Loeil house turned out and it is NOT SMALL.  

Hmm. I pass on doing 50 li in a Stilt house.... I think. I love my clutter. You have a cleaner style with more air, and the Trompe house comes with fireplace and kitchen. The Stilt homes will be totally plain inside.

A 5 li platform bed with good LODs is out at CRATE for Saturday sale. I went over and looked at it. Good LODs and nice textures. It is very "not me" but definitely a good land impact bargain. The crate is 2 li but I would put a plant and some books or other clutter there anyway.

image.png.7f98c8d117ca523171573d9a098e66b8.png

• Like 6

For those of you who don't watch announcements there are just now vacancies coming up from folks who weren't "really there" or "left" or whatever at Snowglobe where this all began. 

AND BEING JOHNNY ON THE SPOT I GOT MY FAVORITE HOUSE. 

Doing happy happy dance.

image.thumb.png.1ff76b57451cbefc7f8455e285dc51c1.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 5

The house I was working to fill is "llorisen // menke duplex loft".

• ^Upcycled^ Adirondack Chair, originally 4 LI, hacked to 1 LI
  • Crate "Up in Smoke" fire pit group gift, 1 LI
  • ^Upcycled^ Dog House, 2 LI

Greg_50LIchallenge00.thumb.png.522b7472e83dd31aa2e5674f7d5c74ba.png

• {vespertine}small spaces kitchen, 5 LI
  • ::DisturbeD:: Stockholm Table & Bench Set, 2 LI
  • ChiMia:: Kitchen Trolley, 1 LI
  • KraftWork Chalk Fridge - Sept17 GROUP GIFT, 2 LI
  • *Dench Designs* The English Dinner Placemat, 3 LI
  • Not Sorry! Wine cart, 5 LI (I could remove it make it a dry household.)

Greg_50LIchallenge04.thumb.png.de4321ebb4a68d5cdb1cfe516185efc4.png

Greg_50LIchallenge05.thumb.png.83e223b3eba2b6469dc6322bfbb66ec5.png

• ~BAZAR~Glam MALE closet: Glam-MALE closet 02 WHITE, 3 LI. Glam-MALE closet 01 WHITE, 1 LI. Glam-MALE closet 06 WHITE, 1 LI. Glam-MALE closet 04 WHITE, 2 LI.
  • {XO} Full Perm Amira Vanity & Makeup , 2 LI assembled (off camera)
  • Meli Imako, Full Perm MI Traditional Iron Bed, 1 LI

Greg_50LIchallenge03b.thumb.png.5d70f6280fa6669241bda573fccdba24.png

• Library of the Empire - Modular System Bookcase 1.3, 6 LI assembled.
  • Apple Fall Plant Stand, Tall - Iron, 1 LI
  • Apple Fall Baby Pomegranate Spray - Clay Pot, 1 LI
  • *Dench Designs* Animesh Granny Sofa, 2 LI
  • Not Sorry! Classic Chair, 3 LI
  • KraftWork Heathrow, 1970 Poster group gift, 1 LI each (link 2 together, reduces to 1 LI)
  • ^Upcycled^ Bulletin Board "Plain", 1 LI

Greg_50LIchallenge01.thumb.png.a717ab007dccb37aa64b4c2336b0d1d7.png

Greg_50LIchallenge02.thumb.png.e41a199c258026c84567094b70e35bf6.png

TOTAL LI: 50

• Like 8

I went and rented one of the skyboxes on Snow Globe once I found this challenge.  I was lucky that  a few were still open.   Then I got to work decorating it.  I started with a bedroom and decided that I just really wanted a nice living room area to sit and enjoy the Christmas music.  I used all 50 prims allowed.   Check out my post for info on the items at https://gemsfinds.blogspot.com/2020/11/50-land-impact-challenge.html

Xmas House 2.png

Xmas House.png

• Like 7

So I spent the evening and early morning decorating my NEW CABIN. So love it!!!   And for Snow Globe visitors I have put out a little library that gives book stacks (this was up in Belli so same books for those that already have them). Come by and pick them up. Not far from the rental building. 

1170400837_littlelibray.thumb.jpg.2b8cc22b7649b248b7b66d81b083ca74.jpg

Since Caspervend is offline so are the rentals but it looks like there will be vacancies throughout the winter as people come and go and the owner does a sweep of those "not really there". So check back often. 

279079714_woodstove.thumb.jpg.a9925dc43265e093474a34bb3c10a27d.jpg

I used much of what I had in the skybox, made a brick stove backing (.5 and we need to keep the safety level up) and added some more of my own stuff (honestly it is just the lowest prim count stuff I have LOL).  I splurged a bit on the wood stove area but very happy with it.  

1041681985_acozywinterhome.thumb.jpg.1e063145994d08776ee58fde44a8670a.jpg

I also bought the new rocking chair from Dutchie. Amazingly it is also texture change (a bit of a mystery to get there but a happy surprise).  I have one land impact left for a holiday tree or whatever.  

to be continued with more photos. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 8

I really love this little cabin (physics issues one more time -sigh, but we do learn how to work around those, don't we?)  So many lovely details.  

1998118393_officecabin.thumb.jpg.d0cead4fce1afc2c10bbabe4571734aa.jpg

I made a small office in an alcove and retextured some photo frames to match the desk and chair. 

471603521_livingroomcabin.thumb.jpg.63bd9213b348128f19a8c60e54b987ea.jpg

The living room furniture is the same and there is a cadenza and painting and clutter in the entry. 

entry.thumb.jpg.d58825e138da259166ed22fa945513af.jpg

And that's the story.

PS. There is also a two land impact impressive light fixture WAY up in the ceiling that may disappear eventually for holiday accents.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Jupiter Firelyte said:

You're so lucky @Chic Aeon. I've been trying to get a home on the ground and subscribed to be notified, but no luck. And I learned they can be reserved, but I can't reserve one. I'm going to keep trying, but I'm getting the sense it's not gonna happen.

You just needed to be online when the group notice came -- or have them come to email. There were three houses available at that time. So if you have group notices turned off== I suggest you turn them back on. There will supposedly be "sweeps" fairly often for folks not really there and or haven't paid rent (not sure what the criteria is).   

But yes, I was REALLY FAST. I went over to see if 3 was the one I had been lusting over and it was. And I sent a message supper speedily.  The other two were  available for awhile after that so you didn't have to be THAT fast LOL.  

That "let me know" thing is part of the vendor system so nothing to do with our landlady really.  You can look in the notices to see what was said. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You just needed to be online when the group notice came -- or have them come to email. There were three houses available at that time. So if you have group notices turned off== I suggest you turn them back on. There will supposedly be "sweeps" fairly often for folks not really there and or haven't paid rent (not sure what the criteria is).   

But yes, I was REALLY FAST. I went over to see if 3 was the one I had been lusting over and it was. And I sent a message supper speedily.  The other two were  available for awhile after that so you didn't have to be THAT fast LOL.  

That "let me know" thing is part of the vendor system so nothing to do with our landlady really.  You can look in the notices to see what was said. 

Unfortunately,  I can't join the group; it's for tenants only. You have to be in the group to know when they become available and to be able to reserve them, but you can't join the group unless you're already a tenant.

I subscribed to be notified by CasperTech and managed to get in fast enough to see a skybox was available, but I'm after one of the houses on the ground. I chatted with the owner yesterday and she honestly told me I had a very slim chance of grabbing one. So, I'll have a look when I get the notice in my email, but I'm not getting my hopes up. In the meantime, I'm looking out for some other cute winter holiday homes.

Edited by Jupiter Firelyte
Grammar

1 hour ago, Jupiter Firelyte said:

Unfortunately,  I can't join the group; it's for tenants only. You have to be in the group to know when they become available and to be able to reserve them, but you can't join the group unless you're already a tenant.

I subscribed to be notified by CasperTech and managed to get in fast enough to see a skybox was available, but I'm after one of the houses on the ground. I chatted with the owner yesterday and she honestly told me I had a very slim chance of grabbing one. So, I'll have a look when I get the notice in my email, but I'm not getting my hopes up. In the meantime, I'm looking out for some other cute winter holiday homes.

OH, I thought you had a skybox and THEN wanted a cabin. Skyboxes are of course easier to get as there are more.  Well I have no plans to leave BUT there have been quite a few folks in the houses come and go in just a week and a half. Partly it is the "prim" thing I think as it IS difficult to decorate with only 50 land impact.  And some of those houses are really big, so at best you could set up camp in a living room or bedroom.  

I looked a long while last year for a snow home for the winter and never found one.  So maybe getting a skybox so you could at least be in the group would be a plan.   The skyboxes are quite nice and if you are around you can spy any departing folks etc.  

But who knows what will turn up. Just keep looking in the classified and here on the forums.    And good luck to you!!!!

• Like 1

So this was a fun challenge that turned into a prim scrimping obsession for me. For days since I started, all I've thought about was how to save on prims and still have that full living space look. I didn't know if I could pull it off but here it is. Total prim count use is 39 prims. I might add more later on or not, but only if I find good low prim holiday decor. Suggestions would be much appreciated if you know of any good ones. 😋

all.PNG

Bedroom.PNG

Dinning Area.PNG

Living Room.PNG

• Like 12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.