how to update maturity level for MP

JessiCaren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, JessiCaren said:

How to update maturity level so one can purchase adult things.

Running FireStorm, 

Thanks,

In the top left menu of your viewer choose preferences, then general.. You will see the G and the M for General and Moderate.. Just click the scroll option next to those and add A for Adult.. before you close preferences, choose either save or ok. I forget which it is..

16 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

One of my alts has had a big problem getting the Adult rating to stick. Have lost out a few times when people tried to gift an adult item and it couldn't accept them because of the rating reverting to General :(

To obtain the full maturity levels, a payment method has to be set up and accepted. This is pretty clearly documented. What is not clearly documented is that you also had to have to use it to get the full registration to activate, e.g.. purchase some L$. I think this is still true, with the change to Tilia.

It has certainly tripped people up in the past. Could that have been the case for your alt? People don't readily associate the eventual purchse of L$ and the mysterious opening up of maturity ratings together, either, when suddenly it all does all work as required.

Edited by Odaks
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Odaks said:

To obtain the full maturity levels, a payment method has to be set up and accepted. This is pretty clearly documented. What is not clearly documented is that you also had to have to use it to get the full registration to activate, e.g.. purchase some L$. I think this is still true, with the change to Tilia.

It has certainly tripped people up in the past. Could that have been the case for your alt? People don't readily associate the eventual purchse of L$ and the mysterious opening up of maturity ratings together, either, when suddenly it all does all work as required.

I can send my alt adult rated items from the MP and she has no payment info on file.  She can also purchase on the MP herself without having payment info.  Anyone can access adult areas without payment info on file.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Odaks said:

This is incorrect.  I just tested it with an alt who has no payment method on file or used, and she has G,M,A set in her Marketplace account.

You do need payment info in order to buy L$, but if you already have L$ (from wages, games, another avatar) or are buying L$0 items, you do not need payment info in order to purchase from the MP.  You only need payment info for MP purchases if you do not have enough L$ to pay for whatever you are wanting to buy.  The system will then need to purchase L$ for you to complete your purchase.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

This is simple, not sure why people make it complicated. Log into MP, type in t shirts in the search set your ratings to GMA, hit search. Then just click the MP name up in the left upper corner. Maturity rating set, now you can see and buy adult things.

Your viewer has nothing to do with MP maturity settings, you can set maturity ratings all you want in FS preferences. That has to do with sim ratings and in world content but wont change anything in FS even if you use in world browser plug in. It has nothing to do with Alt, payment info, you have to set the maturity ratings for MP the way I showed you each time you change it manually or clear cookies in your browser.

Edited by Gem Oxygen
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Can you test if your other alt can gift that alt an Adult item? 

I just sent my alt an Adult item - the alt has no payment info on file.

ETA:  I just logged the alt in to verify she received it.  She did.  Not applicable in this matter, but her inworld viewer preferences are set to "General and Moderate".   Her MP defaults to General, but she does have the ability to select any of the levels, including Adult.

I played around with the alt on the MP.  Since her setting defaults to General, when I went to the 'Received Gifts' area and clicked on the item, she got a message saying it exceeded her setting of General (thought there was a "see it anyway' link).  No matter how many times I changed the Maturity levels setting, it did not actually "stick" until I changed it and actually entered a Search value.  Then I could log out and back in and the level stuck.  Once the level change stuck, then I could view the gifted item without any warnings.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have set all that for my alt and yet still get this when either my main account or someone else tries to gift her an Adult item.

Adding to cart as gift

***** ******** can not accept items of this maturity level
Enter recipient's first & last SL name

Based on the experiences of others here, I'd probably open a Support ticket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I dredged up information from the back of my mind that referred to accessing Adult land, as opposed to Adult content. 

Accessing Adult land, as far as I am able to verify, requires payment information to be on file and/or age verification, depending on how the land has been set up.

Accessing Adult content only appears to need age verification, and should be able to be set by the Resident in Preferrences.

So I was indeed wrong in my earlier post. It should be a simple matter to set access to Adult content, provided that an "over 18" date of birth has been registered. A support case should solve if it won't work.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Odaks said:

I think I dredged up information from the back of my mind that referred to accessing Adult land, as opposed to Adult content. 

Accessing Adult land, as far as I am able to verify, requires payment information to be on file and/or age verification, depending on how the land has been set up.

Accessing Adult content only appears to need age verification, and should be able to be set by the Resident in Preferrences.

So I was indeed wrong in my earlier post. It should be a simple matter to set access to Adult content, provided that an "over 18" date of birth has been registered. A support case should solve if it won't work.

In my experience, most adult places/land are not set to payment info on file.  That's why a lot are full of new people.  

• Like 2

Payment info is not required by LL to access Adult regions, though some region or parcel owners might require such.

Real 'age verification' has not actually been a thing in forever.  As long as you give a birthday at signup that puts you at age 18 or over, you can then set your preferences however you wish and access all the Adult content & places that you desire.  If you gave a birthday that puts you at 16 or 17 years old, you'll only have General available to you.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:52 AM, Arielle Popstar said:

One of my alts has had a big problem getting the Adult rating to stick. Have lost out a few times when people tried to gift an adult item and it couldn't accept them because of the rating reverting to General :(

On 11/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

I have set all that for my alt and yet still get this when either my main account or someone else tries to gift her an Adult item.

Adding to cart as gift

***** ******** can not accept items of this maturity level
Enter recipient's first & last SL name

On one of my accounts, I could not get the Maturity Level setting to stop reverting to General until I did the following:  Change it to 'General, Moderate, Adult' and then actually Search for something.  Once I actually did a Search, I could log out and come back and the Maturity Levels stuck.  Some change in the MP must be preventing that from sticking unless you actually use it for searching.

image.png.b5be9795c957a1db6cde544dc340a80e.png 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

On one of my accounts, I could not get the Maturity Level setting to stop reverting to General until I did the following:  Change it to 'General, Moderate, Adult' and then actually Search for something.  Once I actually did a Search, I could log out and come back and the Maturity Levels stuck.  Some change in the MP must be preventing that from sticking unless you actually use it for searching.

image.png.b5be9795c957a1db6cde544dc340a80e.png 

I tried this but the problem remained. I should point out that it isn't a problem with the alt herself searching or buying Adult content but that no one else can gift her Adult content. That is what makes it a bit strange. She is allowed to buy it herself but not have it gifted to her.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Odaks said:

That was, oh, years and years ago, I think it was around the time that the Teen Grid was closed and the Lab tried to get everyone to provide RL ID. And it did not last long. I think all you need to do now is put in a date of birth on account creation.

I have no payment details on file for Nelya, who is able to access adult land (and adult MP content) without any problem.

9 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I should point out that it isn't a problem with the alt herself searching or buying Adult content but that no one else can gift her Adult content. That is what makes it a bit strange. She is allowed to buy it herself but not have it gifted to her.

That is indeed very strange. If the alt is able to see and purchase adult content for herself, then her maturity settings must already be set up correctly. So if the main account or other people cannot gift her with adult items, something has hiccupped in the back-end and it will need a support ticket to fix.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.