Looking to develop a new comer friendly club, but need help

brandiclines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a new region owner with a building I would like to try developing a new comer friendly dance club/bar/hang out in, but I do not know how to go about setting up things like that in SL. I am looking for someone that knows how to get a place going that is willing to help with setup and promotion. And possibly management of the club once it is going.

Mods: If there is a better forum grouping for this please move the post there.

• Like 1

You need a hook to get people interested. You can set up the new club and advertise the heck out of it and still get nobody showing up. Most new clubs fail within a couple months. I hope you have a deep pocket. The only one who really doesn't get paid for a club is the owners. You pay for the DJs, hosts, dancers. They aren't going to care if only 3 showed up, They'll still expect to be paid. I won't even consider DJing for a new club for less than 1500L per set (offset by tips). Been screwed over too many times when it's been the owner, host, a couple of owners friends and not of them are going to tip me.

The #1 strategy to getting people to your hangout spot is to already have the people.

If you're alone in your club and a new visitor shows up, they're gonna look at a ghost town with one lonely person in there. That's not a very interesting place to spend your time at. If you have a dozen or so friends who you can get to stick around your club, you have a better chance of getting new people to actually stay around, and slowly grow that way.

• Like 1

Along with Wulfie's comment -- and I know nothing about clubs really --- I would like to add that in Sansar, the official "club" at the entrance hub had many stylized dancing animesh (or equivalent there) dancers. Now they were VERY stylized and obviously not "real" avatars, but they still added a lot to the atmosphere. So if you could get some good quality dancing animesh  background dancers that aren't terribly laggy that would likely do a lot for the ambiance.

I haven't been in Sansar for awhile but it is likely that they are still there --- if you make an account and go to the main hub area you could see the effect.  

There are lots of ways to advertise.  See my blog post, "Ads, Ads, Ads!" However, in your specific case there is a problem with all those methods: newbies don't know how to use them, and/or won't see them.

There are three things that almost all newbies want: money, sex, and a better avatar appearance.  If you can position your club to offer at least one of these things, and manage to get your teleport information in front of a lot of newcomers, your club will be a big success.

Welcome to SL and the Forums brandiclines

Join Hostess and DJ Hire groups and put in an Ad seeking Event Managers and Hosts

Pick a theme an example sandbox desert oasis with a club in the middle surround by a moot, or modern day street elves ..or a big ice cave with ice furniture on a frozen world

If you want to build a community it has to have goals and a budget.

You might be better off joining other communities as a volunteer 1st to see how challenging it can be and to be better prepared. so be prepared for long term commitment.

20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There are three things that almost all newbies want: money, sex, and a better avatar appearance.  If you can position your club to offer at least one of these things, and manage to get your teleport information in front of a lot of newcomers, your club will be a big success.

Except that then you’ll have a club full of new people seeking money, sex or a better avatar appearance. 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Contests, raffles with gift certificate prizes may help.  Ad boards, rent ad boards.  Put in your description you rent ad boards.

Also, maybe make it a club for all kinds of avatars or have "freak" events and contests where you can be whatever kind of avatar you want to be.

Do you all think SL needs just another pick-up for sex joint and only humans?  Aren't there enough of those already? 

There is a cute bumper car ride on MP I saw and I thought that might be fun to have.   

Edited by FairreLilette

My thought had been a goth theamed club (location is a gothic church) and while I would like the club to be new comer friendly I do not want just new comers. While I am not in SL for any kind of sex stuff I am fine if folks used the club as a pick up joint, but again want to stay NC friendly. I would be happy just being the land lord and renting the location out to be used as a club by someone else.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.