You sure , your alt ,no

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Un-named store delivers gifts using their group list - but not in notices. Kind of them.

I signed up alt for group as they have a Linden home , they never get the gifts. Checked with friends- same deal for them- only one acct gets the gifts.. Not a one off but for over a year.

How can the store owner know who is an alt?  All those gizmos were banned, right? Indeed a trial alt I had join never even went to the region so wasn't scan-able if they tried.

4 minutes ago, Mari Moonbeam said:

All those gizmos were banned, right?

The what?

Anyway, there is no way of knowing which accounts belong together, at least not in such a general way. The best people can do is making a good guess.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

If it is the brand I believe it is, only those who bought full priced stuff get the gifts. I tried too register alts, and got nothing.

The members list must be washed and those that never made a purchase, exuded.

If the group is free to join and lots of people only join the group just to get the freebies, or sometimes super discounted items, I can somewhat understand a merchant creating an exclusive list of purchasers to get special gifts.  

2 hours ago, Mari Moonbeam said:

I signed up alt for group as they have a Linden home

Regardless of which alt owns one of my Linden homes, I do all the decorating and thus don't bother with making them members of any group just for house stuff.  To me, it is just easier that way.

Personally, if a store only gave gifts to those that did full price purchases, then I might reconsider joining said group and possibly even shopping there any more.  There are some stores I like, but think their stuff is a bit overpriced and thus I'll typically only buy things when they are on sale.

7 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

The what?

Anyway, there is no way of knowing which accounts belong together, at least not in such a general way. The best people can do is making a good guess.

Redzone. A banned system that was used to detect alt avatars and auto ban them on regions or groups if previously banned by another user of the system.

The creator was banned because they were basically doxing users for having alts. Something against the tos.

It's not that hard to tell who is an alt really.. there are still ways to do it even without redzone being around anymore. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Redzone. A banned system that was used to detect alt avatars and auto ban them on regions or groups if previously banned by another user of the system.

The creator was banned because they were basically doxing users for having alts. Something against the tos.

It's not that hard to tell who is an alt really.. there are still ways to do it even without redzone being around anymore.

Ah good old Redzone.. One of the reasons i always removed SLplugin during my early days in SL, not that it mattered much anyway i had dynamic ip addresses.

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Ah good old Redzone.. One of the reasons i always removed SLplugin during my early days in SL, not that it mattered much anyway i had dynamic ip addresses.

Or you kept media and music  and sounds from avatars turned off. Since it was through these things that it was usually done. 

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If the group is free to join and lots of people only join the group just to get the freebies, or sometimes super discounted items, I can somewhat understand a merchant creating an exclusive list of purchasers to get special gifts.

If those are the rules then they are perfectly reasonable if stated as such.  To not state that these are the rules suggests they want to pad out the group with anyone to make the store look popular.  If an alt is good enough to help pad out a store group, it is good enough to receive gifts.  To state that the gifts are group gifts in such circumstances is dishonest in my opinion.

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Personally, if a store only gave gifts to those that did full price purchases, then I might reconsider joining said group and possibly even shopping there any more.  There are some stores I like, but think their stuff is a bit overpriced and thus I'll typically only buy things when they are on sale.

If it were honest about it, I wouldn't mind at all.  If they are not, then I would definitely no longer shop there and would leave the group.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

If those are the rules then they are perfectly reasonable if stated as such.  To not state that these are the rules suggests they want to pad out the group with anyone to make the store look popular.  If an alt is good enough to help pad out a store group, it is good enough to receive gifts.  To state that the gifts are group gifts in such circumstances is dishonest in my opinion.

If it were honest about it, I wouldn't mind at all.  If they are not, then I would definitely no longer shop there and would leave the group.

To me it would depend on whether or not they ever send out gifts to all group members.  If so, then I don't think they need to specifically state that they also send special gifts to people that make purchases.  If those that make full price purchases are the only ones getting gifts, then I agree that the group write-up should definitely include that info.

ETA:  Though a smart store owner would periodically make group announcements that those that do make full price purchases are eligible for special gifts now and then.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.