Detaching a collar from me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, EJjameson69 said:

I am trying to detach my collar from my aviator and it won't let me just want to know how to get it off?  Also how do I take permission away from someone who I gave permission to on my collar?

Most collars have a button marked Run away

• Haha 1

@EJjameson69,

Three ways.

1. Log off, and log on again using the standard SL viewer.  It does not have RLV, so your collar won't be locked on and you can remove it.
  2. Go into Avatar\Preferences (CTRL+P).  In the Firestorm tab, General sub-tab, UNcheck the first box, "enable RLVa...".  Then log off, and log back on again.  RLV will be disabled, and you can detach your collar.
  3. Your collar's menu may include an "escape" or "run away" option.  Choose that, then detach your collar.

With any of these methods, once you remove your permission, the person you've given that permission to will know about it.  Better be prepared to bury that particular relationship.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, EJjameson69 said:

Well I think it's using the rlv so how do I get around that one 

EJ, you have to turn off the RLV before you can remove the collar if it's locked.  I'm assuming you're using the Firestorm Viewer.  At the top of your screen, click Advanced.  Scroll down to "RestrainedLove API" and uncheck it.  Relog.  The RLV will be off then and you can detatch the collar.  Before you do though, click the collar and see if you get a menu.  If you do, click "Owners," find the person you want to remove, click their name, and select "Remove."  You can also click "Run away" to get rid of them, but know that they will get a message from OC informing them that you "ran away."

Most collars have a safeword which, if you say it in chat, will allow you to remove the collar and the person who you set as your owner. This will lift all RLV restrictions, stop the current pose and unleash you. 

Many of these collars have "RED" as the safeword (all upper case!) and safewords will ALWAYS be allowed to be used.

So just say RED in local chat.
Alternatively you can say /1RED (this will hide the text from everyone around you) and apparently ((RED)) is also possible but I have never tried that.

If RED is not the safeword, try changing the safeword by saying "/ejsafeword abc" in local chat which should set your safeword to abc instead of whatever it was (even if it was RED).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Most collars have a safeword which, if you say it in chat, will allow you to remove the collar and the person who you set as your owner. This will lift all RLV restrictions, stop the current pose and unleash you. 

Many of these collars have "RED" as the safeword (all upper case!) and safewords will ALWAYS be allowed to be used.

So just say RED in local chat.
Alternatively you can say /1RED (this will hide the text from everyone around you) and apparently ((RED)) is also possible but I have never tried that.

If RED is not the safeword, try changing the safeword by saying "/ejsafeword abc" in local chat which should set your safeword to abc instead of whatever it was (even if it was RED).

Just curious, but if you relog with a non-RLV viewer, can't you just remove the collar there with no issue?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just curious, but if you relog with a non-RLV viewer, can't you just remove the collar there with no issue?

Yes, but there are safety measures built into the collar. so why not use that instead of possibly having to install a completely different viewer?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Yes, but there are safety measures built into the collar. so why not use that instead of possibly having to install a completely different viewer?

It's always a good idea to keep a second viewer installed for troubleshooting purposes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's always a good idea to keep a second viewer installed for troubleshooting purposes.

yes I use Firestorm but keep the LL viewer installed, mostly because inventory items that disappear in Firestorm are there when I log onto the LL viewer

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

yes I use Firestorm but keep the LL viewer installed, mostly because inventory items that disappear in Firestorm are there when I log onto the LL viewer

Have you worked through this page? https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory I think Part 2 is what you're needing to fix that issue. https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory#part_2_-_inventory_copy_from_sl_viewer

Here is LL's wiki page on inventory loss. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss You'll probably want to scroll down to the bottom of that page. The "ACTUAL INVENTORY LOSS" part.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.