Help setting up a bot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya,

Not a clue where to place this question so I'm going to try here. lol

First time using an alt for more than creating pretty usernames and I intend to use it as a bot. I have no idea how to make it move around on its own, be logged in at all times, follow me or even talk back a couple of lines.

I've seen it done in various clubs before, but basically I have zero clues about how bots work. Someone hold my hand and explain why I'm dumb please? xD

Thanksss

Register your bot-alt as a scripted agent and end any worries you might have about illegally gaming your traffic count.

To keep it logged in at all times you can either run it on a computer you own that's always on, or you can subscribe to a bot hosting service that runs it for you on their own computers. But don't expect to find a free bot hosting service. One consideration is the need to relog after a region restart or a viewer crash. A hosting service should do this for you automatically. There used to be a text only viewer that also had this feature, but that's long gone. I don't know of any current viewers that will let you do that, but I'm not that familiar with most current viewers.

Moving around and following you are things that can be done using scripts.

Talking can be sort-of faked (but easily seen-through) using scripts. A bot-orientated viewer (if one exists) could do this, and may even be able to interact with IMs. A bot hosting service might also provide this facility.

Edited by KT Kingsley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.