Looking For Group Homes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not really a fan of owning homes on my own. It tends to encourage isolation and time spent not working on your relationships with others. Its also costly to do it yourself and it can be a strain on friendships to share the burden. Many already have a set up too to be honest, I'm much younger then most since I haven't been around as long which I find doesn't really help.

Any ideas on who to ask or where to look?

my advice would be... don't do it.( if you mean you look to share a home)
Find a community, in that case you'll have your own place, with all privacy.

Another option.. go premium and catch a new linden home, join the belliseria citizen group ( can't believe i really say that) you'll have your own place, but the group is quite active. If you fit in you'll have enough to do.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, taintedxjennifer said:

I can see the logic in that. But I don't see any communities with homes incorporated and I've experienced premium. Premium homes don't allow scripts and barely anyone stays in them, let alone visit other people nearby.

there are several RP and non RP communities, you only have to find them :)
Premium homes dó allow scripts, not sure where you got that from.
I think you idealize community a bit. SL has a worldwide userbase, with corresponding timezones where people come  online, this is what you will see everywhere.
I reccommended Belliseria because there is a load of things organised, where you can meet others. Your real neighbours might be in asia, russia or chile.. so not online while you are.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, taintedxjennifer said:

I'm not really a fan of owning homes on my own. It tends to encourage isolation and time spent not working on your relationships with others. Its also costly to do it yourself and it can be a strain on friendships to share the burden. Many already have a set up too to be honest, I'm much younger then most since I haven't been around as long which I find doesn't really help.

Any ideas on who to ask or where to look?

Look for rentals on themed or RP (roleplay) communities. There are a number of "slice of life" communities, some contemporary and some with a retro or historical theme. Most RP communities include rentals as this is usually the only way to finance them. The down-side is that they are generally more expensive than ordinary rentals or purchased mainland.

• Like 1

I believe you have tried an older Linden home? Did you have a home that was named one of the following:Traditional, Houseboat, Camper, Victorian or Log house?

I second the suggestion of joining the Bellisseria Citizens group. You can join the group without a home in Bellisseria. It is always chat in the group and it was driving me bonkers. But I believe it is perfect for you. Start to talk in the group chat, ask for advice, ask if there is a party going on. Sometimes they meet to drive or sail around. Ask if someone want to show you their home for inspiration. I am certain you get in contact with people that way.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, Marianne Little said:

I believe you have tried an older Linden home? Did you have a home that was named one of the following:Traditional, Houseboat, Camper, Victorian or Log house?

I second the suggestion of joining the Bellisseria Citizens group. You can join the group without a home in Bellisseria. It is always chat in the group and it was driving me bonkers. But I believe it is perfect for you. Start to talk in the group chat, ask for advice, ask if there is a party going on. Sometimes they meet to drive or sail around. Ask if someone want to show you their home for inspiration. I am certain you get in contact with people that way.

I've hung out in the group for a week now. Nice people. However, it reminds me very much of any discord server that's become popular. There hasn't been much of a connection to the virtual aspect of Second Life from what I've seen. I'll keep an eye on it, but is my opinion so far.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

Premium homes dó allow scripts, not sure where you got that from.
I think you idealize community a bit. SL has a worldwide userbase, with corresponding timezones where people come  online, this is what you will see everywhere.
I reccommended Belliseria because there is a load of things organised, where you can meet others. Your real neighbours might be in asia, russia or chile.. so not online while you are.

My previous home when I was premium had scripts blocked. This was the one you got for free for having premium. Of the options I had, they all had the same conditions. A friend still has premium, and it is the same.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, taintedxjennifer said:

My previous home when I was premium had scripts blocked. This was the one you got for free for having premium. Of the options I had, they all had the same conditions. A friend still has premium, and it is the same.

With the premium homes you own the land and so can change the settings. If you want scripts to run, tick the box to enable them to do so.

about.png

Edited by Sister Nova
Added image

7 hours ago, taintedxjennifer said:

as said it's simply to change that, and tbh i never had a home where scripts were blocked upfront, it's the used that has to lock it.
Changing owners resets all so it's enabled anyway.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:48 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

/me raises a hand.

Look for the regions, Keswick, Buttermere, Langdale, Windermere and Coniston.

Northern English countryside/small town themed. Houses in all sizes from 10 L$ budge cottages allt he way up to castles. Quiet, laidback athmosphere. Lots of public areas. Four ports and an extensive road network conected to the Sansara Waterways and Linden Roads. Flexible prim limits. Lower lag than any Linden Homes, new or old.

• Like 6

One popular "RP" Community is the biker community, you will find more than 100 different sims to visit and clubs to join that provide a sense of community and often have options for renting or will let you use temporarily one of the homes on the sim that are there for scenery. Some will want you to really be into the biking scene, others less so. It may not be for you but it is an option to consider.

On 6/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

as said it's simply to change that, and tbh i never had a home where scripts were blocked upfront, it's the used that has to lock it.

Just abandoned my LH trailer... land permissions got changed so that it's now no script.

about abandon.png

27 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

Just abandoned my LH trailer... land permissions got changed so that it's now no script.

about abandon.png

it is not without script, it is group only script and that is a adjustable setting as soon somebody claims the trailer again .
And OP wasn't talking about a abandoned parcel, but the owned parcel, and thats simply nót restricted for use of scripts unless the owner setted it so.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it is not without script, it is group only script and that is a adjustable setting as soon somebody claims the trailer again .
And OP wasn't talking about a abandoned parcel, but the owned parcel, and thats simply nót restricted for use of scripts unless the owner setted it so.

My point was the fact that in abandoning the parcel the permissions changed, and they stay on that setting when they're taken on by a new owner. As a parcel isn't set to group when a person takes it on, in this instance it would be as good as the scripts being blocked. As the person didn't know to look at the permissions, they certainly wouldn't have set up a group in order to be able to take advantage of the group only permission. And the person to which I was originally replying didn't know about the permissions setting.

I took another parcel to screen shot the settings when taken by a new owner....

1842594183_aboutnewparcel.png.e2ee39fef7f0241399f9aa84e9484597.png

On 6/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

Just thought you might want to know that the situation has changed since you last took on a Linden Home.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sister Nova said:

Just thought you might want to know that the situation has changed since you last took on a Linden Home.

there is nothing changed.  OP not knowing it and thinking it is blocked is not me to blame.
It is a owner changable setting, your story doesn't change anything on that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.