Is there any way to retrieve lost chat logs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Got a ton of people on my list but since I rotated through about 4 computers in the last few years, most of the chat logs I have with these people are gone. I don't have the best memory so I don't recall what I talked about with these people. Any way to retrieve chat logs? Doesn't hurt to ask but these are probably not stored server-side eh?

7 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

Chat logs are only stored locally on your computer(s)

LL does keep copies of all Chat and IM logs (we know this from statements LL has made about ARs), but they surely do not keep them for very long due to the space that would require. 

12 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

Got a ton of people on my list but since I rotated through about 4 computers in the last few years, most of the chat logs I have with these people are gone. I don't have the best memory so I don't recall what I talked about with these people. Any way to retrieve chat logs? Doesn't hurt to ask but these are probably not stored server-side eh?

Even if they had them, they would not give you copies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

For the future, you might try to change the location of the chatlog folder to one that you sync with a cloud service.

Sidenote: you're expected to remember details on a word by word basis from 4 years ago? Oh.

This... so much this.. or use an external harddrive and have it save a backup copy every day or so.

Otherwise you are pretty much out of luck about getting them back.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL does keep copies of all Chat and IM logs (we know this from statements LL has made about ARs), but they surely do not keep them for very long due to the space that would require. 

2 weeks is what was once posted under the police blotter blog we no longer have access too.  such a shame too.  was cool seeing enforcements happen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is pretty irrelevant because you have no access. 😎

7 hours ago, Nova Convair said:
22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is pretty irrelevant because you have no access. 😎

The OP was asking about retrieving them and specifically mentioned server side storage, so YES, my comment IS relevant:

22 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Any way to retrieve chat logs? Doesn't hurt to ask but these are probably not stored server-side eh?

My subsequent comment DID STATE:

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.