What am I doing wrong 2

GemmaStone9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The body itself is only half the fun. The HUD does most of the magic... 

At best, make a new copy of both the body and the HUD and add them instead of your regular copies, so you can happily play around without damaghing anything. Try the alpha tab with all the cuts, try different foot positions and all the other bells and whistle and get to know it.

There is also a nice help section on the Maitreya Blog, explaining the functions.

• Like 3

No your feet should not need to be transparent if you are using Maitrya shoes, however you do need to choose the proper foot shape. This is done in the HUD. There are three shapes for shoes, flat, mid, and high. Your discription of floating over shoes sounds like you are wearing flat feet with high heels. Open the HUD choose the tab which I think is to the far right, when it opens you should see several foot shape. 5 if you have the latest version, though two of those are not for shoes, click the high foot if you are wearing high heels, this should solve your issue. You can remove your feet or alpha them out, which works for some shoes, but if your shoes a are strappy or have peep toes they won't look right.

• Like 12

In the Maitreya HUD, you can both change the foot shape and make various parts of the body invisible. Some shoes will need the right foot shape to be used as the feet are visible because of the shoes' design, whilst with some shoes you might as well alpha the feet as they aren't visible.

The alpha interface in the Maitreya HUD:

image.png.60b80d6d59be2704c4ba99f800d502a7.png

You can either show/hide parts by clicking the buttons in the middle, or by clicking on the pictures' squares.

In the hands/feet tab, you can select the shape of the feet:

image.png.bbce565abb2d0a1a82d82a874fbf9082.png

You can either click the 'L' and 'R' portions of the buttons to only change the shape of one foot at a time, or the picture to change both simultaneously. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A BIG thanks to everyone who contributed. Again, I have learned a lot - in particular to ensure I chose the items SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for my Body - [Lara]. I have purchased several items which I now find out will not fit! You are all SOOO helpful.

PS - I'll be back!

• Like 6

Zoe...the most popular "add on" third party foot is made by SLink.  Most shoe makers include versions for this foot.

You can buy a pair of SLink feet, hide the Maitreya feet, and use those.  It's a bit of an expensive solution, but it will enable you to wear shoes that don't have a specific version for Maitreya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only time you would ever need to alpha the feet are when you are wearing boots or high-top tennis shoes that are not rigged specifically for Maitreya.  Since boots typically cover the entire foot, you can get away with with wearing pretty much any type by simply detaching the feet or making them alpha.

It won't work for normal heels -- you'd have heels attached to invisible feet, looking quite odd indeed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

5 by now... kitty heel (?) and pointe were added in v5.

I think these are mainly used for bare feet, though i suppose you could wear ballet slippers with the pointe toe. The kitty heel i think is more for when you are sitting with no shoes, like at the beach, you foot has a more natural shape than the regular flat foot because lets face it, none of us sit with our foot like that.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only time you would ever need to alpha the feet

also with some long skirts to prevent you foot from poking through the skirt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.