Head shopping!

Reese Wicken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own two Catwa heads and a Genus head,  my  heads are becoming impossible to shape right for me, and I can never get my Genus one to look just right either, with Genus still closed (as far as I know), Who would y'all reccomend? I plan to go through the stay at home group and see what's new later.

edit

BOM & Omega heads make my life easier. :3

Edited by Lavaliere
  • Like 1

I really like the free one from Dream. It's BOM-only and very basic but responds well to sliders and you can do a LOT with it. There's no animations and nothing inside the mouth so if you use a third party animator you'll need to steal the mouth parts from your Genus head. I'm using the animator from the free Altamura body which you can pick up at London City Soho. Some of the animations in it are pretty weird but there's a couple of cycles that look natural.

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It would be quite helpful if you showed a reference pic of what style you're looking for and what special part of its shape is so important to you.

This is a bit like "name all the mesh heads you know" for a pretty broad search.

That's more of what I'm going for actually,  The listing of names people know.  I don't have a particular style I'm going for,  I want something that uses less common sliders like jowls in the chin tab to edit the face shape.

14 minutes ago, Lavaliere said:

That's more of what I'm going for actually,  The listing of names people know.  I don't have a particular style I'm going for,  I want something that uses less common sliders like jowls in the chin tab to edit the face shape.

Jowls do not react to sliders when using a mesh head.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Appearance_Editor_and_affected_bones

Or do they? I don't think it worked with my head.

Edited by Conall DeCuir
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

I think you're right. They don't react on my head too.

That's.. A little dumb.  I feel they help shape the head and face a little. Ah well.

To everyone else, I'll look into everyone you've suggested, I did grab the free stay at home club one.  Tonight my partner won't be over so I can do it in peace 

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Depending on the rigging, the double chin slider, jaw angle, width. cheek sunkenness and the general head width and shape might make up for a missing jowls rig.

Lots of try and error, though.

Ahh.. I'll have to look into heads that work more with those sliders.  I found the genus one to be lacking in that department.  (Course all this is going to end up meaning finding a new skin later too lol)

On 5/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, Lavaliere said:

I own two Catwa heads and a Genus head,  my  heads are becoming impossible to shape right for me, and I can never get my Genus one to look just right either, with Genus still closed (as far as I know), Who would y'all reccomend? I plan to go through the stay at home group and see what's new later.

edit

BOM & Omega heads make my life easier. :3

Lelutka but I do not like the newer ones, the lips look like bees bit them... ease of use is stellar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.