Name change question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Every thing stays here.  Post count, ignore lists you may be on, people you follow, all that jazz.  Only the name changes

Cool, I didn't want to start my post count all over again. Thanks Rhonda.  (Now to still figure a name.)

7 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

So, Planning to do the name change, I'm feeling nostalgic and want to be part of the old crowd.

Does youre forum post history stay attached to your account or because of the change it just wipes your old name out and leaves them blank?

I changed my name and everything stays. Forum history (all your past posts will be switched to the new name), also Marketplace history and even Caspervend redelivery functions.

Your viewer settings and chat history will be re-set to default, but the old ones will still be on your hard drive under the old name so you can copy them over if you want to. I didn't bother.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Your viewer settings and chat history will be re-set to default, but the old ones will still be on your hard drive under the old name so you can copy them over if you want to. I didn't bother.

Wait.. People keep those?  Why?

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I changed my name and everything stays. Forum history (all your past posts will be switched to the new name), also Marketplace history and even Caspervend redelivery functions.

No wonder it took so long for LL to get it sorted before release. Thats a lot of data to change. No-one can complain about the cost if thats what they want to do.  

14 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

So, Planning to do the name change, I'm feeling nostalgic and want to be part of the old crowd.

Does youre forum post history stay attached to your account or because of the change it just wipes your old name out and leaves them blank?

It...doesn’t quite work that way 😅. To be one of us you need a legacy last name. Otherwise....it’s pitchforks and the pyre I’m afraid 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

Totally off-topic but.. I lost the chat logs of my 6 first years on SL when I swapped computers and didn't think about it at the time and just formatted everything.

I'd pay the original price of that old computer just to recover the hard drive. Chat logs / screenshots are super important memorabilia to me, kinda like physical photographs were to older people.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

3 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

Because my memory is a colander.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

It...doesn’t quite work that way 😅. To be one of us you need a legacy last name. Otherwise....it’s pitchforks and the pyre I’m afraid 

*snaps fingers* ah shucks. (Ah well.  Still plan to do it because I'm nostalgic and just hate seeing "resident" tagged at the end of my name.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Totally off-topic but.. I lost the chat logs of my 6 first years on SL when I swapped computers and didn't think about it at the time and just formatted everything.

I'd pay the original price of that old computer just to recover the hard drive. Chat logs / screenshots are super important memorabilia to me, kinda like physical photographs were to older people.

Nah, I'd still consider this on topic.  

And that's understandable, I obviously lost everything I've had over the years,  computer switchings, utter dying of my machines,  then just not giving a truck and canceling accounts and uninstalling viewers.

The memorable ones stick with you though.. If you got a good memory.

Edited by Lavaliere

On 5/3/2020 at 2:23 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I totally understand. I don't care much about the old chat logs because they would be so voluminous, but I would really like to have all my old photos back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.