Jump to content

General photography.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

On 4/27/2020 at 11:10 AM, Ashlyn Voir said:

Posting here even though I guess people don’t like it because it’s ‘not their tastes’ and ‘doesn’t tell a story’ and because I took it.0E918903-216A-48E7-935B-D63B226E308A.thumb.png.85da46d1968f3925a26b697ccbec6a31.png

I like your work Ashlyn, you have an amazing eye and talent 🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

It didn’t get a lot of recognition on the other thread as usual. So, I’ll post here.

We may not always agreed or seen even eye to eye; but you shouldn't seek self validation that way; post because you enjoy to share and develop a thicker skin ignore any haters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

We may not always agreed or seen even eye to eye; but you shouldn't seek self validation that way; post because you enjoy to share and develop a thicker skin ignore any haters.

That’s easy to say when it’s not you you is constantly being looked over while seeing other people during the same time frame get 20+ likes and compliments while yours just gets less than five. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

That’s easy to say when it’s not you you is constantly being looked over while seeing other people during the same time frame get 20+ likes and compliments while yours just gets less than five. 

Actually don't care about likes, I enjoy posting to share my works and friends I made in doing so are worth way more than any "like".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

Actually don't care about likes, I enjoy posting to share my works and friends I made in doing so are worth way more than any "like".

But your last photo got 16 likes. Maybe YOU don’t care, but I’m not talking about you. Don’t tell me not to care about something just because you don’t personally care about it even though you got way more than three measly likes on a photo you worked hard on or seeing the person above and below and after you get more than 20 and yours stays stuck on 3. Like wtf. 

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2020 at 9:50 AM, Ashlyn Voir said:

That’s easy to say when it’s not you you is constantly being looked over while seeing other people during the same time frame get 20+ likes and compliments while yours just gets less than five. 

 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ashlyn Voir said:

But your last photo got 16 likes. Maybe YOU don’t care, but I’m not talking about you. Don’t tell me not to care about something just because you don’t personally care about it even though you got way more than three measly likes on a photo you worked hard on or seeing the person above and below and after you get more than 20 and yours stays stuck on 3. Like wtf. 

Read back through the 'look today' thread. We have talked about what LIKES are to us in that thread. It includes what some people think of the 'likes' and why they post images.

If your goal is to accumulate LIKES then you have to cater to those clicking.You can't just do what you like. You literally give up your freedom for clicks. Silly. With the diversity of reasons people have for clicking and the varied taste of people figuring out what the forum group likes to cater to them is going to be a challenge.

It also sounds like you have a bit of the entitlement and victim thinking pushed by corporate media and politicians. The basic you are owed and should receive something you want from others regardless of what they think or want. Are you thinking we owe you clicks? That you deserve clicks? Did your school give out 'participation' awards? Have you even considered why I should click on your images? OR are you just thinking the world is this way so you should... Seems you have bumped into real life and it isn't the way you want it. I hate it when that happens. But, the world isn't going to change.

While I think you have an eye for composition, I seldom click on your images. They just aren't what I like and seldom strike a note with me. So my clicks are usually, 'meh... not really my thing but it is well very done otherwise'. Do you really want me judging your images? I don't generally care for effeminate males or the look. There are effeminate men that are interesting, talented, and smart. If I were to focus on the single thing of what I want and the way I want it, I would miss out on enjoying some amazing people.

Work at it it and you'll figure out 'like wtf'.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...