Can I somehow ban toxic MP customers?

Sage Waverider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm absolutely sick of cancerous customers in the marketplace,  that has no clue how stuff works an keeps leaving 1 star reviews.

The first thing I saw this morning was a review left by some absolute knob calling my creations crap and rip offs just because his delivery failed, this particular person later writes messages calling merchants names on his profiles wall. And this has been happening for years. For example it's common that people don't read the description before buying and after that would be bashing you with reviews and DMs.

I mean if you can afford an in-world store, you can ban customers like that, but if you're running a marketplace store there's no way to ban these lunatics.

Or is the official policy of LL is that content creators just have to deal with this?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sage Waverider said:

I'm absolutely sick of cancerous customers in the marketplace,  that has no clue how stuff works an keeps leaving 1 star reviews.

The first thing I saw this morning was a review left by some absolute knob calling my creations crap and rip offs just because his delivery failed, this particular person later writes messages calling merchants names on his profiles wall. And this has been happening for years. For example it's common that people don't read the description before buying and after that would be bashing you with reviews and DMs.

I mean if you can afford an in-world store, you can ban customers like that, but if you're running a marketplace store there's no way to ban these lunatics.

Or is the official policy of LL is that content creators just have to deal with this?

if this is your attitude to difficult customers, perhaps stop your MP.
Or deal with it.
If i'm right, if you mute people inworld, they won't be able to buy on your MP.

• Like 2

Well we are all supposed to be reasonable, I never verbally attack such customers or something.

But the attitude that the merchants should just take the insults is not okay.

Maybe it's really a time for me to close my MP since I think it's an absolute waste of my time to try to talk sense to such customers. 

What sort of customer service should some difficult customer recieve when they pay like 100L$? Sometimes it can take an hour or so to discuss their delusions. I mean if a customer is reasonable I have no trouble providing customer service, but in the case of really difficult ones it's really not worth my time. 

• Like 1

If you're experiencing a slew of angry customers all the time, there's a good chance you're doing something to make all these people angry, not the other way around.

You can block them, but it's probably a good idea to evaluate yourself, as well. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sage Waverider said:

I'm absolutely sick of cancerous customers in the marketplace,  that has no clue how stuff works an keeps leaving 1 star reviews

eBAY had to alter their feedback system as it was open to abuse and regularly abused by non thinkers. The MP star sytem is shockingly abused. And once you get 1 star that's it -  ain't no ever getting it back to 5 stars even if there's 10 positive reviews after the 1 star. The star system has become a wonderful griefing tool for those with a few lindens to buy their gripe with.

Edited by rasterscan

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

eBAY had to alter their feedback system as it was open to abuse and regularly abused by non thinkers. The MP star sytem is shockingly abused. And once you get 1 star that's it -  ain't no ever getting it back to 5 stars even if there's 10 positive reviews after the 1 star. The star system has become a wonderful griefing tool for those with a few lindens to buy their gripe with.

I think that changed a few years ago when LL changed the rounddown() method to a round(nearest 0.5 star) method as I have added less-than-five-star reviews on a listing with a perfect 5 star average and the end average was still a perfect 5 out of 5 stars.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sage Waverider said:

If the review was because of non-delivery or complaining about something that is stated in the product description, then you can get the review removed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If the review was because of non-delivery or complaining about something that is stated in the product description, then you can get the review removed.

It's pot luck if you can I have found - LL don't always do it even for non delivery or reviews that outside the guidelines - seems to depend on how busy they are.   Other times they are awesome and remove very quickly.

The rest general response on the topic:

I always ignore 1 star reviews unless they have found an issue you didn't realize was present (in which case fix it).   I like it when I see Merchants writing a nice professional response back in comments showing their customer service skills, perhaps putting a counterpoint forward and explanation without emotion.  That way the other 99pct of customers see that and it likely doesn't even impact sales.  People tend to generally spot "silly" reviews and ignore them, but they are interested in how professional the merchant was in their response.

To the original poster - how are you responding to these reviews?  Are you finding that helping?

Also subjective reviews they won't remove - some examples :

"It was too small".     One Star.
Listing had dimensions on, plot size it should be used for and a demo ("See Item in Second Life") directly linked.
Also Mod - so just "make it bigger"...

"It's ugly".  One star
Subjective opinion they are entitled to it (not a useful review of course doesn't say WHY it is Ugly to them/didn't check the Demo etc)

"It doesn't look like the picture" One star
Ditto above (and again no explanation as to what is the difference / didn't check the Demo etc)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.