If you are buying products in marketplace, please keep in mind ...

VanillaLovelace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

... that many shop owners are trying their best to help their customers, if the bought product is not working as expected. So If you might have a problem with a product you bought in Marketplace, please please please always contact the shop owners BEFORE writing a BAD REVIEW about the product!  

In case of the shop owner does not react on your support request or the product is still not working, so you still have the ability to write a bad review ... and then its fair, cause you gave them a chance of  solving the problem.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This also goes for knowingly purchasing a no mod item and then complaining how it should have come as modifyable. This of course goes for all permissions, mine is just an example.

Same goes for Li, if the Li are stated on the product page and you make the purchase anyway, there is no room to take off any stars in your review because you wished it was lower Li. General you.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

This also goes for knowingly purchasing a no mod item and then complaining how it should have come as modifyable. This of course goes for all permissions, mine is just an example.

Same goes for Li, if the Li are stated on the product page and you make the purchase anyway, there is no room to take off any stars in your review because you wished it was lower Li. General you.

Yesterday, a customer was purchasing an MAITREYA APPLIER from my shop and wrote a bad review, stating that the product is not working. When I contacted her and tried to figure out, what went wrong, she told me (after 30 Minutes of conversation) that she is not wearing Maitreya Mesh Body .... 

I really like to help newbies ... thats not a problem at all ... but it makes me furious, if they don‘t have any clue and at the same time thinking it would be a good idea to make shop owners responsible for their own lack of wisdom by writing a bad review ....

i think a bad review, with low ranking should be possible, as long it's constructive and not a expression of the underbelly. If a product is bad, it is that.
Sellers have to check it before putting it on MP, and update it when it's not what they tell their customers what it is.
If reviews are about non relevant buyer issues, or functions that aren't mentioned in the description.. remove should be a option.

• Like 2

I have only a couple bad reviews and it`s always ppl not knowing how to use the product or not reading the description or wishing something else was included...for example, one bad review is: Product is great and works great, but there is no white color included - she knocked of 2 stars cause of that even tho there are pictures with all colors shown and obviously no white...another one says the applier is not working-gave me 1 star, I sent my self the same product from MP, tested it and it works, it was probably lag on their part..

What I do in such situations is leave a reply with proof of their claims being unfounded/false, for example, applier not working, I made a gyazo gif of using said applier and textures being applied successfully,...I don`t contact ppl in world, if they feel like review section was the best way to communicate I`ll assume it`s their preference and reply there...

and yes, removing false bad reviews should be an option, but I believe as long as you reply and prove the product is indeed as described and functional, in a respectful way ofc, it will not deter new customers...

It's funny when you politely contact a creator MULTIPLE times via both notecard and IM regarding a defective product, they completely ignore you (despite being online on multiple occasions), so you leave a negative review, then they flag your review and get LL to remove it. This type of BS happens all too often.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had purchased several nice items from a particular vendor, but one day an item was broken. I contacted him politely several times over a period of weeks but got no reply, so finally left a bad review as a means of warning others.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten a few bad reviews myself but not from anyone who'd bothered to contact me in world. Nobody who has ever contacted me in world has walked away unhappy. Most of the bad reviews have been concerning price or misunderstanding what I considered clear labeling as per contents. I think it very unfair to post a bad review before contacting the creator. Most of us are more than willing to make things right with our customers because we want them to come back again. It is our livelihood as well as our reputation at stake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.