Please lower or waive Second Life® fees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Please shut this off.

I'm sorry, but that's not possible, as you only receive the text once.

You have already received it. 🤷‍♀️

You can look at the privacy policy that explains news and how to disable them:

https://www.opencollar.at/privacy.html

2 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

But you're ok sending this message to every single open collar user when then log on ? Everytime. 

No, I don't send it everytime. I send it one time.

I'm not sure why my news system is all of a sudden such an issue, I've been having that in place since the OpenCollar 3.9 API era in 2013, and used it many times for things that were not related to the collar but to my community.

Not everyone is running an ice cold business where everything is business related.

I never have, I never will.

1 minute ago, gudetama00 said:

Imagine paying 1.2k Lindens for a collar only to have the maker turn into into a spam machine. Troll or no troll, you've got to see how that's messed up, @Wendy Starfall

Nice try. None of this money ends up on my account, as these collars are particularly supporting one other coder, the mesh artist, and the sim.

My core product, is cost-free, and until now always has been.

Everyone knows that. If you want to throw mud, you have to get a mud cannon. ☺️

• Like 1

You are pissing of a lot of people with this idiocy. Yes, i'm calling it that. You're not thinking clearly. Do not forget that you, and anyone in SL does not have the right to be in SL, you have the privilege. Do not forget that waving fees or lowering rates isn't going to help anyone. LL needs to pay for the costs as well. Again, it is not your right to be in SL. You pressuring a company that is not really providing something essential in life, is you being an extremely entitled little brat.

STOP spamming with your newly created alts just to make them join groups and spam them. You're being a silly child who has no freaking idea how economics work. Do you never stop and think that whatever the world governments are "giving" now, isn't going to have to be returned back over time? How silly are you? Nothing is for free.

I'm sure you are convinced you're doing a nobel thing..., you're not, so quit it and let the rest who are in SL to escape from all this crap be!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

Nice try. None of this money ends up on my account, as these collars are particularly supporting one other coder, the mesh artist, and the sim.

My core product, is cost-free, and until now always has been.

Everyone knows that. If you want to throw mud, you have to get a mud cannon. ☺️

Regardless of who the money goes to it's MONEY regardless. I don't care if it's used to fund your adopted chimpanzee in an Africa sanctuary for Primates. The point is that these people paid for it. And honestly I don't know about your "core product" because I've never bought from you. I viewed your store and saw the collars. So no, not everyone knows that. Don't think so highly of yourself that everyone knows about your product. I had never heard of you until today. 

Edited by gudetama00
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

If you want to throw mud

Well I don't want to throw mud.

I think your heart is in the right place, Wendy...trying in the only way you know how at this point in time to help those within your purview.
It's too bad you can't set up an 'artist foodbank' or something in your area of the country for starving artists, or for starving artists who are starving more than usual...:)
Foodbanks in some areas are in dire straights, and I hate to think of those who live 'hand to mouth' trying to get through this crisis, no matter what their occupation.

I feel so fortunate to have food!  Although I may be down to spam and crackers before long...as no way will I leave the house at this time.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I don't want to throw mud.

I think your heart is in the right place, Wendy...trying in the only way you know how at this point in time to help those within your purview.
It's too bad you can't set up an 'artist foodbank' or something in your area of the country for starving artists, or for starving artists who are starving more than usual...:)
Foodbanks in some areas are in dire straights, and I hate to think of those who live hand to mouth trying to get through this crisis.

RL is the appropriate place for efforts like this. It's much easier to actually gauge need there, and there are mechanisms (GoFundMe, Patreon, etc) in place to do so. The Milwaukee Journal newspaper just ran a story about local efforts to support artists in need. Some of those artists are friends of mine and I'm in the process of making donations right this minute (okay, okay... in a minute). I'm also a regular donor to our local Rescue Mission.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 9

Just now, Wendy Starfall said:

I'm sorry, but that's not possible, as you only receive the text once.

You have already received it. 🤷‍♀️

Oh, I'm sorry .. but this isn't the first time. 

I shouldn't have to opt out of you plugging threads on the forums via a product in use by a large number of people, regardless of how much or little it may cost.

Pretty sure if that's not a ToS violation already, It should be.

You want forks, this is how you get forks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The Milwaukee Journal newspaper just ran a story about local efforts to support artists in need. Some of those artists are friends of mine and I'm in the process of making donations right this minute (okay, okay... in a minute). I'm also a regular donor to our local Rescue Mission.

That lightens my heart to hear of this  :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.