Import .anim to Blender

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you have your working file, you could save the animation as BVH and then import that into Blender.  There could certainly be a plug in coming to Avastar for that in the future. I haven't kept up with Avastar newness though since I am still working in 2.79

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 6:12 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

That implementation of anim2bvh has major flaws, such as not being able to handle 0.0 duration, single frame animations plus the creator added stupidly large bone sizes and mandatory 3 minimum frame injection that overwrites/replaces data for animations using lesser frames.

2 minor flaws 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:32 PM, Zerothe10th said:

Oh! Had I seen this sooner I would've been able to answer.
Well so far you can't bring .anim files into Blender Y_Y
HOWEVER! You can convert .anim files into bvh files which CAN be brought into blender.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwin9m6auybcpup/Anim2BVHbento(2)(1).rar?dl=0
Just give this a whirl and import.

Hello, why this program for me does not work, I load the animation and give it a destination but it does not convert anything, I get the announcement that it has already been converted but nothing appears, please help

On 6/18/2021 at 8:40 AM, eduardoalonzo said:

Hello, why this program for me does not work, I load the animation and give it a destination but it does not convert anything, I get the announcement that it has already been converted but nothing appears, please help

It usually saves in the same place as the source. So where ever your .anim files are the converted will save in the same place

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.