Genus eye depth/sunken bug?

Clare Evergarden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been using Catwa for years now and really like the head but its starting to get old and the Genus head has a really nice shape, I got it when it was in beta or alpha, which ever the first version you could buy was, anyways, I dismissed it back then because I thought the eyes were buggy, and not the random eye movement bug that they fixed not along ago, I mean the eyeballs are sunken, the eyes don't touch the eyelids, apart from the sides, its very strange, and distracting, so I thought I'd wait to use the Genus head but, the urge to try something new has been hitting again so I'm trying to use the head again, and yet,

The eye depth bug is still there, the head has gotten so popular these days, I'm honestly surprised I need to make this post, is there a fix that I am not aware of, or am I the only one noticing this, I've tried fixing this in the avatar shape window, you can kind of fix the lower eye lid but the upper is so far away that there is no getting it closer, I've made sure I'm up to date, I've turned off all AOs and relogged,

I have also just tried to move to just buying mesh eyes to place them in the correct spot but they just clip through the side of the eyelids I don't know, I've included a Gif image of what I am talking about, this can't be normal right?

https://i.gyazo.com/4f432eaf77fc3d18a82d43c92400f366.gif

• Like 1

So I was able to sort of fix it, though not completely, by raising the baggy eyes to push out the lower eyelids to match the upper lids, then use some mesh eyes and moved them closer to the eyelids, now there isn't such a crazy gab but now I don't get spec or normals :(

Edit: scratch that, didn't work sadly.

Edited by Criss Requiem

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No mesh eyes will fix this issue sadly, its simply a creator design flaw, one that doesn't bother many I suppose sense the head is pretty popular even so, just throws those with a sharp eye, this could be easily fixed by the creator, sadly they had to take down the head because of a lawsuit of some kind, sounds like they plan to put it back up once they get through the lawsuit but that could be a while, so a fix probably isn't coming any time soon, if ever,

That said I did find something that sort of "fixes" the eyes, though I wouldn't really call it a fix sense your creating a issue or limiting yourself in order to make something else look sort of right, that is, using a eye locking hud, I use the "Eye Lock Hud" by pickle, so you can use mesh eyes, put them in place and your good, its another script on your avatar but it works and the eyes look much better, the downside is that AOs that actually animate the head and eyes no longer animate your eyes, mine still animates the mouth so its not all lost, but I wouldn't call a fix a fix that creates another problem or limits you where you were not limited before hand so, its still up to the creator of the head to do something about the eyes,

but judging, with the lawsuit and how popular the head is as is, making the money it is, well, was, I highly doubt anything will be done, the best thing that could happen is that the lawsuit causes the creator to start up a new store, with a new head with better rigging for the eyes, and hair for that matter, seems 80% or hair I demo on this head, on any of the shapes I've made for the head, or bought on MP, all seem over sized or floating on the head, well, rigged hair anyways, but I prefer long hair so . . . .

In any case, I hope the creator comes out of the lawsuit fine, and if they can't put the current heads back on the market, that they decide to make new heads, with less or no rigging issues, tell then I will continue to hunt for the right head that suit my needs.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought you just edit your appearance, select your Mesh eyes, and edit them further from your mesh head..

It was difficult to do, I agree but  eventually I got the eyes lined up (I am pretty sure I resized them along the way) and I haven't seen any major eye issues any longer.  These are .euphoric ~Mavi Eyes BTW.   

image.thumb.png.903bc3a95e5502f1d6b3d00a7da5814f.png

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 4:43 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought you just edit your appearance, select your Mesh eyes, and edit them further from your mesh head..

No. They're rigged into this position and can't be moved. I think it's still a popular head because it's not really noticeable on a smaller screen, but I use a huge Wacom so I can really see it. The tips here helped - especially the eye lock hud! I hope someone comes along and does better eyes for an equally beautiful head. I know I'd pay for it. Maybe one day I will find time to sculpt a head.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Adrienne Aichi said:

No. They're rigged into this position and can't be moved. I think it's still a popular head because it's not really noticeable on a smaller screen, but I use a huge Wacom so I can really see it. The tips here helped - especially the eye lock hud! I hope someone comes along and does better eyes for an equally beautiful head. I know I'd pay for it. Maybe one day I will find time to sculpt a head.

Or as @Janet Voxelsaid 10 months ago and I do, use unrigged mesh eyes.  I've never used the rigged eyes in either of my heads.  Catwa's unrigged all the time.  

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.